The Sonally Story

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

After the "StH/MM: Worlds Unite" crossover event, will Sonic and Sally be in love again?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:14 am

Yes
19%
No
65%
Have no idea
16%

Total votes : 57

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon May 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Just leave it be, man.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:22 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Just leave it be, man.
Thanks. I couldn't agree more... :)
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby TurboTailz » Mon May 18, 2015 2:31 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:Hey MarioandSonic999 shrink your signature down man. I wish I can have mine large too, but they're suppose to be a specific perimeter order.
Is my signature better this time?

Yes :)
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:32 pm

TurboTailz wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:Hey MarioandSonic999 shrink your signature down man. I wish I can have mine large too, but they're suppose to be a specific perimeter order.
Is my signature better this time?

Yes :)

:)
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby Uwaaii » Mon May 18, 2015 4:19 pm

I’m not really fond of Sonic in a relationship with someone.He’s only interested in adventure and freedom, not romance. If Sonic's going to stick with a girl, it needs to be someone who would understand that they will never catch up with him, wouldn't try to force him to change, and is willing to throw away their entire life waiting or trying to keep up with him.

I actually cringe at the word "Sonally" because it reminds me of all the intense shipping and love drama by the writers that glorify unhealthy relationships (yes, I know it was a long time ago). I'm not against Sonally itself as long as it’s not the main focus and keep the flirting to a certain level. IDK how they're gonna deal with Amy on that tho, because her being OK with Sally and Sonic being together is really weird.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Uwaaii wrote:I’m not really fond of Sonic in a relationship with someone.He’s only interested in adventure and freedom, not romance. If Sonic's going to stick with a girl, it needs to be someone who would understand that they will never catch up with him, wouldn't try to force him to change, and is willing to throw away their entire life waiting or trying to keep up with him.

I actually cringe at the word "Sonally" because it reminds me of all the intense shipping and love drama by the writers that glorify unhealthy relationships (yes, I know it was a long time ago). I'm not against Sonally itself as long as it’s not the main focus and keep the flirting to a certain level. IDK how they're gonna deal with Amy on that tho, because her being OK with Sally and Sonic being together is really weird.
Well, maybe I'm fond with that (the "Sonally" stuff), but the Post-Super Genesis Wave issues are almost like the games, but with the Freedom Fighters and other characters made for the comics.
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby TurboTailz » Mon May 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Uwaaii wrote:

Sonally from Satam sure! Sonally from comics...meh wasn't like the original source however Ian had leveled it out once things started flowing right for both characters to connect and Amy understanding where her place was with in Sonic. New continuity can work for Sonally cause I know its in good hands if the concept can be implemented to the series.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:36 pm

TurboTailz wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:

Sonally from Satam sure! Sonally from comics...meh wasn't like the original source however Ian had leveled it out once things started flowing right for both characters to connect and Amy understanding where her place was with in Sonic. New continuity can work for Sonally cause I know its in good hands if the concept can be implemented to the series.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that they'll kiss once Sonic and the other people save both worlds at the end of "Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite"... (I hope...)
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby WiNTER BELLS » Mon May 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Uwaaii wrote:I actually cringe at the word "Sonally" because it reminds me of all the intense shipping and love drama by the writers that glorify unhealthy relationships (yes, I know it was a long time ago). I'm not against Sonally itself as long as it’s not the main focus and keep the flirting to a certain level. IDK how they're gonna deal with Amy on that tho, because her being OK with Sally and Sonic being together is really weird.

I kind of mentally retcon a lot of the Pre-Ian Sonic+Sally drama, but I still really like the coupling. The relationship helped bring a new dimension to both characters, but I very much agree with you in regards to how out of hand it would get. I'm, personally, fine with an occasional issue that has a focus on the relationship, but beyond that keep it simple if not subtle.
I think they "explained" that Amy just kind of figured that she'd win out in the long run thanks to the rather drawn out nature of Sonic and Sally's relationship, but would still get a bit tense when it would come up...
WiNTER BELLS
BumbleFan

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:06 pm

WiNTER BELLS wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:I actually cringe at the word "Sonally" because it reminds me of all the intense shipping and love drama by the writers that glorify unhealthy relationships (yes, I know it was a long time ago). I'm not against Sonally itself as long as it’s not the main focus and keep the flirting to a certain level. IDK how they're gonna deal with Amy on that tho, because her being OK with Sally and Sonic being together is really weird.

I kind of mentally retcon a lot of the Pre-Ian Sonic+Sally drama, but I still really like the coupling. The relationship helped bring a new dimension to both characters, but I very much agree with you in regards to how out of hand it would get. I'm, personally, fine with an occasional issue that has a focus on the relationship, but beyond that keep it simple if not subtle.
I think they "explained" that Amy just kind of figured that she'd win out in the long run thanks to the rather drawn out nature of Sonic and Sally's relationship, but would still get a bit tense when it would come up...
I actually kinda like both the Pre-Flynn romantic dramas of Sonally and the Flynn romantic dramas of Sonally. It's kinda cute for "Sonic" fans to see Sonic and Sally kissing. (Thought that Tails said it's gross to see them do that? I think so...)
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 am

Okay, so we have 20 votes here. Over 14% of people have voted for "No", 4% of people have voted for "Yes", and 2% of people have voted for "Have no idea". Remember guys, the voting is not over until the "Worlds Unite" crossover ends! So, keep on voting!
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby ChaosJam » Tue May 19, 2015 10:36 am

MarioandSonic999 wrote:Okay, so we have 20 votes here. Over 14% of people have voted for "No", 4% of people have voted for "Yes", and 2% of people have voted for "Have no idea". Remember guys, the voting is not over until the "Worlds Unite" crossover ends! So, keep on voting!

Okay I am just going to ask...why do you think Worlds Unite is going to restore their romantic relationship? There is exactly ZERO evidence to say that anything is going back to pre-reboot following Worlds Unite. Worlds Collide's outcome, at least for Sonic's side, was the result of "the Pendering", otherwise we would have gone back to the old continuity. You keep saying Worlds Unite is somehow going to play into Sonic/Sally's old romantic relationship which doesn't make sense.
Voting on this board isn't somehow going to change it either. Now my response would be different if you were just asking if people wouldn't mind seeing it come back, but the way your wording everything makes me think you are expecting the outcome from your poll; which currently isn't in your favor.

Am I being blunt? Yes because I feel I need to. Am I being rude? I'm really trying not to be but these types of topics have become a growing trend on this board that is getting out of control. The whole Sonic/Sally thing has been beaten to death over and over and seeing these types of posts is probably the reason Ian has dropped it for now. Just like him, I am getting tired of it too, but that's my opinion. The whole "will they/won't they" thing got me burnt out to the point where I was glad to see her and Monkey Khan enter a possible relationship during the Iron Dominion arch. Finally someone was doing something different besides a love triangle. A break is much needed at this point while the new universe settles.

Also read the board rules, avoid double posting.
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Kellox » Tue May 19, 2015 12:37 pm

I like the paring but I dont like it to be canon. I can't imagine Sonic being serious in a relationship anddd

Sonic is confirmed not to be a romantic guy who into relationships.
Two one of Sega mandates is for Amy Rose never to give up on her crush and will keep chasing Sonic even if he is in a relationship with someone else. This would imo make Amy Rose look like a pretty mean girl and I personally prefer Ian's method that Amy doesn't give up but loves Sonic to the point she is happy when he is happy. I don't like the stereotype of girls chasing guys who are already taken. That personally just doesn't sit well with me. So I do not want to see that happening there is a big reason why I like Amy Rose from Ian's writing way over Amy Rose from Sonic X.

What I do like to see is the flirt and banter between the two, if we can have sonamy fanservice why not sonally fanservice as well? everyone is happy and no couple is getting the pet peev treatment.
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby TurboTailz » Tue May 19, 2015 12:51 pm

ChaosJam wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:Am I being blunt? Yes because I feel I need to. Am I being rude? I'm really trying not to be but these types of topics have become a growing trend on this board that is getting out of control. The whole Sonic/Sally thing has been beaten to death over and over and seeing these types of posts is probably the reason Ian has dropped it for now. Just like him, I am getting tired of it too, but that's my opinion. The whole "will they/won't they" thing got me burnt out to the point where I was glad to see her and Monkey Khan enter a possible relationship during the Iron Dominion arch. Finally someone was doing something different besides a love triangle. A break is much needed at this point while the new universe settles.

Really? redundant protagonist love interests threads made Ian dropped the concept temporary or was it something else? I mean if you was a writer you should expect potential protagonist love interests threads as a hot topic especially if it's been going on for a while like Lois x Clark, Lina x Gourry and many more similar to that. However you can say Penders did put a deep wound on Sonic x Sally many of times and the slap was pretty much a shot in those characters faces and fans. That was out of Sally's character just like reboot Fiona. That crap did hurt a lot of fans and probably drove many to be disinterest in Sonic comics. I think what many Sonally fans want..well I know I do is a stable relationship between the two and it doesn't have to be much romance. Of course there's Amy as the love triangle rival and there's no escape from that, but Ian handle that concept pretty well.

As for the OP well I already know the outcome that end of World's Unite concept won't happen because it doesn't fit the theme. He can post whatever he wants and if it gets out of hand then the mods will attack.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:56 pm

TurboTailz wrote:
ChaosJam wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:Am I being blunt? Yes because I feel I need to. Am I being rude? I'm really trying not to be but these types of topics have become a growing trend on this board that is getting out of control. The whole Sonic/Sally thing has been beaten to death over and over and seeing these types of posts is probably the reason Ian has dropped it for now. Just like him, I am getting tired of it too, but that's my opinion. The whole "will they/won't they" thing got me burnt out to the point where I was glad to see her and Monkey Khan enter a possible relationship during the Iron Dominion arch. Finally someone was doing something different besides a love triangle. A break is much needed at this point while the new universe settles.

Really? redundant protagonist love interests threads made Ian dropped the concept temporary or was it something else? I mean if you was a writer you should expect potential protagonist love interests threads as a hot topic especially if it's been going on for a while like Lois x Clark, Lina x Gourry and many more similar to that. However you can say Penders did put a deep wound on Sonic x Sally many of times and the slap was pretty much a shot in those characters faces and fans. That was out of Sally's character just like reboot Fiona. That crap did hurt a lot of fans and probably drove many to be disinterest in Sonic comics. I think what many Sonally fans want..well I know I do is a stable relationship between the two and it doesn't have to be much romance. Of course there's Amy as the love triangle rival and there's no escape from that, but Ian handle that concept pretty well.

As for the OP well I already know the outcome that concept won't happen because it doesn't fit the theme right now. He can post whatever he wants and if it gets out of hand then the mods will attack.
I made the topic because it was just a speculation for "Sonic" fans for whether Sonic and Sally would be in love again or not. And it doesn't have to do with Ken Penders, either. Either I know, it would be fan fiction for a topic like that...
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius