Still getting the comics even though my subscription ran out

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Still getting the comics even though my subscription ran out

Postby jawsisra » Fri May 29, 2015 12:23 am

This month I got 2 comic even though last month's issues said they were my last issues I was wondering if any one else has had this happen

On the packaging it said for ALL FOR ADC 001/006 and the other I can not remember the numbers because I throw the packaging away
jawsisra
BumbleFan

Re: Still getting the comics even though my subscription ran

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri May 29, 2015 9:50 am

Oh My God I thought this was just me and my brother.

When I resubscribed to Sonic Universe there was some kind of error and I only was subbed to issues 69-75 yet I just got issue 76 a few days ago.

My brother's full subscription to Mega Man ran out and yet he got Mega Man #49.

I'm almost thinking they activated the Worlds Unite Sub because three of the books were coming to the same place. I know that's insanely unlikely but I'm honestly keeping my eyes peeled for if they send Sonic Boom even though I'm not subscribed to Boom.

I don't know what's real anymore.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:08 am

I subscribed to Sonic Boom back in January and have yet to receive an issue. I should probably email them.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby awkwardMEOW » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:52 am

Archie has the worst subscription management center. There have been at least 5 different times over the past 10 years where I've had to e-mail them because they were sending me duplicate issues for months on end or cutting my subscription short. Just last month I got two 272s on the same day...

For this reason I always keep track in a spreadsheet when I get my issues.
awkwardMEOW
BumbleNewbie

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:56 am

awkwardMEOW wrote:Archie has the worst subscription management center. There have been at least 5 different times over the past 10 years where I've had to e-mail them because they were sending me duplicate issues for months on end or cutting my subscription short. Just last month I got two 272s on the same day...

For this reason I always keep track in a spreadsheet when I get my issues.

I've gotten other peoples issues before.

In fact recently my brother got 9 copies of Mega Man #48. The were all packaged together so I'm sure if it was completely Archie's fault or what.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:48 pm

I've gotten someone else's comic stuck to mine before. I just put it back in the mail the next day. It happens. I mean how many thousands of comics do they have going out each month?

Five times in ten years is not that bad.

The only thing that's dumb about Archie's customer support is that the people working there use aliases. Unless you mean to tell that they actually have real life Archie Andrews and Betty Cooper working for them.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby linebyline » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:55 pm

You know, the funny thing is, my subscriptions ended exactly before the crossover started, so the extra issue they mistakenly sent me was SU #76. I had actually planned on letting my subscriptions lapse and waiting out the crossover, since I didn't like the first one, but I actually ended up enjoying this issue (warts and all) so now I'm going to go ahead and renew.

My inner conspiracy-theorist can't help but wonder if they did that on purpose.
linebyline
BumbleKnight

Postby OlSkratte » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:11 pm

that happened to me, but it was around like issue 65, haha. I guess this is a long standing problem. And I still have two copies of that first Monkey Khan issue they sent me by accident, one is still sealed in the plastic because of that.
OlSkratte
BumbleNewbie

Postby jawsisra » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:05 pm

I still not sure if I should keep the issues or send them back. I mean they did come in my name but My Subscription ran out before the crossover. I plan on renewing my when I have the money set aside for it. I usealy only subscribe to Sonic and Universe but because of the cross over I plan on sub to both Megaman and Sonic Boom also.
jawsisra
BumbleFan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:08 pm

You may as well just keep it. It's a $3 comic and it was a mistake on their end that it was sent to you. If you still continue getting issues, I would shoot them an email about it just to make sure it didn't auto-renew or anything. But it shouldn't be a big deal right now.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby SeaSalt84 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:57 pm

I really think most of the issues involving people missing.....well, issues....stems more from poor mail service than any of Archie's subscription service.

I've been subscribed to the main series and Universe for years now, and I -never- had any comics go missing until I moved to another town. I had to have had at least a half-dozen issues not arrive, and each time Archie's service representatives sent me replacements. I once ended up with a copy belonging to a library a few towns over, due to the plastic wrapping sticking to my copy's. So, I'm really suspecting that the city I'm in just has a horrible mail service that may or may not have been sending my issues to other people.
SeaSalt84
BumbleNewbie

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:48 am

Guy's I think I figured out the deal.

I just got part 3 of Worlds Unite and I notice on the subscription page it says "If you are already subscribed to one or more of these titles your current subscription will be extended."

It's not a mistake they bumped the subs.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:11 pm

It always says that. That's just what happens when you order another subscription before the first one expires.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Return to This Side of Mobius