Aaron Weber confirms Izuka's "Two Worlds"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Aaron Weber confirms Izuka's "Two Worlds"

Postby Mordum » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:05 am

Azul wrote:
Mordum wrote:(or more accurately, don't care)

Oh. In that case, I'll just end the conversation right here. I have not intention of entertaining this any further if my thoughts aren't worth the consideration. Good day.

Try again.

Actual Context of That Sentence wrote:You perceive this problem (the shoddy localization of the cartoon), which is a valid opinion to hold even if I don't agree (or more accurately, don't care)

I don't agree with/care about the perceived lack of quality of Sonic X's dub, i.e. the problem. I DO care about the logic that goes into making that assessment, which is what the majority of my post tackles.

If I'm calling your opinion on it valid, it stands to at least a little reason that if I'm dismissing something right after, it's probably not your validity or right to that opinion. How can I call your opinion valid if it's not worth consideration?

I was giving you props and fair due and you still had to storm off. I mean, granted, your logic legitimately makes ZERO sense, but it's not like you're not entitled to disliking 4Kids's dubbing policies if that's how you roll. I just think your logic building up to that is a wacky funhouse mirror.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Azul » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Mordum wrote:Try again.

I'd rather not anyway given that we've already deviated enough away from the main topic. I'd be glad to do it via PM if you're interested.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby diamonddeath » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:30 am

This whole two worlds thing really doesn't make sense. There are too many plot holes. How did Angel Island fall near the Mystic Ruins in Sonic Adventure if they were two different worlds? If Project Shadow was made in the "Human World", then why was Shadow designed like the depicted Super Sonic on the mural in Hidden Palace Zone? Can people freely travel between these worlds like it's no big deal?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Pengi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:14 am

diamonddeath wrote:If Project Shadow was made in the "Human World", then why was Shadow designed like the depicted Super Sonic on the mural in Hidden Palace Zone?

That was just a fan theory. Nothing in game ever pointed towards such a connection.
Pengi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Daisetsu » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:23 am

I wanna say that Battle hinted to it, but I haven't played that game in nearly a decade, so I'm not sure.
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:40 pm

I could see Gerald being inspired by it, mostly cause there is no other real explanation that I can think of for Shadow being modeled after Sonic, and yet being created 35 years before Sonic was even born.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Azul » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Daisetsu wrote:I wanna say that Battle hinted to it, but I haven't played that game in nearly a decade, so I'm not sure.

Nope.

FritzyBeat wrote:I could see Gerald being inspired by it, mostly cause there is no other real explanation that I can think of for Shadow being modeled after Sonic, and yet being created 35 years before Sonic was even born.

I like to ponder that Gerald sampled DNA from a hedgehog, coincidentally, of Sonic's lineage.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby FritzyBeat » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Azul wrote:I like to ponder that Gerald sampled DNA from a hedgehog, coincidentally, of Sonic's lineage.

It's likely he had to sample DNA from a hedgehog no matter what, but something must have still led him to use hedgehog DNA in the first place.

And if he DIDN'T use Hedgehog DNA, and just modeled Shadow after a hedgehog, he again would need some reason to do so =P

It COULD boil down to just "Maria likes hedgehogs", but I imagine there must have been SOMETHING special about Hedgehogs that would lead him to choose them as the creature to model Shadow after... especially considering the fact that a hedgehog wasn't Gerald's first choice, since he started with the Bio-Lizard as the prototype for Project Shadow.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Azul » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:04 pm

FritzyBeat wrote:
Azul wrote:I like to ponder that Gerald sampled DNA from a hedgehog, coincidentally, of Sonic's lineage.

It's likely he had to sample DNA from a hedgehog no matter what, but something must have still led him to use hedgehog DNA in the first place.

And if he DIDN'T use Hedgehog DNA, and just modeled Shadow after a hedgehog, he again would need some reason to do so =P

It COULD boil down to just "Maria likes hedgehogs", but I imagine there must have been SOMETHING special about Hedgehogs that would lead him to choose them as the creature to model Shadow after... especially considering the fact that a hedgehog wasn't Gerald's first choice, since he started with the Bio-Lizard as the prototype for Project Shadow.

Well, I say Sonic because it sort of explains why he looks like his recolor.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Azul wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:

Well, I say Sonic because it sort of explains why he looks like his recolor.

Yeah, I'm just trying to ponder the legit reason WHY Shadow looks like he does ;P You know, without getting all meta and talking about the creators and marketing *shot*
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:55 pm

diamonddeath wrote:There are too many plot holes. How did Angel Island fall near the Mystic Ruins in Sonic Adventure if they were two different worlds?

It fell through one of the plot holes.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby FritzyBeat » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:00 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:There are too many plot holes. How did Angel Island fall near the Mystic Ruins in Sonic Adventure if they were two different worlds?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

This is brilliant. You are brilliant. Here, have a brilliant.
*throws a brilliant*
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby HavocAngel » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

You win.
HavocAngel
BumbleNewbie

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:14 pm

It's not that far-fetched. It's generally accepted that Metal Gear 1 & 2 never happened in the way they're depicted in the games, because in Metal Gear Solid the summaries of those games have several differences. So perhaps it works the same way for Sonic Adventure. The events of Sonic 1-4 loosely happened according to the new continuity, but in the old one we have "Mobius" full of animals and stuff, the fat man's name is Robotnik, and Sonic has black eyes.

Don't take Iizuka too seriously though. Remember, this is the man that said the moon is whole in Shadow 05 because you see the side that didn't get blown up. I hate to say it like this, but he's an idiot.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Daisetsu » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:46 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:Remember, this is the man that said the moon is whole in Shadow 05 because you see the side that didn't get blown up.

Remember that he wasn't meaning to be taken seriously. He was pretty much saying "who really cares?" Besides which, that explanation does work, even if you don't like it.

BlazeHeatnix wrote:I hate to say it like this, but he's an idiot.

Then don't say it at all. You should know better than this. The man's not an idiot; you just don't agree with his vision of the franchise.

EDIT: Hrm... figures this is my 1000th post...
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius