Sonic Universe #79 Spoilers and Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Universe #79 Spoilers and Discussion

Postby OncleSam » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Aaaah, nice touch with the Generations' Boss Door at the end. Looks like Time Eater is lurking again. But wasn't it destroyed at the end of Generations ?

So the Council is responsible for the Genesis Portals ? Does that technically mean that since the problem came frome the " Future ", if they " solve " this problem in the past or wherever Silver fixes it, everything will " unwrite " itself again ?
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby overthinking » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Silver talking through his hand is entirely adorable I love it
overthinking
BumbleNewbie

Postby jm0364 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Mikail wrote:
Meliden wrote:-The portal is a purplish void tunnel with black grabby hands everywhere (where were these in the Worlds Unite portals??)

My guess is that since this all takes place "before" Worlds Unite, the monster with those grabby hands *cough* Time Eater *cough* is defeated and the Genesis Portals just stick around.

Also, 50 rings says that Council member #5 is Gold the Tenrec.

I'll see your 50 rings and raise it with 50 RED Rings.

Yeah I have a high suspicious that Number 5 is Gold.

And come on. That Face in the first page, The Boss Gate, I think we might be getting some Time Eater Action up in this Future House. ;D
jm0364
BumbleCitizen

Postby Betz! » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Dubz and teh editorrial collim is DA BESZT! #thatpunwassoawful
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby diamonddeath » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:09 pm

That face in that portal on the first page, those dark hands in the portal that Silver and Von Schlemmer fell in, and the gears in the end of the issue... is this an origin story for the Time Eater?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby DoNotDelete » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:12 am

Great to see so much of Von Schlemmer.

He's a fun and interesting, wacky character.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Yeah, I'm not really interested in the Council (that yes gag isn't doing anything for me and the setting's a little bland) but the real meat of the issue is Von Schlemmer and Silver, and those two are a joy. I like it.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Penguin God wrote:Yeah, I'm not really interested in the Council (that yes gag isn't doing anything for me and the setting's a little bland) but the real meat of the issue is Von Schlemmer and Silver, and those two are a joy. I like it.

I got a kind of Doc Brown/Marty Mcfly kind of vibe with their dynamic and anything that reminds me of Back to the Future gets a thumbs up in my book :P
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:31 pm

QuantamEdge wrote:
Penguin God wrote:Yeah, I'm not really interested in the Council (that yes gag isn't doing anything for me and the setting's a little bland) but the real meat of the issue is Von Schlemmer and Silver, and those two are a joy. I like it.

I got a kind of Doc Brown/Marty Mcfly kind of vibe with their dynamic and anything that reminds me of Back to the Future gets a thumbs up in my book :P

Concurred.

I must say this issue certainly sounds interesting-I'm looking forward to reading it. While there certainly seem to be similarities between this new threat and the Time Eater, the image from part four's cover has me thinking we might be looking at a new threat entirely. Time will tell, I suppose-and I totally didn't intend that pun when I though of it.

I was thinking that Von Schlemmer and Silver's little exchange from the Free Comic story took place before this, but it looks as though it will probably take place after they've dealt with the Council's plans for the Genesis Portals. I'd also be willing to bet that Gold is one of those other "people with powers" whom the council has apparently been hunting down. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if her powers allow her to open Genesis Portals in an effect opposite to Silver's ability to close them. I'm also curious as to whether the Council's dominion really extends to the entirety of future Mobius, or whether they control a limited region such as Onyx Island, which I can only imagine is where Onyx City is located.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:42 pm

QuantamEdge wrote:

Concidering that the Variant Cover of SU81 is an homage to Back to the Future Part 3, you're apparently not the only one who thinks that.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150629234401/sonic/images/0/0b/Sonic_Universe_-81_%28variant%29.jpg
http://canbyclassiccinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/backtothefuture3.jpg
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby Mikail » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Well I'm pretty sure that the council, similar to Black Death, will just be one shot antagonists meant to help set the stage for future stories.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 pm

I kinda hope Silver and Von Schlemmer's relationship becomes like Rick and Morty.

"And The We'll go on more Adventures Silve. It'll be Silver an Vonschlemmer adventures all day every day Silver. WWW(dot)SilverandVonschlemmeradventures(dot)com. Silver and Von Schlemmer 100 years.""
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Striker » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Silver: Im not going.

Von Schlemmer: You’re going.

Silver: …

Schlemmmer: …

Silver: I’m not…

Schlemmer: *picks up silver*

Silver: goi-AUGH!!!

Schlemmer: You’re going.

Basically what I thought when I finished reading.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby Mikail » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:58 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I kinda hope Silver and Von Schlemmer's relationship becomes like Rick and Morty.

"And The We'll go on more Adventures Silve. It'll be Silver an Vonschlemmer adventures all day every day Silver. WWW(dot)SilverandVonschlemmeradventures(dot)com. Silver and Von Schlemmer 100 years.""

I can see that. Just with less drunken belching and more exclamations in German.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:13 am

Striker wrote:Silver: Im not going.

Von Schlemmer: You’re going.

Silver: …

Schlemmmer: …

Silver: I’m not…

Schlemmer: *picks up silver*

Silver: goi-AUGH!!!

Schlemmer: You’re going.

Basically what I thought when I finished reading.

Yeah, I wondered about that-it seems like Silver would be entirely capable of breaking free from Von Schlemmer if he wanted to, unless the Professor packs some kind of psychic inhibitor. Am also kinda curious whether the Dragonball masks are ever going to come off the Council member's faces and show us what they look like underneath.

Also: Professor Emmet Von Schlemmer, aka "Prof", his young friend Silver McHog, Silver's girlfriend Tenrecker Parker, and Prof's dog Bitstein. Now we just need a Biff...
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius