Solicts - STH 278, SU 81 and more!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Solicts - STH 278, SU 81 and more!

Postby FritzyBeat » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:Wow are we really doing the "This sounds like Fanfiction" complaint? I mean if the stories not sounding like it'll grab you then fine but that comparison is so played out.

He said "we'll see." No need to keep harping on it.

Honestly, after nearly 25 years of Sonic, I'm pretty sure there isn't much anyone can write that hasn't already been done in SOMEONE'S fanfic before XD
The real question is whether you can make it engaging or not~ >:3
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Spin wrote:Fake Hedgehog huh, wouldn't that make her name Fool's Gold.

Spoiler: show
An evil clone named Pyrite would be awesome.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby sonicfoamyfan9805 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:23 pm

man, there goes my prediction that an anti silver would be called gold!
sonicfoamyfan9805
BumbleNewbie

Postby Meliden » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:27 pm

sonicfoamyfan9805 wrote:man, there goes my prediction that an anti silver would be called gold!

To be fair, that concept doesn't even exist in this continuity. There could well have been an Anti-Silver called Gold in the old continuity if Moebius had been explored deep enough.

Or they could have curveballed and called him Platinum or a different metal/element. Or maybe they wouldn't have even gone that far because the future of an anti counterpart world is just stretching it, who knows.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:11 pm

considering that most of the anti- characters featured older names or lesser used names of their counterparts (Miles, Rosy the Rascal, Boomer, etc), I would expect Anti-Silver to be named Venice
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby akessel92 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:53 pm

For the cassia vs bunnie anybody gonna place bets? I bet on my rabbot, 100 red rings.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby TurboTailz » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:03 pm

akessel92 wrote:For the cassia vs bunnie anybody gonna place bets? I bet on my rabbot, 100 red rings.

Spoiler: show
Cassia cause Ian favors villains :P. Ian is on the dark side. :twisted:
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:53 pm

These covers looks good, and the solicits look interesting. The solicit for STH #278 looks real interesting for the first story as we're getting closer to the end of the Shattered World Crisis, and I'm really interested how the battle between Bunnie vs. Cassia will turn out in the second one. The solicit for SU #81 is also interesting, and I wonder who Gold the Tenrec is? She must be that girl on the cover. I also just realized that Professor Von Schlemmer also appeared in AOSTH, and that the Archie version of him looks more serious. I remember the character, but I just forgot about him. Anywayus, I'm looking forward to these issues.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:22 am

Penguin God wrote:Which is why I'm not knocking it right off the bat. Simple fictional cliches and bad fanfiction can overlap, and it'll be interesting to see which one this is. The solicit just doesn't make it sound great.

Yeah, I had a negative first knee-jerk reaction to the idea of this 'Gold' character - I've often found that reaction to be quickly overturned though, so I'll not pass judgement until I've read the story.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby FritzyBeat » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 pm

FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby awkwardMEOW » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:17 am

When was the last time Ian didn't write either of the main stories for the month? And both are being written by females.. That's really cool!
awkwardMEOW
BumbleNewbie

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Not sure if it's ever happened given Ian's only fellow writer in ages has been Yardley, minus the recent additions of Leah and Stanley and besides like some back ups toward the start of the reboot and writers exclusive to X and Boom.

And I admit, it's good to see Archie having more writers on staff. Though, it feels awkward that the only consistent new writer right now is Ian's wife and the only ones allowed to write main stories are another established artist and people already attached to the cartoon version of Boom. Forgive me for using this word, but what I'm getting at is writer wise Archie Action feels very inbred. There's this comfort zone that Archie feels very afraid to leave and this is their attempt at dipping their toes in the water. It's kind of weird given Archie's getting better and better at picking up new artists.

Hopefully it leads somewhere, but I somehow don't see that happening with Mega Man on hiatus, Boom cancelled, and STH and SU being the extent of the video game inspired library.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby akessel92 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Regardless of cancelation of boom and the debut of megaman hiatus. I am still looking forward to the post-WU issues. I honestly wouldn't mind stories by Tyson Hesse. Though his stories probably would have more enchiladas.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Tylinos » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:09 pm

awkwardMEOW wrote:When was the last time Ian didn't write either of the main stories for the month?

Wait, was it confirmed Lea was writing the main story for 278? There are two stories in that one, and I only saw her say she was writing for it, not which of the two she was writing.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:37 pm

I thought she was doing Hidden Costs, which is the back-up. It makes sense to me because I don't think she'd write two singles back to back, not yet anyhow.
Meliden
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius