Sonic's 25th Anniversary: First Details Released

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic's 25th Anniversary: First Details Released

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I'm pretty certain something that hefty wouldn't fit on a disc.

It could actually. A Gamecube disc has a maximum capacity of 1.5 GB with every console before being less than that. A Wii U disc can hold up to 25 GB. You could potentially include 16 Gamecube games on one Wii U disc or the five Sonic games that had been released on Gamecube and a bunch of other stuff from older consoles.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby GentlemanX » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:36 am

Or to put it another way: SA:DX, SA2B, Heroes, ShTH, Riders, Mega Collection, and Gems Collection.

From that list, that would leave the Japanese soundtrack of CD (as well as any additional space for the Taxman versions), SegaSonic, Knuckles' Chaotix, the Saturn version of 3D Blast, Pocket Adventure, Shuffle, the Advance trilogy, Battle, and Pinball Party.

Though if we were including everything we might also see about Sonic Eraser, Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car, SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter, Wacky Worlds Creativity Studio, Tails and the Music Maker, Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld, Sonic's Schoolhouse, and Sega Superstars, and out of sake of completion the PC soundtrack for Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Jam for Sonic World would be cool too.

Another fun anniversary idea? Official release of X-treme. As either a retro styled title or remade from scratch. It'd be a nice gesture to fans.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Mordum » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:09 am

GentlemanX wrote:Maybe they should introduce another new hedgehog like they did with the 10th and 15th. Vegeta and Trunks have already shown up, it's about time for Broly expy right?

I will sacrifice a goat to every single dark god if it means Nazo finally becomes a real thing.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Jazzy76 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:37 am

I'd love it if SEGA could port games like SA1, SA2 & Heroes onto handhelds like the 3ds, or if they threw together some kind of anniversary compilation featuring Sonic 1, SA1, Sonic generations and... Sonic 06? I dunno, something like that.
Jazzy76
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:10 am

Mordum wrote:
GentlemanX wrote:Maybe they should introduce another new hedgehog like they did with the 10th and 15th. Vegeta and Trunks have already shown up, it's about time for Broly expy right?

I will sacrifice a goat to every single dark god if it means Nazo finally becomes a real thing.

Play any game with Super Sonic in it and you get Nazo, because that's basically what he was in the actual concepts (sort of a concept design before they went with a different version. He seemed to be lacking any colour in the fur and eyes, so they probably hadn't been added yet).
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:07 am

I very specifically mean the stupid YouTube Nazo from that one video that was just DBZ with hedgehogs.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Tsurugi » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:20 am

Nazo Unleashed, I assume? That'd be interesting to see.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:28 am

Mordum wrote:I very specifically mean the stupid YouTube Nazo from that one video that was just DBZ with hedgehogs.

I very much doubt we'll ever be getting that in any official media.

And I wouldn't call that the Broly of Sonic either. They don't have anything alike.

I'd rather see a Beerus Sanic than a Broly Sanic.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:03 pm

One thing I'd like would be Taxman & Stealth versions of Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, CD, and Knuckles' Chaotix on a disc for all major consoles and handhelds.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Meliden » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:07 pm

They've pretty much confirmed that a Stealthtax version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles itself is a dead duck, let alone anything more elaborate.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby jawsisra » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:36 pm

What I would love to see them make is a Sonic Ultimate Collection that contains all Games and if the games can be just downloaded on the system they release it for just give a code to download the games.

This would allow some one to finally have all of the Sonic Games. It would required some games to be remade to work on some of the newer systems.
jawsisra
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Meliden wrote:They've pretty much confirmed that a Stealthtax version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles itself is a dead duck, let alone anything more elaborate.

Can always hope they're bluffing/keeping things on the down low for a surprise...

That said, I'd gladly take everything else, or even just a 3-in-1 of what they already did do.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mordum » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:33 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:
Mordum wrote:I very specifically mean the stupid YouTube Nazo from that one video that was just DBZ with hedgehogs.

I very much doubt we'll ever be getting that in any official media.

And I wouldn't call that the Broly of Sonic either. They don't have anything alike.

I'd rather see a Beerus Sanic than a Broly Sanic.

He's about as close we'd get, though, in the sense that he's just a straight up DBZ villain.

(If we're talking DBZ villains worth Sanicing though, we need a Fat Buu Sanic. Beerus is great though.)
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Striker » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:51 pm

jawsisra wrote:What I would love to see them make is a Sonic Ultimate Collection that contains all Games and if the games can be just downloaded on the system they release it for just give a code to download the games.

This would allow some one to finally have all of the Sonic Games. It would required some games to be remade to work on some of the newer systems.

So basically what EA did for the Command and Conquer series where it has all the main games in the franchise(plus expansions).

I could see that working but it'd probably go for far more than normal pricing for a video game.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:58 am

Mordum wrote:He's about as close we'd get, though, in the sense that he's just a straight up DBZ villain.

(If we're talking DBZ villains worth Sanicing though, we need a Fat Buu Sanic. Beerus is great though.)

Nazo is the Shadow Dragon of Sonic. There we go. That's the parallel there.

And we kinda sorta already have a Fat Buu in the form of Big though that may be stretching it a bit. Turning people into candy is something too specific to pull from anyway.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius