Where are Sonic Boom stories going to appear?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Where are Sonic Boom stories going to appear?

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:33 pm

So I keep hearing that after the cancellation of Sonic Boom, we will be seeing Sonic Boom stories elsewhere in Archie's published works. Any indication of where that will be?

I certainly hope its not in the pages of Sonic the Hedgehog or Sonic Universe. I really don't want a repeat of the "Green Knuckles" Saga eating up all of Sonic's pagespace.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Re: Where are Sonic Boom stories going to appear?

Postby FritzyBeat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:40 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:So I keep hearing that after the cancellation of Sonic Boom, we will be seeing Sonic Boom stories elsewhere in Archie's published works. Any indication of where that will be?

I certainly hope its not in the pages of Sonic the Hedgehog or Sonic Universe. I really don't want a repeat of the "Green Knuckles" Saga eating up all of Sonic's pagespace.

At least Green Knuckles led to the "Return to Angel Island" and "Enerjak: Reborn" arcs ;3

As for Boom, I guess they could always put new stories in stuff like the Super Special Magazines if they are still going, or the digests as more incentive for readers to pick them up. Aside from that, they could also have those occasional short second stories in the main comic whenever a new game comes out, Like they always use to do~
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Zulon Eredas » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:53 pm

I'd prefer to see those stories released as a graphic novel twice a year myself.
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:18 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it DIDN'T return in any form (then again, Sega keeps making Boom games for some reason), but if it will, then it probably be irreguarly take back-ups or Universes.
I somehow doubt that we will get Boom Special (although that would be best option)
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Occasional Universe stand alones when marketing finds it convenient, maybe.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby BlackHawkOmega » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:22 pm

They're gonna be in the Digests & Super Specials
BlackHawkOmega
BumbleNoble

Postby The Walking Hedgehog » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:44 pm

I'd like to see at least one SU arc dedicated to the Boom universe.
The Walking Hedgehog
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:53 pm

The Walking Hedgehog wrote:I'd like to see at least one SU arc dedicated to the Boom universe.

We need to see at least one good adventure arc from Boom, I mean the Looney Toon stuff matches the TV series, But the games have a adventure tone So I feel Boom should have a game like adventure story one in a while.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby The Walking Hedgehog » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:54 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
The Walking Hedgehog wrote:I'd like to see at least one SU arc dedicated to the Boom universe.

We need to see at least one good adventure arc from Boom, I mean the Looney Toon stuff matches the TV series, But the games have a adventure tone So I feel Boom should have an adventure story one in a while.

Same. Have Lyric return or create a new villain to make it interesting.
The Walking Hedgehog
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 pm

The Walking Hedgehog wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:

We need to see at least one good adventure arc from Boom, I mean the Looney Toon stuff matches the TV series, But the games have a adventure tone So I feel Boom should have an adventure story one in a while.

I know Ian said Lyric couldn't be used in the crossover, Unsure if he's off limits completely.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:15 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
The Walking Hedgehog wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:

I know Ian said Lyric couldn't be used in the crossover, Unsure if he's off limits completely.

I was under the impression that anything from the games that isn't in the cartoon is unuseable due to the games flopping, but I could be wrong.

I half wonder if Archie isn't planning on a series that's going to feature adventures from multiple video game titles, possibly including those featured in Worlds Unite, and if Boom won't just be shoved under that banner.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:
I half wonder if Archie isn't planning on a series that's going to feature adventures from multiple video game titles, possibly including those featured in Worlds Unite, and if Boom won't just be shoved under that banner.

I would love to see an anthology book, Something that has like three stories going on in one book, Things that couldn't hold a series on it's own. I have stated that that the Mega Man franchise could share the same book at least Classic and X could be in the same book. Just add pages and split the book with one half Classic and one half X.

I have seen people suggest a series of miniseries that feature different games in a manner similar to Sonic Universe's arcs
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:15 am

I'm pretty sure they've talked about how more of the show writers had stories for the comic written so those will probably be the ones done in the Magazine and Digests.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Return to This Side of Mobius