Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more

Postby DabigRG » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:36 pm

The KKM wrote:I set myself for disappointment with Lupe thinking they'd actually follow Fang and Fockewulf and the Werehog as basis for the designs, plus don't like SatAM squirrel-face-masks so I'm feeling very blah about that

but it's a divided blah as I do like most of everything else in the design (wish the hair was a bit better integrated)

To clarify, the reason I'm so divided is because taken purely as a SEGAfication of the SatAM design, it's actually really good, just wish the hair was more integrated as mentioned
but then I actually prefer the cyclops eye, long muzzle look of the few elements of "wolf" we've actually had in the games, so eeehh. It's purely something on myself, because the design by itself's good.

I second that opinion. They most likely shyed away from that idea for the sake of making her more feminine. Although, to be completely fair, she still has most of the things that made her design unique (tribal dress, longer snout, taller height), its just that they been downplayed so as to make her conform to SEGA's style. Personally, I wish we had slightly better angles than we have, especially the main cover.

Though, I must say that everyone responding to the Universe main cover by screaming "Shard" is amusing. A suitable comparison, but still amusing.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby TurboTailz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:42 pm

Oh wow Lupe looks youthful though I wish they kept her original mouth with furry cheeks. Ya know just like Tails, but w/e good to see her again. Next up let's see how her lore is in this universe.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:52 pm

In this case, I don't see the Shard resemblance at all. They're just mini Metal Sonics in different colours. Shard himself was heavily lifted from Metal Sonic's design since he was a Metal Sonic in the past.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Axel T Rat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Yeah~, I'm gonna hold off hoping for Shard until I actually see him. So yeah, I like Lupe's old style better, but I like what she's got here still and expected her to be a little Sega-ized. Still curious on how Dulcy is gonna eventually look like.

Now I'm curious, why aren't there any previews on the Mega Man end of things yet?
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Tyson Hesse cover with Lupe on it? Yessssss. Also more Rafa Knight is always good
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby The Walking Hedgehog » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Cool Lupe's back! That Silver Age cover is also pretty interesting. They seem like a mix of Shard and the Sonic Bots from Colors and Lost Worlds' multiplayer modes.
The Walking Hedgehog
BumbleFan

Postby DrakStarr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:26 am

All that lightning in the new Sonic covers make me think they'll face Thunderbolt again.
DrakStarr
BumbleFan

Postby DoNotDelete » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 am

I like Lupe's new look - fits in better with the current universe. Nice to see Von Schlemmer's gonna be a component of the Silver story.

Why is everybody jumping on anything mecha ('Gemerl' or these mini-mecha-Sonics) being a 'reincarnation' of Shard? We can have other robot characters come into the story.

Xeric wrote:Hopefully this means we'll be seeing Dulcy soon too!

Ian said something about the two who were 'name dropped' at the start of the new universe turning up soon. Lupe was one of those name dropped so I'm looking forward to Dulcy's (apparent) inevitable return.

Big Al Son wrote:THE ART OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG COMICS book! Finally! I wonder if Archie would publish one, seems as though Marvel, DC and other comic publishers does this as well. And it's just over 300 pages long!

Something for my Christmas list.

Azul wrote:On an unrelated note, I want to mention how much I am in love with the art of Rafa Knight.

Rafa's a really cool person too. I left a comment on one of Rafa's CG artworks and - without any prompting from me - Rafa took a look at my own gallery and had some really positive things to say.

I make a point of getting one of Rafa's covers when I can.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby awkwardMEOW » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:35 am

My dream came true! Lupe is back next! I love her redesign. Now I'm just holding out for new!Dulcy, new!Thrash, and The Babylon Rogues. I gave up on SHARD but I'm pretty sure we'll see Thrash again.

I hope the next Universe arc is the Rogues... wanna see how they fit in to the new Universe!

So are these Sonic issues individual?? There's no number in the top right.
awkwardMEOW
BumbleNewbie

Postby Chameleon Guy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:41 am

Yeah, they are single issue stories, I don't mind that at all.
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:39 am

Chameleon Guy wrote:Yeah, they are single issue stories, I don't mind that at all.

Me neither. The Plot of unleashed can be described as "Go Here Get Key Put Chaos Emerald in Temple" so it doesn't really need that many pages for the "Go Place Get Key" part.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:40 am

It's basically the post-reboot version of the World Tour done after Iron Dominion, so shorter stories are really par for the course.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby N'egga Man » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:59 am

So is it likely the next two issues could either be seperate stories like this one, or a two-parter, then combined with the last issue and this one into a Graphic Novel?
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 pm

N'egga Man wrote:So is it likely the next two issues could either be seperate stories like this one, or a two-parter, then combined with the last issue and this one into a Graphic Novel?

1-2 issue stories would be my guess. I assume the Graphic Novel will be Free Comic Book Day (Origins #6) 272, 276 and 277.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby N'egga Man » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:41 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
N'egga Man wrote:So is it likely the next two issues could either be seperate stories like this one, or a two-parter, then combined with the last issue and this one into a Graphic Novel?

1-2 issue stories would be my guess. I assume the Graphic Novel will be Free Comic Book Day (Origins #6) 272, 276 and 277.

Oh, I forgot about 272 and the Origins story. That would make more sense. Though, do you think they might fit Snively's and Razor's Origin Stories in there too?
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius