Solicitations - STH 279 & SU 82

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Solicitations - STH 279 & SU 82

Postby Uwaaii » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:00 pm

I liked seeing Sonic's werehog form outside the Unleash story adaption like in Fighters, so hope to see more of that before the adaption ending.
I am also liking the characterization of post-reboot Silver, so really looking forward to this arc.

As for the new boss, it is nice to see more female characters with important roles. Now if they can make their shape and size more diverse...
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Now if they can make their shape and size more diverse...

Yep. I agree.

The male character didn't really have much of a problem in diversity even if they did skew towards the typical body type. We had bulky guys like Rotor, Bark, Big, and Vector among others.

So far I think we've got Thunderbolt post-reboot and that's about it. Dulcy may or may not show up again.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Dulcy's return is all but confirmed. Ian said back in May that 2 characters who were "name-dropped way back at the start" (Dulcy and Lupe were name-dropped in 257 and we know Lupe's coming back) would return in Shattered World Crisis 'act 2'

https://twitter.com/ianflynnbkc/status/ ... 6278255616
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Sonic Universe 82's possible cliff-hanger?

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 am

While I could of put this in the SU 81 thread I figured since this is about a future issue, and not everyone would probably stalk look at the topic after seeing the general opinion on it, I would make a new topic for it.

Also, SPOILERS! You have been warned.

Spoiler: show
My first idea (And most wanted) for a possible cliff-hanger is something straight out of Worlds Unute. I'm of course talking about how the cliff hanger for the finale was shown. Though instead of the Nexus I want to see what the world around Onyx City looks like. I doubt this will happen but it'd be pretty cool.

My second and least possible idea is something showing the Council. Whether imprisoned, dead, on the run, or trapped with the Second Devourer (Where they would play eye spy or goldfish.).

This one is probably likely the ending we'll get. Silver and the Doc (I can't remember how to spell his name.) talk about Silver going through the Genesis Portals (Is that what they're called? Feels weird calling them that for some reason.) and it basically tells us to see SU 75 and Worlds Unite Battles for more of Silver. If it did actually say that in the very end I'd laugh way too much at it.

What do all of you think? Do you have any theories of your own? Do you think mine are complete garbage and a waste of a topic (Which I kinda want someone to say as a joke now.)? Do you like my meh theories? Are you even still reading this or have you gone off to better topics like I wouldn't because I made this and therefore must stalk this 24/7 like a madman? Do you even think the issue will have a cliff-hanger?
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Re: Sonic Universe 82's possible cliff-hanger?

Postby Nintenfreak » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:20 am

Well I certainly hope they have a resolution. I'd hate it if they put Schlemmer in the cooler.
Nintenfreak
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:54 am

MOD NOTE: Merged topics since this is still the "discuss before the issue is out" thread.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:12 am

Nintenfreak wrote:Well I certainly hope they have a resolution. I'd hate it if they put Schlemmer in the cooler.

Schlemmer will live considering this happens before Sonic Universe 75 and Free Comic Book Day 2015. It's just a matter of how it ends now.

Ian Flynn wrote:MOD NOTE: Merged topics since this is still the "discuss before the issue is out" thread.

Hm. Why didn't I think of that? I'll keep that in mind in case I ever do this again.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby FritzyBeat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:47 pm

I vote Titan Silver vs Titan Tails.

Battle to the death.

If this isn't the next milestone issue there will be unrest in the streets.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:27 pm

FritzyBeat wrote:I vote Titan Silver vs Titan Tails.

Battle to the death.

If this isn't the next milestone issue there will be unrest in the streets.

I second this.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Tikikata » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:39 am

Nephthys!? Okay, so... Egyptian mythology inspired character in my Sonic comic? Um... YES! Gonna have to keep an eye out for this issue.

And I'm kinda sad the Silver arc is ending, but at the same time I'm really excited to see how it ends. Definitely my favorite Sonic Universe arc to date. Thanks for making it happen! <3
Tikikata
BumbleNewbie

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:37 am

Tikikata wrote:Nephthys!? Okay, so... Egyptian mythology inspired character in my Sonic comic? Um... YES! Gonna have to keep an eye out for this issue.

I think Nephthys is gonna be in the next Sonic issue as well since this is a two-parter. (As well as Eggman's Dozen.)

It'd be cooler to see that character in both parts as opposed to just one.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 pm

DrakStarr wrote:We're getting an awful lot of female bosses in this new universe.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Robotnik is an equal opprotunity tyrant!
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby TurboTailz » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:
DrakStarr wrote:We're getting an awful lot of female bosses in this new universe.

Haha yeah if you got the skills to be legit and very troublesome. You're in :twisted: .
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:

Isn't Eggman supposedly a feminist though? ;P If the official game booklets are to be believed XP
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:38 pm

It's more like we've had more focus on the female Egg Bosses so far, or the ones established have more history.
-Conquering Storm was a key player throughout Iron Dominion and had key roles in both an issue of Scrambled and Journey to the East, and a different but similar redesign (and also possibly plays a key role in the upcoming two part Wings of Fire). Akhlut had the two part Family Matters and a key part in At All Costs part 1, and has a completely different design. Mordred had half of Chaotix Quest and basically a cameo in #254.
-Amongst the new cast, Thunderbolt had the 4-issue Control/Ambush arc, Clove had the Consequences back-up and is in the midst of Hidden Costs, Nephthys had a two-issue story coming up (although at just 10 pages each, it's a whole issue's worth lower than Mordred), while Tundra and Axel had basic cameo roles across Countdown to Chaos and have one 10-page story to their names (the previous issue's Cold Hearted and the upcoming Keys to Gaia respectively), although Axel has an extra cameo and page to his name (Champions and one of the after the credits sequences of #259). Both the unnamed male and female don't have anything lined up yet.

In terms of actual ratios (because I just noticed that Nephthys is explicitly called a she), it's completely square.

PS The feminist thing is a mistranslation, the original Japanese text was calling him a womaniser. Not quite the same, SoA localisers. :/
Meliden
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius