Chicks Dig Blue Hedgehogs

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Chicks Dig Blue Hedgehogs

Postby Meliden » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:00 pm

*Finishes writing up a piece on how Sticks' use in the gathering of heroes in WU seems to be a way of compensating for the fact Sonic Boom has otherwise very little representation, even though at first glance it seems a bit illogical* Majority is the right word there. And I know at least a couple of other adult female analysts, one of which is pretty well known for it.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mikail » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Meliden wrote:*Finishes writing up a piece on how Sticks' use in the gathering of heroes in WU seems to be a way of compensating for the fact Sonic Boom has otherwise very little representation, even though at first glance it seems a bit illogical* Majority is the right word there. And I know at least a couple of other adult female analysts, one of which is pretty well known for it.

Oh of course. I didn't mean to imply that there were NO female analysts in the franchise. I do subscribe to a few on youtube.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Azul » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:23 pm

apprentice manta wrote:How do I say this? I think the topic title is kinda rude/dismissive, labeling all female fans of Sonic as chicks who dig hedgehogs.

Not even remotely close. Its a humorous nod to the intro of an old cartoon called Megas XLR and an eye grabber. Nothing more, nothing less.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby apprentice manta » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Sorry I didn't get the joke. ^^; Never saw Megas XLR, but it does like interesting. The big guy Coop is some sort of mechanics expert & driver? If he's got a personality anything like Hoagie Gilligan of KND (making jokes, explaining the tech aspects, cheering on his buds), he'd be a chara I'd want to watch.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby Azul » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:26 pm

apprentice manta wrote:Sorry I didn't get the joke. ^^; Never saw Megas XLR, but it does like interesting. The big guy Coop is some sort of mechanics expert & driver? If he's got a personality anything like Hoagie Gilligan of KND (making jokes, explaining the tech aspects, cheering on his buds), he'd be a chara I'd want to watch.

Eh, well, he likes working on his car and spouting lame pre-mortem one liners if that counts for anything. But he's one jolly ton of fun nonetheless.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Polish Pete » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:15 am

Azul wrote:
apprentice manta wrote:Sorry I didn't get the joke. ^^; Never saw Megas XLR, but it does like interesting. The big guy Coop is some sort of mechanics expert & driver? If he's got a personality anything like Hoagie Gilligan of KND (making jokes, explaining the tech aspects, cheering on his buds), he'd be a chara I'd want to watch.

Eh, well, he likes working on his car and spouting lame pre-mortem one liners if that counts for anything. But he's one jolly ton of fun nonetheless.

Let me give you a sample. Or two. Or three.
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:11 am

I loved Megas XLR. A couple of my personal favorites were the one where Bruce Campbell played a MODOK parody ("He's a giant head with tiny arms and legs") and the Tokusatsu/Power Rangers/Sentai parody ("Pfft you said Zorp.") for some reason those two always come to my mind instantly.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:49 am

Eh, I use to like Megas as a kid. Lately I decided to rewatch it and man, it was lame. I really don't get what happened, I'm usually "nostalgia aware".
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:58 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I loved Megas XLR. A couple of my personal favorites were the one where Bruce Campbell played a MODOK parody ("He's a giant head with tiny arms and legs") and the Tokusatsu/Power Rangers/Sentai parody ("Pfft you said Zorp.") for some reason those two always come to my mind instantly.

I like the Captain Harlock parody even though he had nothing to do with Harlock's personality
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 pm

Coop using Megas to crush the DMV should be the basis of a religious movement.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Polish Pete » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:40 pm

Mordum wrote:Coop using Megas to crush the DMV should be the basis of a religious movement.

And if that isn't enough... here.
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mordum » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:44 pm

Oh man, I completely forgot about that.

George Krstic is the best. I'm still sad we never got his Speed Racer reboot.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:21 pm

GameBuddy wrote:
Azul wrote:Sonic… isn't as laughable.

(hearty laughter), honestly though, I see a lot of similarities between the two fanbases XP And to be frank, BOTH fandoms can be pretty laughable sometimes XDD

That being said, I don't usually pay much attention to these surveys much, but I WILL say, just going off of what I've seen after drawing Sonic art and hanging out with Sonic artists on DA for 4+ years, MOST of the fans I've encountered there, and the few I've run into irl have been girls. I dunno what that says about the fanbase, but it does give the impression that it's mostly the girls who make much of the fan art X3 *shot*

(Yes, I know I'm generalizing, just my own experiences ;P)
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby HavocAngel » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:31 am

Ah yes, sonic was my first cartoon love...

Now half the time I want to slap him in the face.

It always made me mad when other kids would tell me sonic was for boys. I always viewed it as a more gender-neutral franchise. Be that their target audience or not, I think girls end up getting into it at about the same rate as the boys do. Honestly, I think interviewing an older audience might speak more than interviewing the target audience. It could mean more girls picked up the games than boys during the classic/adventure era, or something like that.

Or it could mean that somehow the franchise is appealing to adults/teens (especially women, apparently) because they joined the fandom later in their lives. I would say it warranted further research, if the matter was worth researching. To Sega, maybe it should be, but other than that it'd be a waste of money.

(hearty laughter), honestly though, I see a lot of similarities between the two fanbases XP And to be frank, BOTH fandoms can be pretty laughable sometimes XDD

This.
HavocAngel
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mikail » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:06 am

Let's just hope SEGA doesn't view this information and pull a Young Justice on us.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius