Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more

Postby Meliden » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Spoiler: show
...What? No, the Knights of Kronos are a comic concept only. The games have never been that in-depth with time travel. Based off an achievement name, sure, but it was but a name.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Chameleon Guy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Meliden wrote:
...What? No, the Knights of Kronos are a comic concept only. The games have never been that in-depth with time travel. Based off an achievement name, sure, but it was but a name.

Then again, the only thing about it that was used in the comic was the name. It was only mentioned once.
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

Postby Meliden » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Difference is the weight on them. In the achievement it was just a name for decoration since there's no such thing as Chronos power and the time stones are never used after Sonic CD. In the comic, it was mentioned by Mogul, it tied into a bunch of stuff related to Silver and Ian presumably had more plans for it to flesh it out.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:04 pm

So, nothing to indicate that Sonic the Hedgehog and Universe are getting cancelled/put on hiatus like Mega Man and Boom, eh? I suppose it's not too surprising-they've been going on longer, and it would spoil the whole "longest running comic series based on a videogame series" if they decided to revamp the series like a lot of people think will be happening with Mega Man.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby 009* » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:42 am

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:So, nothing to indicate that Sonic the Hedgehog and Universe are getting cancelled/put on hiatus like Mega Man and Boom, eh? I suppose it's not too surprising-they've been going on longer, and it would spoil the whole "longest running comic series based on a videogame series" if they decided to revamp the series like a lot of people think will be happening with Mega Man.

From what I've heard, granted this is from a year ago, Capcom has said that they're open to being bought out. Maybe there's something going on that isn't being said?
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby Matt7325 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:03 am

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:So, nothing to indicate that Sonic the Hedgehog and Universe are getting cancelled/put on hiatus like Mega Man and Boom, eh? I suppose it's not too surprising-they've been going on longer, and it would spoil the whole "longest running comic series based on a videogame series" if they decided to revamp the series like a lot of people think will be happening with Mega Man.

Isn't the main Sonic title the best-selling Archie publication (excluding digests)? It was at one point - if that's the case then they'd be nuts to cancel it.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:44 am

Cross-Posting from the Mega Man Forum.

Actually I've been thinking about this. Vin talks about Archie Action expanding in the interview and it got me thinking that maybe the Sonic Unleashed Adaptation is going to finish up in the Sonic book and then maybe the last part of that will "end" Sonic with the next month introducing a new run of all the books.

Sonic The Hedgehog #1 Starting up maybe a Lost World Arc, Sonic Universe #1, Mega Man #1 Starting Mega Man 4. It's a dumb practice and all but that's what I can see happening. Side Note A Relaunch =/= Reboot.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby akessel92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:58 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Cross-Posting from the Mega Man Forum.

Actually I've been thinking about this. Vin talks about Archie Action expanding in the interview and it got me thinking that maybe the Sonic Unleashed Adaptation is going to finish up in the Sonic book and then maybe the last part of that will "end" Sonic with the next month introducing a new run of all the books.

Sonic The Hedgehog #1 Starting up maybe a Lost World Arc, Sonic Universe #1, Mega Man #1 Starting Mega Man 4. It's a dumb practice and all but that's what I can see happening. Side Note A Relaunch =/= Reboot.

I agree that is dumb. So are they going to renumber it or something?
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 pm

akessel92 wrote:

I agree that is dumb. So are they going to renumber it or something?

That seems to be the only logical explanation-otherwise it makes no sense for them to be ending Mega Man. I'm not convinced that they will end Sonic given how proud they are of the record, but I suppose it's possible
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Except we've brought up several times that the Archie Kickstarter could have been a significant factor, not them stopping it for marketing reasons.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:10 pm

OMG, SONIC SIMULATOR BABIES!

But what would be the point?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:25 pm

NxtWaltDisney wrote:OMG, SONIC SIMULATOR BABIES!

But what would be the point?

I don't know what's the point of "Concluding" 4 years of TMNT comics with issue #50 just to relaunch it. Sales. #1's sell so the relaunch titles at #1 all the time. It's stupid but that's comics.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:40 pm

I think we can give Archie the benefit of a doubt and assume that they're not cancelling this series just so they can reset it at #1 again. They didn't do that with Sonic after the Worlds Collide reboot.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Tcat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:14 pm

I really REALLY REALLY REALLY loath the lack of toes on SEGA characters. It's just ...stupid. We have the polygons in today's era to make toes on Sonic characters!
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Tcat wrote:I really REALLY REALLY REALLY loath the lack of toes on SEGA characters. It's just ...stupid. We have the polygons in today's era to make toes on Sonic characters!

I'll never get why this is an issue to people honestly. We barely ever see the characters feet anyway.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius