Sonic's 25th Anniversary: First Details Released

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic's 25th Anniversary: First Details Released

Postby GentlemanX » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:28 am

I was thinking of Sonic/Dragon Ball parallels this afternoon and thought Big's best equivalent was Yajirobe. It's not perfect but it works.

And this is all fun but off topic. Sorry, didn't mean to cause a shift.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby DabigRG » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 pm

A game that improves upon what Adventure, Generations, and/or Lost World established and features Tails, Knuckles, Blaze, Marine, etc. in roles that matter such as playable characters, detour assistants, or plot related events thats better than Generations or Lost World.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:37 am

I don't think a Sonic MEGA Mega Collection would be entirely impossible - after all, that's pretty much what Rare did when they made Rare Replay. Every single game they ever developed all in one neat little package (with the exception of any Donkey Kong games, alas).

As for me, I kind of yearn for a new Adventure style game too. I really want to see the extended cast back and playable. Also, re-releases of games I'm missing: Arcade, Chaotix, and Shuffle. I miss Shuffle. :cry:
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby OncleSam » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:03 am

Scruffy wrote:I don't think a Sonic MEGA Mega Collection would be entirely impossible - after all, that's pretty much what Rare did when they made Rare Replay. Every single game they ever developed all in one neat little package (with the exception of any Donkey Kong games, alas).

As for me, I kind of yearn for a new Adventure style game too. I really want to see the extended cast back and playable. Also, re-releases of games I'm missing: Arcade, Chaotix, and Shuffle. I miss Shuffle. :cry:

Yeah basically I would totally go for a Sonic Mega Collection. Well it would need another name since that one already exists but yeah what has been said in this thread. But I guess it would be impossible for them to re-emulate ALL the Sonic games in one " disc " or " pc download " . They only could go so far a getting the first 6 Mega Man games in the collection, and in Rare Replay, 9 games are actually emulated versions of the digital Xbox 360 versions readapted for " retro-compatibilty".

Spoiler: show
They could actually do this :
Games in " emulated format ", like Mega Man Collection or Rare Replay :
- Sonic 1
- Sonic 2
- Sonic 3
- Sonic & Knuckles
- Knuckles' Chaotix
- Sonic Spinball
Games in " Retro-Compatibility format ", like the ones from Rare Replay :
- Sonic Adventure DX
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Complete
(and let's be a bit dreamy)
- Sonic Heroes
- Sonic Shuffle
- Shadow The Hedgehog
- Sonic Riders

and why not put in the three Sonic Advance and Sonic Battle as " unlockables " !
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby Scruffy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:43 am

OncleSam wrote:Yeah basically I would totally go for a Sonic Mega Collection. Well it would need another name since that one already exists but yeah what has been said in this thread.

Scruffy wrote:I don't think a Sonic MEGA Mega Collection would be entirely impossible...

Problem solved. :)
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby The Walking Hedgehog » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:55 am

GentlemanX wrote:The only Sonic game I've cared about in the last nine years was Generations which will be five years old by the time anything happens for the 25th anniversary. Based on this it should go without saying that gameplay wise my interest is pretty much nonexistent regardless; it'd be cool if we got something like a SA3 or SG2 but I don't see either as that likely.

Honestly the best thing would be if Sega put some effort into crafting a game with a story that touched upon all the various parts of the games (Shadow, Chaotix, Silver, etc) while thematically showing off everything that makes Sonic Sonic. In other words, going for more legitimate sentiment than was seen in Colors and Lost World. I think that'd be the best way to "showcase the heritage" of the franchise.

The idea of a "Sega Generations" doesn't appeal to me as much. A year or two after Generations to serve as a pseudo sequel? Sure. As a celebration of a Sega anniversary? Sure. But not as a celebration for the Sonic brand. That makes no sense.

It'd be interesting if they have Boom acknowledge the anniversary, the Sonic X comic did an anniversary two parter during the 15th after all. I wonder what they would be allowed to do on the show, the comic was allowed to get pretty 4th wall-y with the references to other continuities begs the question how much freedom the TV staff have.

I don't really expect much out of the comics. Another Genesis style interruption strikes me as unlikely. Maybe that'll be the finale of the Unleashed adaptation? Though that feels more fitting for #300.

Maybe they should introduce another new hedgehog like they did with the 10th and 15th. Vegeta and Trunks have already shown up, it's about time for Broly expy right?

I was just thinking about this. Every anniversary game has introduced a new hedgehog. Sonic CD with Metal Sonic. SA2 with Shadow, Sonic '06 with Silver, and Sonic Generations with Classic Sonic. Maybe add a female hedgehog with water powers that could potentially act as a rival to Amy for Sonic's love?
The Walking Hedgehog
BumbleFan

Postby OncleSam » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:11 pm

The Walking Hedgehog wrote:
GentlemanX wrote:The only Sonic game I've cared about in the last nine years was Generations which will be five years old by the time anything happens for the 25th anniversary. Based on this it should go without saying that gameplay wise my interest is pretty much nonexistent regardless; it'd be cool if we got something like a SA3 or SG2 but I don't see either as that likely.

Honestly the best thing would be if Sega put some effort into crafting a game with a story that touched upon all the various parts of the games (Shadow, Chaotix, Silver, etc) while thematically showing off everything that makes Sonic Sonic. In other words, going for more legitimate sentiment than was seen in Colors and Lost World. I think that'd be the best way to "showcase the heritage" of the franchise.

The idea of a "Sega Generations" doesn't appeal to me as much. A year or two after Generations to serve as a pseudo sequel? Sure. As a celebration of a Sega anniversary? Sure. But not as a celebration for the Sonic brand. That makes no sense.

It'd be interesting if they have Boom acknowledge the anniversary, the Sonic X comic did an anniversary two parter during the 15th after all. I wonder what they would be allowed to do on the show, the comic was allowed to get pretty 4th wall-y with the references to other continuities begs the question how much freedom the TV staff have.

I don't really expect much out of the comics. Another Genesis style interruption strikes me as unlikely. Maybe that'll be the finale of the Unleashed adaptation? Though that feels more fitting for #300.

Maybe they should introduce another new hedgehog like they did with the 10th and 15th. Vegeta and Trunks have already shown up, it's about time for Broly expy right?

I was just thinking about this. Every anniversary game has introduced a new hedgehog. Sonic CD with Metal Sonic. SA2 with Shadow, Sonic '06 with Silver, and Sonic Generations with Classic Sonic. Maybe add a female hedgehog with water powers that could potentially act as a rival to Amy for Sonic's love?

Please no. No new characters. No new hedgehog. Just a new story.
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:44 pm

The Walking Hedgehog wrote:Sonic Generations with Classic Sonic.

This may be stretching the definition of introduction just a little bit.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Daisetsu » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:03 pm

The Walking Hedgehog wrote:I was just thinking about this. Every anniversary game has introduced a new hedgehog. Sonic CD with Metal Sonic. SA2 with Shadow, Sonic '06 with Silver, and Sonic Generations with Classic Sonic.

Sonic CD isn't an anniversary game and Classic Sonic isn't a new character. But, you are right that each anniversary game has introduced a new character or two (not just hedgehogs). Knuckles' Chaotix introduced Espio, Charmy, Bomb and Heavy and reintroduced Vector and Mighty; Generations had the Time Eater.
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

Postby Mordum » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:47 pm

The Time Eater isn't any different from any other big apocalyptic end bosses, though.

It seems like reaching more than anything else. New characters are just introduced whenever, the fact that some get introduced during an anniversary doesn't constitute a pattern.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Practically every game in the series has introduced new characters, that's not saying much of anything.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Mordum wrote:The Time Eater isn't any different from any other big apocalyptic end bosses, though.

It seems like reaching more than anything else. New characters are just introduced whenever, the fact that some get introduced during an anniversary doesn't constitute a pattern.

Unless a Hedgehog was introduced in a non-anniversary game, there is a bit of a pattern
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby The Jazzyman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:02 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I have a need for a Turtles Forever Esq Multimedia Crossover between Sonic Games, Comics and Cartoons that I know will never ever EVER happen.

Still this is what I want and I want a big crazy crossover. :(hearty laughter):

YES. PLEASE!

Okay, to be serious now, this would be a good idea. How would they pull off all the different characters though? A party game style fighting game like smash bros?
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Postby Spinehog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:17 am

Generations 2 would be nice.

..With a story that has a touch of continuity like the first game, and a third play-style based on SA and 06. (Which i believe was supposed to be in the first game at some point in development.)
Spinehog
BumbleNoble

Postby SimonSays » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:35 am

The Jazzyman wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:I have a need for a Turtles Forever Esq Multimedia Crossover between Sonic Games, Comics and Cartoons that I know will never ever EVER happen.

Still this is what I want and I want a big crazy crossover. :(hearty laughter):

YES. PLEASE!

Okay, to be serious now, this would be a good idea. How would they pull off all the different characters though? A party game style fighting game like smash bros?

HA and I thought the "slight variations of blue" Sonics in Smash were hard to keep track of. Here we'd have Tall Blue Sonic, Short Blue Sonic, Blue Mohawk Sonic, Stumpy Blue Sonic, Other Stumpy Blue Sonic Wearing a Necklace, Tall Blue Sonic With More Feelings, Short Blue Sonic Who Looks Angry All The Time, Spiky Blue Sonic With Blob Hands, Cel Shaded Tall Blue Sonic, Skinny Blue Sonic Wearing Bandages, Fat Blue Sonic Wearing Glasses, and finally, Black and White Sonic Drawn by A Five Year Old.

Dibs on Sonic.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius