Unused and Scrapped Archie Sonic Comic Ideas

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Unused and Scrapped Archie Sonic Comic Ideas

Postby linebyline » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Penguin God wrote:I made this mistake too at first, but the Wyn dying plotline was Bollers, not Penders.

And I actually read that correction earlier in this thread, and then forgot about it. :oops: Oh well. :P
linebyline
BumbleKnight

Postby Mobotropolis » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:34 pm

I don't think we have to use Fan Idea tags for this anymore, guys.

I would never have Locke make those mistakes in the first place.

Erm ... maybe you should elaborate on that since in no scenario do I see this working out for Knuckles.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Xabin » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 pm

I feel like, with the current lawsuit kerfluffle and rumblings from Penders of bringing it back, the whole thing about Naugus and the Freedom Fighters knowing about the old continuity will turn into this. Just think about the possibilities if they were able to reference the old stuff in the new continuity: Antoine having nightmares about his near-death, Bunnie flashing back to when she had her limbs de-roboticized, and having to sacrifice them again to protect her husband, Rotor sadly reminiscing about having a loving family in the other continuity (or, had the idea not gone off the rails into a ditch, growing depressed when reminiscing about his relationship with Cobar when seeing Sonic/Sally's and/or Antoine/Bunnie's relationship, and realizing that not only does that not exist, anymore, Cobar HIMSELF may not exist, anymore), or - the big one - Sally going into panic attacks when going against Eggman and the Death Egg over memories of her actions as Mecha Sally. Memories of lost family that no longer exist in the new universe, of old friends and enemies that went poof when reality rebooted, awkward moments when old memories of previous scuffles between the group crop up. So much potential for drama, here, all prevented due to the current lawsuit.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby MeltingMan234 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Well the forum is about to come to an end... and this page has still led to being most unhelpful. It started off ok with finding reliable source material related to the title of this page about scrapped and unused ideas for the Archie Sonic Comics. But then it shifted over to a huge argument over Scourge the Hedgehog and the Reboot. We already have forums related to those topics, why did you bother coming here with information that is unnecessary to the title of this forum? I give thanks to the people who actually READ the title of this article in supplying links and things to unused ideas, but I'm surprised that they're all related to Ian Flynn, Ken Penders and Karl Bollers. Seriously? There's no info about unused ideas from Micheal Gallagher, Angelo DeCesare, or any other former writers of the comics? Oh well, it's better than nothing. Maybe now I can get this Forgotten Media idea about them unused archie sonic ideas scripted eventually.
MeltingMan234
BumbleNewbie

Postby Xabin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:38 pm

I think it's because those are the head writers for their era, and thus are more memorable than the other, lesser writers. I believe it wasn't until Penders took over that the comic became what it was, instead of a weird mashup of AoSTH and SatAM.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius