Cream's Presence Needs to Start Mattering

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Cream's Role in the FF and the Comic as a Whole

Postby apprentice manta » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Mordum wrote:Also she's six years old.

You'd think that would be a deterrent but it's the internet, so somebody's always shipping somebody out there. Lines get blurred in so many fandoms, google search has made me wonder if the top hits were promoted by Robin Thicke. Awkward...

Not to say little kids can't have crushes (I liked Will Smith & Kenan Thompson before I was 10. But at the same time, I knew celeb crushes on 'teen superstars' are no more likely to pan out than dreams of secretly inheriting a magic kingdom where animals sang & I created a ballet/break-dance fusion everyone loved instead of being a rhythm-less klutz.)

So I'm okay if Cream ever wanted to have a pretend wedding w/ a stuffed toy or had a crush that didn't go beyond crayon heart drawings or a tea cake handed to her favorite boy or girl. I could picture teen Cream wondering if Amy, Honey, Tails, or Blaze might like-like her. But that's not really a story the comics or games would explore, more a fanfic idea.

Bokkun in Sonic X had a crush on Cream but a) he was a robot, b) I'm not sure Cream ever picked up the hints, c) Bokkun remains Sonic X exclusive as far as I know so the comics aren't likely to revise that continuity.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby Mordum » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Cutesy little crushes are fine. But "shipping" has a certain connotation.

I was big into Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (and still kind of am) and one of the weirdest, grossest things was seeing a "ship" between a 15 year old and 5 year old and nobody seemed to think this was weird.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Village » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Mordum wrote:Cutesy little crushes are fine. But "shipping" has a certain connotation.

I was big into Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (and still kind of am) and one of the weirdest, grossest things was seeing a "ship" between a 15 year old and 5 year old and nobody seemed to think this was weird.

That the was a weird abrupt ending/cancellation thing
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mordum » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:12 am

A bit of a bummer, yeah, but that series was structured in a way where ANY of the arcs is a perfectly logical ending point, so it's not too big a loss (plus I can just read the unadapted arcs if I want).

I still want a filler arc adapted from Fate of Heat 3.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius