Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Postby ShadowBat20 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:16 am

Yep, we're getting yet another Olympic title. Trailer.

I gotta say though, this one looks pretty good. From what I can see, Rouge, Jet, and freakin' Zazz are new playable characters (though it's possible Zazz is just a boss), as well as Diddy Kong and Nabbit, and that gets me pretty excited.

Thoughts?
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Re: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Postby QuantamEdge » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:30 am

Looks pretty cool. Finally expanding some more on the character front and I like the look of rugby in it. Kind of blindsided that the Deadly Six are being used though. Still, the more the merrier.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:48 am

Meh.

I haven't played any of the other Olympic Games so I don't know how to feel about this.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Betz! » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:05 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Meh.

I haven't played any of the other Olympic Games so I don't know how to feel about this.

Graphics look good. Not Generations quality, but good.
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:16 am

I've already shared that on Facebook on my "Sonic the Hedgehog Group" site. I saw that yesterday morning on Youtube.
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Betz! wrote:Graphics look good. Not Generations quality, but good.

Yeah. Looks rather nice.
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:49 pm

...anyone else wonder why Sega is so in love with Zazz? I mean, first he's the only Deadly Six boss in Sonic Dash-so far, I don't know if they're still updating-and now he may be a playable character or Event Boss in Olypmic Games 2016. I mean, I suppose he's not just a muscle guy like Zavok and Zomom, but with four other Deadly Six members to choose from I find it curious that they'd go with Zazz. Jet and Rouge are a little less surprising since they've been rivals before, and Diddy Kong is a predictable inclusion...not sure about Nabbit though. Makes you wonder if the likes of Omega, the other Rogues and Deadly Six members, Cream, Big, Marine, or the Koopalings will ever be featured as playable characters.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:14 pm

Sigh, another one? I would ask when people get bored with them, but it is Mario spin-off so it can go for ever.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:...anyone else wonder why Sega is so in love with Zazz? I mean, first he's the only Deadly Six boss in Sonic Dash-so far, I don't know if they're still updating-and now he may be a playable character or Event Boss in Olypmic Games 2016. I mean, I suppose he's not just a muscle guy like Zavok and Zomom, but with four other Deadly Six members to choose from I find it curious that they'd go with Zazz. Jet and Rouge are a little less surprising since they've been rivals before, and Diddy Kong is a predictable inclusion...not sure about Nabbit though. Makes you wonder if the likes of Omega, the other Rogues and Deadly Six members, Cream, Big, Marine, or the Koopalings will ever be featured as playable characters.

That's easy to answer; he's the first one you fight. Therefore, he's the one most of the general audience will know. Helps that the same logic got him more exposure in Sonic Dash as well.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:36 pm

ShadowBat20 wrote:Thoughts?

1) Yes!

2) It's on 3DS again, so triple-yes!

3) It's looking better than the last one; had they kept par for that, particularly only having the Wii U version, I wouldn't care so much.

4) The reason I care this much is because the portable games have had Adventure Modes I've quite enjoyed. They haven't said anything about it yet, but I'm hoping this one does, too. Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they brought that to the Wii U version, though -- that was my big disappointment in the last one being Wii U only.

5) I was supposed to play the last one with my wife, Ian, and Aleah to review, but that never happened. Hopefully this time...

6) I hope Rosalina is in this one.

7) Soccer and golf? I wonder how they'll compare to Mario Strikers and Mario Golf, respectively.

8) Man, look at Mario go on that track. I don't remember spinning like that before; I wonder what other special moves there might be.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:21 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Sigh, another one? I would ask when people get bored with them, but it is Mario spin-off so it can go for ever.

I was done with it after the London games. That game was so dull.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby ShadowBat20 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:22 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:5) I was supposed to play the last one with my wife, Ian, and Aleah to review, but that never happened. Hopefully this time...

Aw man, that'd be cool.

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:6) I hope Rosalina is in this one.

I was honestly surprised that she didn't show up in the trailer at all. I'd be all for her being playable. And if Zazz is just a boss character (which is most likely), hopefully they include Espio as a third new Sonic-rep (Espio and Diddy were my two most wanted characters).

squeakyboots13 wrote:
MetalSkulkBane wrote:Sigh, another one? I would ask when people get bored with them, but it is Mario spin-off so it can go for ever.

I was done with it after the London games. That game was so dull.

Ah, really? London was personally my favorite of the series. To each his own, I suppose.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:38 am

Same. The Adventure Mode was so much better.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Spinehog » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Doesn't look too much better/worse than the past titles, which is to say it looks like a solid game, but not different enough to give me incentive to buy every new release.
Then again, I rarely tend to buy sequels to sports games (My newest copy of NHL is 03), so my opinion might be void.

If nothing else, I really do like the new Sonic and Mario poses in the new art.
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... 16-Ann.jpg
Spinehog
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:12 am

I like seeing Sega using the Deadly Six, or Zazz at least. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to the gaming community at large, but I think the sizable reoccurring cast is one of the better attributes of the Sonic series and I like seeing them utilize who they have. Hopefully they can keep showing up in the future.

...it's nice to see Nabbit and Diddy hopefully expanding the character pool as well? I don't play the Olympic titles so there's not much for me to take away from this announcement. These sound like pluses for those that do though.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius