The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby WiNTER BELLS » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:13 am

Honestly, I felt that the whole ShardXNicole thing was a sort of quick and cheap way of giving Shard a more colorful send-off.
User avatar
WiNTER BELLS
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby Spin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 am

Think Nicole x Shard has an interesting dynamic in a sort of way if you ignore the cute robot/AI outer layer.

End of the day, you are basically putting Nicole in a relationship with Sonic in robot form. The guy who's in an on again/off again relationship with her best friend. While Nicole can be compared to how similar she acts to Sally. Shard is a straight up Sonic faker. It would have been something to see Nicole disinterested/uncomfortable with the idea of going pass friendship just because she sees too much Sonic in him.

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Acutally there is a Mario expy in Fleetway "Sonic the Comic", they are called Marxio Brotheres.

I already knew about them. But they were more Marx Brothers expies than Mario Bros. The ones Penders wanted to create were straight up copies.
User avatar
Spin
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Well actually, let's just say that Mario and Nicole are friends instead of being in love. But, you guys were right. It's not comfortable for them to be in love. But, it would be adorable if you see Mario and Nicole sitting on the gap on a bridge looking at the skies on a starry night though! :)

And I guess that you guys are right. The Marxio Brothers (on Fleetway's "Sonic the Comic", but they're based on their real life stage persona counterparts) are based on the Mario Brothers, but they look different than their Nintendo counterparts. Click on the link for more about those guys: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Marxio_Brothers
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby Uwaaii » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:25 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:Wait let me get this straight.....so this "Mario" guy is an OC, correct? Not a canon Archie Sonic character or the famous plumber from Nintendo.

Actually, the "Mario" person you're referring to is actually the famous plumber from Nintendo. That's why because in any way, Archie Action would meet with Nintendo for the first time.

...he never appeared or was mentioned in the comics, right?

Which means your idea of "Mario" rescuing Nikki, raising her as a foster brother/parent, and shipping NICOLE with Mario is a complete fanfiction? And you're talking about it as if it actually happened in the comics and is considered canon?


I need a better brain to process this...
User avatar
Uwaaii
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:09 am
Location: Where am I

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Uwaaii wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:Wait let me get this straight.....so this "Mario" guy is an OC, correct? Not a canon Archie Sonic character or the famous plumber from Nintendo.

Actually, the "Mario" person you're referring to is actually the famous plumber from Nintendo. That's why because in any way, Archie Action would meet with Nintendo for the first time.

...he never appeared or was mentioned in the comics, right?

Which means your idea of "Mario" rescuing Nikki, raising her as a foster brother/parent, and shipping NICOLE with Mario is a complete fanfiction? And you're talking about it as if it actually happened in the comics and is considered canon?


I need a better brain to process this...

Yeah, but I don't know... He's just a foster brother/parent to her, but he is also a friend to her as it should be. However, he was never mentioned or appeared in the comics. (Because of the licensing stuff, I don't know what I'm saying about it.) But whatever you're saying about that, it's a lot similar to how the younger T-800 raised young Sarah Connor in a flashback scene from "Terminator Genisys".
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby Mordum » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:45 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:Well actually, let's just say that Mario and Nicole are friends instead of being in love. But, you guys were right. It's not comfortable for them to be in love. But, it would be adorable if you see Mario and Nicole sitting on the gap on a bridge looking at the skies on a starry night though! :)


This is gonna be a really rare moment of me being nice for the benefit of another human being, so please take this as it is.

Everyone constantly acts incredulous, confused, annoyed, and mocking toward you and that's clearly not helping, so I'm just gonna come out and say what I assume everyone on this board is thinking, because in every message board community I join I always end up being that guy anyway. This is not to be mean, this is not to make fun of you, and it's entirely possible someone's told you this in a PM already, but on the off chance someone hasn't...

I don't know what your deal is. Maybe you've had some sort of social stunting, maybe you have some sort of spectrum disorder, I don't know, and it is not polite for me to guess. But if you're really 18 like your profile suggests, this is not how an adult, even a young adult, communicates with other people. In every post you make, you're very consistently talking in a frame of reference or basis of assumption that only you follow. You talk about your own characters included in other people's comics as if it's a well known fact, you discuss bizarre fanfiction pairings like Nicole and Mario as if it's objective fact, and you'll have any number of random, mental notions that run through your head introduced conversation as if everyone else around you understands them and considers them as important as you do. This is why people act bizarre toward you or make fun of you: while you perfectly understand what you're saying, you maybe have not considered or understood the fact that your mental reality does not reflect the worldview of others.

Which, based on how you post, I can understand, and sympathize with, the fact this may be difficult to understand. A lot of these posts you make probably come very naturally to you, as you're constantly finding yourself trying to modify the things you say to fit what others are telling you, but simultaneously insisting your notions to still be true. I would imagine you're used to an environment where a lot of what you say isn't really questioned, such as at home or maybe other online forums or groups (or, given how you act here, maybe you AREN'T used to that but just keep going anyway, I don't know). But you seem to have a fundamental inability to understand that what goes on in your own head does not necessarily reflect the world around you, that what you think is actually NOT the standard that others think by.

This needs to be reiterated: just because it's in your head, does not mean that other people understand it or why you thought of it. Furthermore, it does not mean that someone agrees with it, and it also does not mean that this is the standard everyone bases their thoughts off of. Not everyone thinks like you do. And this isn't me judging you or making fun of you, because I can understand why that would confusing or jarring: you live on your thoughts every day and the world makes sense to you in a very specific way, so the idea that other people do not adhere to this specific outlook on life and the world around us must be incredibly difficult to understand. And rather than directly confront and learn from that misunderstanding, you just choose to keep going with your own logic and try to adapt what people say into how you already think, rather than use other people's words to assess and maybe change how you approach things.

The fact is, you don't communicate the way the average person does. And people here, me included, have made fun of you for it. It's entirely possible that people will continue to insult you and make a mockery out of you for it, and that's incredibly unfortunate. Because I'm gonna come clean with you: I am a mean person. Just ask DoNotDelete or SonicBlueRanger: even if I LIKE somebody here, I don't really pull any punches about how I feel (closer friends tend to fare much better, but I tend to be friends with people who can throw punches after getting them, too). I know the exact type of person who would likely make fun of you for how you are because I am exactly that type of person, and that's wrong and unfortunate and it's a fact of life that you just trying to say how you feel will make you a target of mockery just because, for whatever reason, all you do is just think differently than others. That sucks, and it's not right, but that's also how the world works. No matter what people tell you what is or isn't "appropriate" in our society, there will be people who do not care about that. And we're often trained that we need to censor those people, rather than steel ourselves to be able to HANDLE those people, which really solves nothing because it's impossible to truly censor someone who wants you to know exactly how much they don't like you.

But, look. You seem like a perfectly nice kid, and there's nothing you're doing that seems like it's malicious. You just have to understand this simple fact: nobody can understand, at any point, what you're talking about. The way you act is unusual and often completely impossible to understand to those of us here. And I don't think YOU understand that you can't really be understood by those around you.

I'm not doing this to mean, and I'm not making a judgment about you. But you need to understand this. There is a fundamental problem with not just how you communicate, but how you interpret the words of others, and it's probably going to keep making people either make fun of you or talk to you like you're an idiot. And I don't think you're an idiot. I just think you're a little confused, and that's a confusion that needs to be worked on before someone, down the line, says something that really hurts you.
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Mordum wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:Well actually, let's just say that Mario and Nicole are friends instead of being in love. But, you guys were right. It's not comfortable for them to be in love. But, it would be adorable if you see Mario and Nicole sitting on the gap on a bridge looking at the skies on a starry night though! :)


This is gonna be a really rare moment of me being nice for the benefit of another human being, so please take this as it is.

Everyone constantly acts incredulous, confused, annoyed, and mocking toward you and that's clearly not helping, so I'm just gonna come out and say what I assume everyone on this board is thinking, because in every message board community I join I always end up being that guy anyway. This is not to be mean, this is not to make fun of you, and it's entirely possible someone's told you this in a PM already, but on the off chance someone hasn't...

I don't know what your deal is. Maybe you've had some sort of social stunting, maybe you have some sort of spectrum disorder, I don't know, and it is not polite for me to guess. But if you're really 18 like your profile suggests, this is not how an adult, even a young adult, communicates with other people. In every post you make, you're very consistently talking in a frame of reference or basis of assumption that only you follow. You talk about your own characters included in other people's comics as if it's a well known fact, you discuss bizarre fanfiction pairings like Nicole and Mario as if it's objective fact, and you'll have any number of random, mental notions that run through your head introduced conversation as if everyone else around you understands them and considers them as important as you do. This is why people act bizarre toward you or make fun of you: while you perfectly understand what you're saying, you maybe have not considered or understood the fact that your mental reality does not reflect the worldview of others.

Which, based on how you post, I can understand, and sympathize with, the fact this may be difficult to understand. A lot of these posts you make probably come very naturally to you, as you're constantly finding yourself trying to modify the things you say to fit what others are telling you, but simultaneously insisting your notions to still be true. I would imagine you're used to an environment where a lot of what you say isn't really questioned, such as at home or maybe other online forums or groups (or, given how you act here, maybe you AREN'T used to that but just keep going anyway, I don't know). But you seem to have a fundamental inability to understand that what goes on in your own head does not necessarily reflect the world around you, that what you think is actually NOT the standard that others think by.

This needs to be reiterated: just because it's in your head, does not mean that other people understand it or why you thought of it. Furthermore, it does not mean that someone agrees with it, and it also does not mean that this is the standard everyone bases their thoughts off of. Not everyone thinks like you do. And this isn't me judging you or making fun of you, because I can understand why that would confusing or jarring: you live on your thoughts every day and the world makes sense to you in a very specific way, so the idea that other people do not adhere to this specific outlook on life and the world around us must be incredibly difficult to understand. And rather than directly confront and learn from that misunderstanding, you just choose to keep going with your own logic and try to adapt what people say into how you already think, rather than use other people's words to assess and maybe change how you approach things.

The fact is, you don't communicate the way the average person does. And people here, me included, have made fun of you for it. It's entirely possible that people will continue to insult you and make a mockery out of you for it, and that's incredibly unfortunate. Because I'm gonna come clean with you: I am a mean person. Just ask DoNotDelete or SonicBlueRanger: even if I LIKE somebody here, I don't really pull any punches about how I feel (closer friends tend to fare much better, but I tend to be friends with people who can throw punches after getting them, too). I know the exact type of person who would likely make fun of you for how you are because I am exactly that type of person, and that's wrong and unfortunate and it's a fact of life that you just trying to say how you feel will make you a target of mockery just because, for whatever reason, all you do is just think differently than others. That sucks, and it's not right, but that's also how the world works. No matter what people tell you what is or isn't "appropriate" in our society, there will be people who do not care about that. And we're often trained that we need to censor those people, rather than steel ourselves to be able to HANDLE those people, which really solves nothing because it's impossible to truly censor someone who wants you to know exactly how much they don't like you.

But, look. You seem like a perfectly nice kid, and there's nothing you're doing that seems like it's malicious. You just have to understand this simple fact: nobody can understand, at any point, what you're talking about. The way you act is unusual and often completely impossible to understand to those of us here. And I don't think YOU understand that you can't really be understood by those around you.

I'm not doing this to mean, and I'm not making a judgment about you. But you need to understand this. There is a fundamental problem with not just how you communicate, but how you interpret the words of others, and it's probably going to keep making people either make fun of you or talk to you like you're an idiot. And I don't think you're an idiot. I just think you're a little confused, and that's a confusion that needs to be worked on before someone, down the line, says something that really hurts you.

I understand on what you have posted, and thanks for standing up to myself. You guys are the best... :)
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:Wait let me get this straight.....so this "Mario" guy is an OC, correct? Not a canon Archie Sonic character or the famous plumber from Nintendo.

Actually, the "Mario" person you're referring to is actually the famous plumber from Nintendo. That's why because in any way, Archie Action would meet with Nintendo for the first time.

...he never appeared or was mentioned in the comics, right?

Which means your idea of "Mario" rescuing Nikki, raising her as a foster brother/parent, and shipping NICOLE with Mario is a complete fanfiction? And you're talking about it as if it actually happened in the comics and is considered canon?


I need a better brain to process this...

Yeah, but I don't know... He's just a foster brother/parent to her, but he is also a friend to her as it should be. However, he was never mentioned or appeared in the comics. (Because of the licensing stuff, I don't know what I'm saying about it.) But whatever you're saying about that, it's a lot similar to how the younger T-800 raised young Sarah Connor in a flashback scene from "Terminator Genisys".


Now I know you're having fun with this. Let us know when you actually want to discuss about Nicole that's relevant to Archies's sources cause otherwise there's no need for this thread when it's off the cliff w/o parachutes.

MarioandSonic999 wrote:I understand on what you have posted, and thanks for standing up to myself. You guys are the best... :)

oh wow :(hearty laughter):
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby Mordum » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:09 pm

To be completely fair, TurboTailz, you're really not that much more comprehensible. Him comparing a random fanfiction pairing to Terminator Genisys is NOT that far removed from you thinking storytelling structures constructed around defeating a single, thematically appropriate antagonist is like "DBZ sagas", as if Toriyama regurgitating prior pop culture through a basic wuxia framework makes him the baseline for any type of Campellesque storytelling.

He's actually not significantly worse than most people on this forum, it's just the fact he has trouble contextualizing most of his statements. Mocking him isn't really gonna get anyone anywhere, and I kinda regret doing it as much as I did. The big issue isn't so much that he's crazy or a troll as much as he doesn't really know how to frame thoughts.
Last edited by Mordum on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:12 pm

*reads more pages* ...I think I need to see a doctor, 'cause I just lost more braincells in 2 minutes than an alcholic does in one night everytime they drink.

sweet mother of the mobius strip...

I'm trying to wrap my head around all this...but my mind is like: "nope, don't do it".
User avatar
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:17 pm

NxtWaltDisney wrote:*reads more pages* ...I think I need to see a doctor, 'cause I just lost more braincells in 2 minutes than an alcholic does in one night everytime they drink.

sweet mother of the mobius strip...

I'm trying to wrap my head around all this...but my mind is like: "nope, don't do it".



Not after that :P It's too hot in here. :(hearty laughter):
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby Uwaaii » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:12 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:Wait let me get this straight.....so this "Mario" guy is an OC, correct? Not a canon Archie Sonic character or the famous plumber from Nintendo.

Actually, the "Mario" person you're referring to is actually the famous plumber from Nintendo. That's why because in any way, Archie Action would meet with Nintendo for the first time.

...he never appeared or was mentioned in the comics, right?

Which means your idea of "Mario" rescuing Nikki, raising her as a foster brother/parent, and shipping NICOLE with Mario is a complete fanfiction? And you're talking about it as if it actually happened in the comics and is considered canon?


I need a better brain to process this...

Yeah, but I don't know... He's just a foster brother/parent to her, but he is also a friend to her as it should be. However, he was never mentioned or appeared in the comics. (Because of the licensing stuff, I don't know what I'm saying about it.) But whatever you're saying about that, it's a lot similar to how the younger T-800 raised young Sarah Connor in a flashback scene from "Terminator Genisys".

Ok, so Mario is supposed to be NICOLE's foster family and friend despite the fact he never appeared or was mentioned in the comics. I'm sorry if it sounds confusing but where did this whole "Mario as family, friend, and maybe lover" thing came from? Was there something in the comic (or anything else NICOLE appears in) that implied NICOLE had some kind of relationship with Mario??

Sorry if I sound insulting or making fun of. When MarioSonic first said "Mario" I actually thought there was a character in the comic named Mario who interacted with NICOLE pre-reboot that I either forgot or didn't know of. Then everyone else started saying it was fan-fiction and off-topic while MarioSonic sounded pretty confident giving us backstories and relation between the two characters, shutting down my brain. Now that I understand Mario is THE Mario from Nintendo and he never even existed in the comics, one side of me want to agree with everyone else and either laugh it off or ignore the whole thing. The other side of me wants to know why MarioSonic considered it canon. It's starting to give me a headache but I do want to understand why it happened.
User avatar
Uwaaii
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:09 am
Location: Where am I

Re: The Thread of Celebrating Nicole Because Reasons

Postby Kureejii Lea » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 pm

NxtWaltDisney wrote:*reads more pages* ...I think I need to see a doctor, 'cause I just lost more braincells in 2 minutes than an alcholic does in one night everytime they drink.

sweet mother of the mobius strip...

I'm trying to wrap my head around all this...but my mind is like: "nope, don't do it".


As a general note to everyone... if this is the kind of reaction certain posts inspire, maybe it's best to just leave it alone and not post anything at all so as to not completely derail things. If there's nothing to add or discuss or you don't want to address a particular direction, just let it be.
User avatar
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:26 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron