General Sonic Q&A

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

General Sonic Q&A

Postby diamonddeath » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:40 am

I didn't see a thread for general Sonic questions so I figured I'd make one since I had some questions of my own.

1. Is there any special difference between the Master Emerald and the Chaos Emeralds? It seems that Eggman gave up on trying to take the Master Emerald despite occasionally attempting to obtain the Chaos Emeralds. I would wonder if it would be harder to steal, but it no longer seems to be in the Hidden Palace Zone and instead on Shrine Isle, not to mention Knuckles leaves the island quite often to join in adventures. Eggman can easily steal the Master Emerald. He isn't the type to give up easily, so is there really nothing interesting about the Master Emerald anymore? Additionally, was there a reason for this location change?

2. Are the names for the animals like Ricky, Rocky, Pocky, etc the actual names of specific animals or of the respective animals' species. There are multiple of each it seems. I'm not sure about the canon of Sonic Runners, but the characters seem to cover a lot of ground and constantly come across the same animals, unless I'm missing something.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Re: General Sonic Q&A

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:05 am

Umm, what about this?

But two answer your question
1 There are countless theories, but there is not official answer. Heck, we don't even know what is connection between Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds (except the fact that ME can neutralize their power)

2 Again, no official answers. But there are two options.
2.1-Those are names of specific animals. They species are called "rabbit" or "penguin" and stuff.
2.2-Of course you can argue whenever Pocky is real rabbit or are there 3 types of rabbit: Mobian (like Cream), Mobini/Animal Buddy (like Pocky) and real live animal (we know there are realistic whales or Dogs, why not rabbits). Then you can assume that "Pocky" is a name of a species, and maaaybe there is one specific called "Johnny Lightfoot".
Sonic 3D Blast kinda proves second theory more plausible, since Flicky is a name of a specie.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Return to This Side of Mobius