Solicitations - STH 279 & SU 82

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Solicitations - STH 279 & SU 82

Postby Meliden » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Okay, so bird woman seems more of a possibility.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Kureejii Lea » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:50 pm

EvanStanley wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:I think Aleah went uncredited again.

Eh, I just don't exist, I guess.

Aw... don't say that, even if you're joking!

Aw, it's okay. I think once, a long time ago, I got credited for an Off Panel I had nothing to do with, so maybe this balances out. =P
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:05 pm

it says 279 has a Rafa Knight variant cover but uh... that sure doesn't look like CG. also it has the initials JH in the signature

edit - nevermind I see Dudestof corrected that in the OP, but in the link itself (which is where I had to go to see the variants) it didn't mention that anywhere
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:10 pm

FINALLY!

Sorry, I've just been dying to see these for days. Some interesting new information-I'm guessing those two bottom faces next to Werehog belong to members of the Shamar Freedom Fighters-or one of them may be Nephthys. I believe this puts the current tally of known Grandmasters Egg Bosses at an even score between male and female:

Mordred-Cassia
Axel-Thunderbolt
Tundra-Clove
Akhlut-Nephthys

I'm curious to see whether any old reality characters will be returning whether in Robotnik's cadre or amongst the new Freedom Fighters groups. That monster on the cover of SU 82 is a neat-looking addition as well-the Silver Age gets more exciting all the time.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:FINALLY!

Sorry, I've just been dying to see these for days. Some interesting new information-I'm guessing those two bottom faces next to Werehog belong to members of the Shamar Freedom Fighters-or one of them may be Nephthys.

Ian confirmed on the previous page that Nephthys isn't on the cover

man, normally I have a clear idea of which cover I want to get each month, but this month I really like all of the available ones. I'll probably go with the defaults for consistency (279 matches 278, and 82 was drawn by Evan just like the first issue of the arc), but I'd be just as fine if my shop only got the variants (whereas usually if they dont get the covers I want, I have to ask them to reorder it or find it online. they never got in the normal cover of SU 74 (the variant was a Sega one and obviously those are unacceptable) and so that's a gap in my collection, I'll probably order it next month when I have some extra money cos the shop hasnt been prioritizing it for months)
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby DudestofGuys » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:21 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I think Aleah went uncredited again.

I assumed as much, but I wanted to wait for a "yeah, they forgot again" before fixing it.

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:man, normally I have a clear idea of which cover I want to get each month, but this month I really like all of the available ones.

The last two variants for Silver Age are what variants should be: high quality art that doesn't fit your normal catch-all cover design. It's a shame they didn't bother to give all four issues sci-fi movie variants.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:31 pm

DudestofGuys wrote:
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:man, normally I have a clear idea of which cover I want to get each month, but this month I really like all of the available ones.

The last two variants for Silver Age are what variants should be: high quality art that doesn't fit your normal catch-all cover design. It's a shame they didn't bother to give all four issues sci-fi movie variants.

yeah, I definitely decided the BTTF variant for 81 is the one I'm gonna get that month
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Kevin160nitroncaron3 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:26 pm

Hey Thrash! Missed ya buddy! Glad...wait a minute [looks at the bottom left]...you're not Thrash at all. Must be a new character.

By the way, is that Tails or Thunderbolt on the top left?

And is Silver fighting Skeleton Gaia?

It does not appear we are ever getting Super Silver.
Kevin160nitroncaron3
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:47 am

Those new characters are looking pretty Radical. Looks like another four parter, but it also sounds somewhat interesting. Not much really to discuss there, since they didn't really talk about the plot aside from "there's a bad guy." Silver Universe looks good too. It'll be nice getting back to basics with this stuff.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:11 am

I just noticed... is the SU 82 cover supposed to be an Attack on Titan homage? giant monster looming over a wall, Silver seemingly turning giant to fight it, the subtitle written on it...
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:18 am

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I just noticed... is the SU 82 cover supposed to be an Attack on Titan homage? giant monster looming over a wall, Silver seemingly turning giant to fight it, the subtitle written on it...

Evan said Vincent had the idea for the Attack on Titan reference...so I would assume it was.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:18 pm

I dunno where that was said so I only have my own observations
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I dunno where that was said so I only have my own observations

Oh, right.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby jazzflower92 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:27 pm

I love there are more female villainesses in the post-reboot.
jazzflower92
BumbleFan

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Like the other covers so far, I've really been liking what I've seen (and heard) about Silver Age. And this is from a guy who still woops at Sonic for dragging the fern head across the ground in the old canon :P The story sound promising, the ideas and characters are unique and have fantastic design and it's got a Back to the Future variant. What more could you want?

As for STH, this sounds really good too. Really excited for Aleah's new story since Cassia and Clove just sort of grew on me and these new characters in the Shamar story look cool as well. Frankly 2015 is looking like a good year for the comics (minus my less then stellar opinions on Worlds Unite).
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius