Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Well, I must say I like Lupe's new look-I wasn't always a fan of the leotard. It's also nice to know we'll finally be getting some more Egg Boss action, given the fairly minimal role everybody but Thunderbolt had in the Worlds Collide to Worlds Unite interlude. Silver's future is also getting more and more intriguing-it'll be interesting to see what new or repurposed characters might inhabitant the place now. I'm also wondering if a certain Eggman descendant may finally be making his full on Archie debut...
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:17 pm

So I guess I was wrong and the arc is going to be maybe 6 or 7 issues of Sonic getting the keys? Alright that's cool. I love the Shattered World Saga but I'm ready for a new storyline to be honest.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:25 pm

Cool! Lupe is back! :)
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby Azul » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Well, I must say I like Lupe's new look-I wasn't always a fan of the leotard. It's also nice to know we'll finally be getting some more Egg Boss action, given the fairly minimal role everybody but Thunderbolt had in the Worlds Collide to Worlds Unite interlude. Silver's future is also getting more and more intriguing-it'll be interesting to see what new or repurposed characters might inhabitant the place now. I'm also wondering if a certain Eggman descendant may finally be making his full on Archie debut...

Last I heard, SEGA doesn't want Archie to use Eggman Nega.

On an unrelated note, I want to mention how much I am in love with the art of Rafa Knight.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Kellox » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:31 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
hyperrush wrote:Hummmm i'd like the old Lupe tribal style more.

:cry:

What are you talking about? She still has a Native American/Tribal vibe in her design.

I can't help but notice they took a little influence from Tikal in how to Segaize the look BTW. I mean obviously not completely but it seems like that's the Template they worked off of.

Maybe it's because of the style http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/arc ... 0624065759
I don't know hot to explain it but it looks more...western tribal? Idk if that makes sense,
but I prefer this new design, I was also thinking of Tikal! it's very fitting.
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby N'egga Man » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:33 pm

So Silver's going to face the dreaded... baby Virtual Hedgehogs? This just gets crazier with each reveal. And it's good to see Lupe make her new-debut in this issue. Kinda interesting to hear that Clove has the last Emerald now, but at this rate, it sounds like the Unleashed arc won't be running for too long. Which is fine by me.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:51 pm

It'll also be pretty nice to see Bunnie without Antoine again. Nothing against them, but they're both strong characters and it's good to free them from each other every once in a while.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby PeléPelé06 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm

I think it'd be cool if Lupe's "secret" was a were-form like Sonic's, and I think it'd be even cooler, if this is the case, for her to somehow keep it after everything with Dark Gaia ends (fingers very tightly crossed!). I honestly really like the idea of the Werehog, even if I wouldn't necessarily want Sonic to keep the ability after the Unleashed adaptation is finished.
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:50 pm

N'egga Man wrote:So Silver's going to face the dreaded... baby Virtual Hedgehogs? This just gets crazier with each reveal. And it's good to see Lupe make her new-debut in this issue. Kinda interesting to hear that Clove has the last Emerald now, but at this rate, it sounds like the Unleashed arc won't be running for too long. Which is fine by me.

I dunno about that. #276 only has one of the keys, the Super Badnik isn't suggested to have another, Dulcy's got to fit in the chain somewhere, and after everything we still have the Unleashed endgame to cover.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Big Al Son » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:18 pm

Lupe is back! Her new design looks great, a bit close to the original design then the other SatAM cast.

Ian did mention on his tweet that even with the Worlds Unite story, the Shattered World Crisis would still have at least another year before completion. So the Crisis would end late next year, and it's endgame might be a way to celebrate Sonic's 25th Anniversary. I do want to see this Crisis end, for a new story, but we have been reintroduced to old characters, not just the comics but from other TV shows as well, during this epic.

THE ART OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG COMICS book! Finally! I wonder if Archie would publish one, seems as though Marvel, DC and other comic publishers does this as well. And it's just over 300 pages long!
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Xeric » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:30 pm

Great to see Lupe back! Glad they managed to remember her facial scar is only on one side, unlike in the old continuity where she had it on both sides. Hopefully this means we'll be seeing Dulcy soon too!
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby The KKM » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:52 pm

I set myself for disappointment with Lupe thinking they'd actually follow Fang and Fockewulf and the Werehog as basis for the designs, plus don't like SatAM squirrel-face-masks so I'm feeling very blah about that

but it's a divided blah as I do like most of everything else in the design (wish the hair was a bit better integrated)

so I guess as usual with the reboot

bleeeeeeeeh

the babby sonic colours bots are amazing though, even if I still don't like Schlemmer

To clarify, the reason I'm so divided is because taken purely as a SEGAfication of the SatAM design, it's actually really good, just wish the hair was more integrated as mentioned
but then I actually prefer the cyclops eye, long muzzle look of the few elements of "wolf" we've actually had in the games, so eeehh. It's purely something on myself, because the design by itself's good.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby The Jazzyman » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:03 pm

I absolutely LOVE this Lupe redesign!

It keeps the core of the character while making her fit in with the universe!
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:34 pm

NiTROACTiVE wrote:I also wonder who Prof. von Schlemmer is? I'm sure he's the guy on the SU #80 cover, but we'll have to see what he's like.

He's a character from AOSTH who was recently brought into the comic. He's already appeared in this year's Free Comic Book Day issue.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby dantemustdie00 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:37 pm

Love the more simplified design for Lupe here.
dantemustdie00
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius