Interview with New Sonic editor Vincent Lovallo

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Interview with New Sonic editor Vincent Lovallo

Postby The Jazzyman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Sam Z.G. wrote:A capcom all-stars book featuring several short stories of lesser famous ip's could be nice. I know it's out or reach but a Splatoon comic would roll so hard with Archie.

I'm not to big on Splatoon, but I really like that 'capcom all stars' book idea. Although, I would prefer it if they had all their large IPs having individual story arcs Sonic Universe style. eg. Street Fighter, Skies of Arcadia.

I still want Megaman to have his own book though :(
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Postby Mordum » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:34 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I've never played Shante but as far I know the most provocative things in them is Bellydancing and some Boob jokes. Risqué sure but hardly non-kid friendly.

Yeah, based on what people are saying, it sounds pretty tame. Would probably get some bad press though, since I'm sure there'd be endless internet yammering about whether or not it's empowering or exploitative.

I guess I wouldn't mind a Capcom All-Stars kind of thing, but a Viewtiful Joe book's always been the dream. Barring that, though, I'd honestly be down with any property that manifested the same kind of tone as Megaman: cutesy cartoons feeling deep existential sadness.

I always thought Kirby would be good for that sort of thing.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:30 am

Mordum wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:I've never played Shante but as far I know the most provocative things in them is Bellydancing and some Boob jokes. Risqué sure but hardly non-kid friendly.

Yeah, based on what people are saying, it sounds pretty tame. Would probably get some bad press though, since I'm sure there'd be endless internet yammering about whether or not it's empowering or exploitative.

From my experience, the internet's "morality police' or whatever you'd like to call them (SJWs), only seem to care about AAA releases, which is why you see a million posts a day about Bayonetta, but only one every so often about Mighty Switch Force
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Mordum wrote:

From my experience, the internet's "morality police' or whatever you'd like to call them (SJWs), only seem to care about AAA releases, which is why you see a million posts a day about Bayonetta, but only one every so often about Mighty Switch Force

Right but some of us also know about things that aren't video games and our political frame of reference goes beyond "SJWs" and "the chans." Comics can get some pretty heavy scrutiny and Archie tends to be in the news's crossfires more than a little frequently, and since sites like Comic Book Resources and ComicsAlliance (a site whose praise is regularly quoted on Megaman's comics) generally praise the Archie Action line. Shantae would be a mainstream title specifically in a brand known for being a bit more family friendly than general Marvel or DC fair, so it probably would get a bit of scrutiny.

Whether that scrutiny or debate would be deserved or not, however, is another conversation entirely. One I couldn't see beneficial having with you.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius