The Sonic Showdown

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Sonic Showdown

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:22 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuu....dge. Well, the more popular one one I guess. Don't feel bad Pele, Blaze won fair and square. If anything extra time made it more fair, since more people voted. (That and I can find comfort in fact that Shadow will avenge Metal in next round).

.... Wait a second. Blaze, Metal Sonic, Shadow and Marine-look a like? Sonic Universe #1 was hiding in this part of Showdown all a long!
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Azul » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:02 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Fuuuuuuuuuu....dge. Well, the more popular one one I guess. Don't feel bad Pele, Blaze won fair and square. If anything extra time made it more fair, since more people voted. (That and I can find comfort in fact that Shadow will avenge Metal in next round).

.... Wait a second. Blaze, Metal Sonic, Shadow and Marine-look a like? Sonic Universe #1 was hiding in this part of Showdown all a long!

This is some high class foreshadowing right here.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby yams88 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:01 am

Blaze winning wasn't exactly fair. There is a lot hinting at foul play but why this poll? I have no idea. But it makes me wonder if all the polls from here on out will start doing this.

The only thing that makes me feel better is that means Shadow won't go up against Metal. There is no way I could have picked between the two.
yams88
BumbleNewbie

Postby Azul » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:46 am

yams88 wrote:Blaze winning wasn't exactly fair. There is a lot hinting at foul play but why this poll? I have no idea. But it makes me wonder if all the polls from here on out will start doing this.

The only thing that makes me feel better is that means Shadow won't go up against Metal. There is no way I could have picked between the two.

They're both very popular characters. It could have gone either way. I don't see why you'd think Blaze winning is unfair.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby PeléPelé06 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:50 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:.... Wait a second. Blaze, Metal Sonic, Shadow and Marine-look a like? Sonic Universe #1 was hiding in this part of Showdown all a long!
Had a similar thought, wonder if Aaron's a fan of the comics, like if he reads them for fun instead of for work.
Azul wrote:They're both very popular characters. It could have gone either way. I don't see why you'd think Blaze winning is unfair.
I can see why: it's the fact that these matches went on for longer than any of the others. Plus I'm (mostly) sure that at the same time the previous Friday, Metal was in the lead. Nothing I'll lose sleep over, but it makes the victory a little harder to celebrate.
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Yeah, Metal was in the lead for several days AFTER the poll was supposed to end. Blaze only took the lead at the last minute before Ruby decided to end it. Not only that, but people are exploiting the polls by using incognito mode and opening multiple tabs. 4chan was votebombing Metal Sonic while the SEGA forums were votebombing Blaze.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Azul » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:28 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:Yeah, Metal was in the lead for several days AFTER the poll was supposed to end. Blaze only took the lead at the last minute before Ruby decided to end it. Not only that, but people are exploiting the polls by using incognito mode and opening multiple tabs. 4chan was votebombing Metal Sonic while the SEGA forums were votebombing Blaze.

SEGA forums used Counter!
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Again: How longer voting is unfair? Did Blaze's fans used that time to bomb Metal fans' clubhouse and terrorized everyone else into voting for fire cat? It's really not a big deal.

yams88 wrote:The only thing that makes me feel better is that means Shadow won't go up against Metal. There is no way I could have picked between the two.

Amen. :P
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby yams88 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Azul wrote:
yams88 wrote:Blaze winning wasn't exactly fair. There is a lot hinting at foul play but why this poll? I have no idea. But it makes me wonder if all the polls from here on out will start doing this.

They're both very popular characters. It could have gone either way. I don't see why you'd think Blaze winning is unfair.

It was mostly the fact that not only did the polls have way too many votes, I was watching the counter one day before the polls got taken down. A single vote was added every 15 to 20 seconds even though Metal was in the lead. Lo and behold Blaze suddenly comes out ahead by 300 votes within half a day. Ah well.

But if there were vote bombings from both sides, then there is no telling who was supposed to really win. Only question is how many other polls will turn out this way. I can imagine the Shadow vs Sticks poll is going to be all over the place, or at least try. Maybe 4chan will grow tired of it at some point.

Edit
Again I'm not super upset or anything. Just not going to take this as a serious representations of things is all. XD Like everyone said, at least they were both really popular characters.
Last edited by yams88 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yams88
BumbleNewbie

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:35 pm

The reason votebombings are happening in the first place is that people assume this is some kind of marketing scheme to determine which side characters to keep and which to throw out. When in reality it's just a fun little poll for the fans.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby yams88 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:44 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:The reason votebombings are happening in the first place is that people assume this is some kind of marketing scheme to determine which side characters to keep and which to throw out. When in reality it's just a fun little poll for the fans.

According to the recent post, they are keeping the winners in mind, but I don't think Sega would trust an exploitable poll for their marketing mechanics. Its more complex than that. But I guess I can see why the fans were worried. Ah well.

But if anything, the attention some characters get in the polls, win or lose, probably makes them consider their importance to the fans. So maybe this is a win for both Blaze and Metal? Two characters who haven't done anything too big in awhile.

But yeah, everyone freaking out that this will be a legit marketing scheme just brought it more attention than it should have.
yams88
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:38 pm

anything that denies 4chan users what they want is fine by me
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby PeléPelé06 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:39 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Again: How longer voting is unfair? Did Blaze's fans used that time to bomb Metal fans' clubhouse and terrorized everyone else into voting for fire cat? It's really not a big deal.
It's hard for me to articulate exactly why, so I'll use a confused and convoluted analogy, let us begin:

"You and some friends organize a Smash Bros. tourney with a mix of amateur and pro players, matched up randomly. Matches 1 through 4 take place on Final Destination with no items and one stock per player. Inexplicably, Match 5, which pits a level 4-rated player against one who is rated level 7, takes place in a poorly-made player-created stage with spiked platforms and lava walls. Also, it's raining Bob-ombs and everyone starts with 350% damage.

And it's like, sure, Level 4-chan wins fair-and-square by air-dodging a bomb and then kicking Level 7-san into a lava wall (which sends him flying into a bomb, which sends him flying into another bomb, which KO's him), but you're honestly gonna tell me nothing about that match seemed even a little off to you?"

...or something along those lines. :(hearty laughter):
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby linebyline » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:53 pm

So, in other words, even if it doesn't seem like it would have necessarily given an advantage to one entrant over another, there's still something highly fishy about the fact that the rules changed. Is that what you're getting at?
linebyline
BumbleKnight

Postby PeléPelé06 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Yeah, I guess? That was more me having a Silly Moment than anything, so I think I'll leave it at that instead of derailing the thread. And thank you for even attempting to parse that, so sorry! :(hearty laughter):
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius