Sonic's 25th Anniversary: First Details Released

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic's 25th Anniversary: First Details Released

Postby Arkus0 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:56 am

Another main series game in the same vein as Generations and/or Adventure Series, with a better story with plenty of character interactions and you can play as any of them once they are unlocked. Also a Crush 40 main theme.
Arkus0
BumbleCitizen

Postby GentlemanX » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:04 am

I'll admit I was very recently lamenting the loss of vocal themes. It was fine for Generations (though Sonic Youth could have easily been the theme), but I wish Lost World would have had one and hope that mainstream games have them in the future. Crush 40's my favorite but I just want vocal themes in general, the songs for 06, Secret Rings, Unleashed, and Colors were great (so was Black Knight, but that was Crush 40, so...)
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:32 am

Spinehog wrote:Generations 2 would be nice.

..With a story that has a touch of continuity like the first game, and a third play-style based on SA and 06. (Which i believe was supposed to be in the first game at some point in development.)

And a Cybernet Space Cube!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:21 am

Arkus0 wrote:Another main series game in the same vein as Generations and/or Adventure Series, with a better story with plenty of character interactions and you can play as any of them once they are unlocked. Also a Crush 40 main theme.

yeah that's exactly what I want, don't see it happening (at least not with all of the above features) but it'd be ideal

GentlemanX wrote:I'll admit I was very recently lamenting the loss of vocal themes. It was fine for Generations (though Sonic Youth could have easily been the theme), but I wish Lost World would have had one and hope that mainstream games have them in the future. Crush 40's my favorite but I just want vocal themes in general, the songs for 06, Secret Rings, Unleashed, and Colors were great (so was Black Knight, but that was Crush 40, so...)

I too have been thinking about that recently. there seems to be a direct correlation between lack of vocal themes and lack of interesting stories
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby PeléPelé06 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:19 am

I'd buy another Sonic game collection if it included the GBA games, for sure (though I wonder if this would make it Nintendo-exclusive).

I'm probably alone on this, but my perfect anniversary game would combine Heroes level design with Lost World gameplay, and a BUTTLOAD of playable characters.
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:18 am

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:
GentlemanX wrote:I'll admit I was very recently lamenting the loss of vocal themes. It was fine for Generations (though Sonic Youth could have easily been the theme), but I wish Lost World would have had one and hope that mainstream games have them in the future. Crush 40's my favorite but I just want vocal themes in general, the songs for 06, Secret Rings, Unleashed, and Colors were great (so was Black Knight, but that was Crush 40, so...)

I too have been thinking about that recently. there seems to be a direct correlation between lack of vocal themes and lack of interesting stories

Third!

I mean the last vocal tracks were in Colors and that was 2011. I think it's time for a new one.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:30 am

Colours was 2010 actually.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius