Aaron Weber confirms Izuka's "Two Worlds"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Aaron Weber confirms Izuka's "Two Worlds"

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Daisetsu wrote:Remember that he wasn't meaning to be taken seriously. He was pretty much saying "who really cares?" Besides which, that explanation does work, even if you don't like it.

Who in their right mind would accept such a retarded explanation? That's not how planetary rotation works. I'd much rather admit that the designers don't give any sort of crap about continuity.

Daisetsu wrote:Then don't say it at all. You should know better than this. The man's not an idiot; you just don't agree with his vision of the franchise.

Not many people do considering his vision is to make games like Shadow 05, a game he was director and lead game designer on. And considering how many times the games have shifted gameplay focus, I don't even think he HAS a vision. There's a reason he's only Producer now.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mikail » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:14 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:
Daisetsu wrote:Then don't say it at all. You should know better than this. The man's not an idiot; you just don't agree with his vision of the franchise.

Not many people do considering his vision is to make games like Shadow 05, a game he was director and lead game designer on. And considering how many times the games have shifted gameplay focus, I don't even think he HAS a vision. There's a reason he's only Producer now.

Are you suggesting that Izuka is to Sonic as George Lucas is to Star Wars?
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Mordum » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:17 pm

How does that comparison even work?
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Mikail wrote:Are you suggesting that Izuka is to Sonic as George Lucas is to Star Wars?

No, that would be Yuji Naka. Iizuka is more like what Michael Bay is to Transformers.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mordum » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 pm

That one is not much better.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Daisetsu » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:02 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:Who in their right mind would accept such a retarded explanation? That's not how planetary rotation works. I'd much rather admit that the designers don't give any sort of crap about continuity.

I would accept this argument in regards to a franchise that doesn't follow the laws of real life physics. Seriously, the games have a hedgehog that can breathe in space yet drown in a foot of water (speaking of which, Sonic has no buoyancy, contrary to real hedgehogs) and a fox that spins its two tails like a helicopter.

A "retarded" explanation like that works in the games. Also, it's pretty clear that the developers quit caring about continuity when they hired two writers that didn't know a single thing about the games.
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Daisetsu wrote:A "retarded" explanation like that works in the games.

No, it really doesn't. The justification of "it's a cartoon world, who cares" is nothing but a cop-out and an excuse to both not think and hide the fact that you can't write. Suspension of disbelief works when it's for the sake of fun and/or humor (Tails can fly because it's fun to fly, Sonic is fast because it's fun to run fast) but not retconning established plot elements. This is something they teach you in creative writing courses in college. Ian for example would never do something like that in the comics. Or at least I hope he wouldn't.

It's not even a big deal to me, I'm just saying that Sonic Team really just does not care. Like, at all. So acting like their not caring is some sort of artistic decision is insane.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mordum » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:58 pm

Not caring about the logistics of a cartoon world is, in of itself, an artistic decision. It's not letting the realistic logistics of a story that's already far removed from reality get in the way of telling the story you want to tell.

It's a pretty reasonable decision to make, as well.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Gonzo » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:04 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:Who in their right mind would accept such a retarded explanation?

i can think of, like, 5 billion less offensive/lazy ways to convey how nonsensical this "two worlds" thing is
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:39 am

Gonzo wrote:
BlazeHeatnix wrote:Who in their right mind would accept such a retarded explanation?

i can think of, like, 5 billion less offensive/lazy ways to convey how nonsensical this "two worlds" thing is

If you'd had bothered to read past this page, you'd know I wasn't talking about the two worlds thing.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:57 am

that's beside the point of you using a highly inappropriate word for a situation that isn't actually all that serious to deserve such language
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:25 am

Okay, everyone, drop it.

BlazeHeatnix: Consider this an informal warning against using such terms on these forums; for the moment, I'll just consider it a slip of the tongue.

Now, back on track.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius