One Minute Melee: Sonic vs Flash HUGE Controversy

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: One Minute Melee: Sonic vs Flash HUGE Controversy

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 16, 2015 9:17 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Remember golden age when super hero were ridiculously powerful? Well, looks like DC felt nostalgic and we're back where we started :P.

One could probably argue that Sonic could go Super and stop Flash with Chaos Control, but I still don't give a dang. :D

Do we know exactly how Chaos control works, though? seems like it allows Sonic and Shadow to teleport, or jump through wormholes made by chaos emeralds, or just go really fast.

Problem with that is that Flash can run fast enough to time travel without help, and he has a teleporting villain who doesn't need an outside source to teleport and he can defeat her just fine

EDIT: Let me put it this way: the flash is more powerful than Super Man. image Where super man has a bunch of powers, Flash has one power and has mastered that power beyond any other character in DC
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat May 16, 2015 11:27 am

In theory Chaos Control warps time and space, so Sonic could freeze Flash to the stand still and spin dash his head off.

After watching "Superman VS Goku" Death Battle I wouldn't be so sure that Flash is stronger then him.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 16, 2015 12:43 pm

I still have a hard time believing a guy who can perceive events faster than time itself can would have trouble dodging a "chaos control spin dash"
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat May 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Y'know I'd understand the "Controversy" (Add that to the ridiculous list of words we're just throwing around nowadays) better if this was Death Battle which prides itself on using canonical facts to gage characters skills.

But this made it clear this is for fun. There's no research because this literally is only to see two characters beat the crap out of each other.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby ShadowBat20 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Anyone who says that Sonic could beat the Flash has no idea what they're talking about.

For example, let's start with Flash's Perception, shall we? I'll post an edited version of a popular image that explains how broken the Flash is here it is

What do we know just from this? Well, that Flash Can

Think at the speed of light (Sonic can't do that)
perceive events shorter than an attosecond (Sonic's never been shown to perceive things differently than people)
run faster than time (sonic needs special poles and a strange planet to do that).

Now, there are people here that are saying that speed doesn't equal power. To them I say, they don't know Sir Isaac Newton.

Force = Mass * Acceleration

Flash is certainly more massive than the 3-foot tall Sonic, and can definitely accelerate faster than him (do you see how slow sonic takes to get going?). A punch that the Flash has would have more OOMPH to it than Sonic throwing his whole body.

I mean, if an average male has a mass of 70 kilograms, and the flash is going at the speed of light, that's much more to multiply than Sonic being half the size of a person going at the speed of sound.

That is, of course, if you assume his max speed is the speed of light and not something even more [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/29msjqeh5tsk4b6/Attosecondcensored.png?dl=0[ridiculous[/url]

EDIT: Even if Sonic used the chaos emeralds, what would he do? Flash would just outrun him until Sonic runs out of rings.

THANK YOU. People greatly underestimate the Flash's power. I mean, in the recent Convergence comic, for example, Wally West knocked out an evil Wonder Woman WITH ONE KICK TO THE HEAD. As he described it:
The Flash wrote:My foot hits her skull at half the speed of light, with the relativistic mass of a small moon.

Sonic has never done anything like that, and all Flashes pull feats like that all the time. Flash stomps Sonic HARD.

But, still, it was just a fun little fight with no research put into it, so whatevs. :P
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Mordum » Sat May 16, 2015 3:24 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Y'know I'd understand the "Controversy" (Add that to the ridiculous list of words we're just throwing around nowadays) better if this was Death Battle which prides itself on using canonical facts to gage characters skills.

You don't understand.

How many miles Sonic can run more than Flash is the most important part of his character.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby The Swordsman » Sat May 16, 2015 4:09 pm

I think some people are under estimating how fast Sonic is...

List of Feats
* Outran a lighting bolt in Sonic X.
* Almost outran a black hole in Sonic Colors.
* Vibrated his and Tails molecules so fast he was able to phase through Caterkiller's metal shell to get inside in the Archie Comics.
* Defeated Perfect Chaos in base form in Sonic Generations. How does this count you ask? Well according to Tikal in SA1 to do damage to Perfect Chaos Super Sonic had to ram into him at light speed, this means Sonic has gotten faster since SA1 and can go at light speed without using the emeralds or his light speed attack.
* Beat Ultimate Emerl in under 30 seconds while in base form in Sonic Battle.
* Becomes even faster in both super and hyper forms
* Ran around the world in seconds in his first fight against the EGG Beater in the Archie Comics.

So while he might not be as powerful as flash since he is smaller, he still should be able to keep up with him.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby Penguin God » Sat May 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Flash has outrun instant teleportation, the concept of death, and himself (in addition to a billion other things.) Sonic's fast, no doubt, but he's absolutely nowhere close to the Fastest Man Alive. The two simply operate on entirely different scales, and that's not a disservice to either.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Sparky » Sat May 16, 2015 5:02 pm

I really don't feel like getting into another Sonic vs Flash debate at the moment.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby The Swordsman » Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Penguin God wrote:Flash has outrun instant teleportation, the concept of death, and himself (in addition to a billion other things.) Sonic's fast, no doubt, but he's absolutely nowhere close to the Fastest Man Alive. The two simply operate on entirely different scales, and that's not a disservice to either.

How does one outrun death exactly? :shock:
Your right though, reminds me of how overpowered Super Man was compared to Goku.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 16, 2015 5:39 pm

The Swordsman wrote:I think some people are under estimating how fast Sonic is...

List of Feats
* Vibrated his and Tails molecules so fast he was able to phase through Caterkiller's metal shell to get inside in the Archie Comics.
* Defeated Perfect Chaos in base form in Sonic Generations. How does this count you ask? Well according to Tikal in SA1 to do damage to Perfect Chaos Super Sonic had to ram into him at light speed, this means Sonic has gotten faster since SA1 and can go at light speed without using the emeralds or his light speed attack.
* Ran around the world in seconds in his first fight against the EGG Beater in the Archie Comics.

So while he might not be as powerful as flash since he is smaller, he still should be able to keep up with him.

did you miss the comic page where the flash went trillions of times faster than the speed of light?

Sparky wrote:I really don't feel like getting into another Sonic vs Flash debate at the moment.

There SHOULDN'T be a debate. Anyone who is a fan of both should know that the Flash is far beyond Sonic's skills.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby The Swordsman » Sat May 16, 2015 6:24 pm

I don't read DC comics.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat May 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Anyone who says that Sonic could beat the Flash has no idea what they're talking about.

It's entirely possible, depending on the conditions. Lex Luthor could potentially beat the crap out of Superman... if he had Kryptonite on hand.

Incidentally, I don't think Sonic would have left Flash a bloody mess as he did here, so that's a factor to consider against Sonic as well.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ShadowBat20 » Sat May 16, 2015 6:58 pm

The Swordsman wrote:
Penguin God wrote:Flash has outrun instant teleportation, the concept of death, and himself (in addition to a billion other things.) Sonic's fast, no doubt, but he's absolutely nowhere close to the Fastest Man Alive. The two simply operate on entirely different scales, and that's not a disservice to either.

How does one outrun death exactly? :shock:
Your right though, reminds me of how overpowered Super Man was compared to Goku.

When death is a Grim Reaper-Flash whose job is to bring in speedsters.

Comics are weird. :P

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

It's entirely possible, depending on the conditions. Lex Luthor could potentially beat the crap out of Superman... if he had Kryptonite on hand.

Incidentally, I don't think Sonic would have left Flash a bloody mess as he did here, so that's a factor to consider against Sonic as well.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Oh, definitely. It's entirely possible for Sonic to beat Flash, depending on a number of factors. I mean, if Spider-Man can beat a Herald of Galactus, anything is possible.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Sparky » Sat May 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:I think some people are under estimating how fast Sonic is...

List of Feats

did you miss the comic page where the flash went trillions of times faster than the speed of light?

Sparky wrote:I really don't feel like getting into another Sonic vs Flash debate at the moment.

There SHOULDN'T be a debate. Anyone who is a fan of both should know that the Flash is far beyond Sonic's skills.

I am a fan of both and I would always be the one to list all the reasons Sonic is just as fast as the Flash, fully knowing all of the incredible stuff the Flash can do with the Speed Force, as well as the fact the Flash beat every single Marvel speedster at one point years ago.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius