Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Postby Meliden » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:18 am

Uh...seeing as how the 3DS character page doesn't try to show off Bowser and Eggman as counterparts, I think that party mode is your lot for alternate game modes, no story or adventure.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:54 am

Meliden wrote:Uh...seeing as how the 3DS character page doesn't try to show off Bowser and Eggman as counterparts, I think that party mode is your lot for alternate game modes, no story or adventure.

...okay, now I'm upset. Adventure Mode was THE draw for me.

I'm hoping they're just not saying anything about it yet for whatever reason.

Edit: Oh, just checked MarioWiki... they say it has an Adventure Mode, but it's not cited for whatever reason.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Meliden » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:05 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Edit: Oh, just checked MarioWiki... they say it has an Adventure Mode, but it's not cited for whatever reason.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Look at the full quote;

The game is also set to have a Adventure mode similar to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo DS) and Mario Golf: World Tour with the Mii challenging different characters to events.

That's the party mode we've seen. Don't know why they're comparing it to the DS adventure mode.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby samuraiman26 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Even then it looks like that mode is just for your Mii. You choose a gym (the Mario or Sonic gym) which are competing. But you can only play your Mii. Also that quote has been deleted from the Wiki apparently because it wasn't cited.

I don't know... I am not trying to be negative or complain, but the whole limit on characters and the emphasis on the Miis turns me off. That and I think they should release more Amibos for the Sonic side. At least the more popular characters. And allow them to be used in a few other games.

I am looking forward to the Wii U version though! I hope they do a story mode on the Wii U version. It is sort of aggravating when the only thing you can do are play events. But either way as long as I am free to play Tails anytime I am good.
samuraiman26
BumbleNewbie

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius