You Think You Know Comics Sonic the Hedgehog

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

You Think You Know Comics Sonic the Hedgehog

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 am

ComicsAlliance "You Think You Know Comics" series takes a look at Sonic.

Some of these facts are a bit...dubious but it was still a pretty fun watch.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Re: You Think You Know Comics Sonic the Hedgehog

Postby Meliden » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:43 am

The game origin facts: Ah, they got that bit sound. At least it hasn't stumbled right out of the gate.

-Was StC bi-weekly? I thought it was just weekly.
-I think the use of canon here is just a bit wonky. It's all about the comic canon so it's correct in saying that's canonical comic Sonic (now, because the StC comic was canon, just not to the Archie canon or other canon), but it might lead people to think it refers to outright canonical Sonic aka the game one, which doesn't have Archie as canon either.
-The use of that image for the lawsuit is apropos. And funny.

....Huh, that's all I can snipe out for it? Then I guess it's a pretty solid little trivia video.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Illustrious Q » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:58 am

Meliden wrote:Was StC bi-weekly? I thought it was just weekly.

Meliden I'm shocked you don't know what the meaning of fortnight is. Or that the series lasted 223 issues over the course of 9 years, which if the series were published on a weekly basis would have amounted to at most 468 issues for the main series.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby FritzyBeat » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:
Meliden wrote:Was StC bi-weekly? I thought it was just weekly.

Meliden I'm shocked you don't know what the meaning of fortnight is. Or that the series lasted 223 issues over the course of 9 years, which if the series were published on a weekly basis would have amounted to at most 468 issues for the main series.

As a reader, I would have loved that.
As an artist or writer, I would have likely set much of the Fleetway building ablaze after a few weeks.
*shot*
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Had to stop the video when they started talking about the fanbase while showing bad fanart on screen. We don't need this.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:16 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:Had to stop the video when they started talking about the fanbase while showing bad fanart on screen. We don't need this.

One time I played the Sonic fanart game and found out Penders used my name before any crappy fanartist.

I laughed for days upon days, and the laughter mutated into the endsong that reverberated throughout the omniverse and ended our lives, but through such exquisite emptiness we've become content with a limbo that suspends us in ourselves.

Meliden wrote:I think the use of canon here is just a bit wonky. It's all about the comic canon so it's correct in saying that's canonical comic Sonic (now, because the StC comic was canon, just not to the Archie canon or other canon), but it might lead people to think it refers to outright canonical Sonic aka the game one, which doesn't have Archie as canon either.

It's not vastly more egregious than most nerd conversations about canon, but yeah, that was a little annoying. It feels like comic book fans don't understand stuff besides comic books, sometimes.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Return to This Side of Mobius