One Minute Melee: Sonic vs Flash HUGE Controversy

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: One Minute Melee: Sonic vs Flash HUGE Controversy

Postby Sparky » Mon May 18, 2015 6:17 pm

The Jazzyman wrote:I think that people are missing the point. The death battle is comparing the comic book version of the Flash and the VIDEO GAME version of Sonic. Without chaos emeralds, Video game version of Sonic would get Shrek'd

I genuinely believe that Archie Sonic would beat Flash. Archie Sonic can run faster than the speed of light and can has the ability to destroy pocket universes with one punch. Before people complain that the Flash can still run faster, Sonic can 'instantaneously move' as well with Chaos control. Sonic could also just teleport the Flash into the sun ;)

Sonic does not use Chaos Control unless necessary. He only focuses on using his speed. It's also worth noting that Sonic has used time-based abilities without Chaos Control, though (Time Stop and Time Break).
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby The Jazzyman » Mon May 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Sparky wrote:
The Jazzyman wrote:I think that people are missing the point. The death battle is comparing the comic book version of the Flash and the VIDEO GAME version of Sonic. Without chaos emeralds, Video game version of Sonic would get Shrek'd

I genuinely believe that Archie Sonic would beat Flash. Archie Sonic can run faster than the speed of light and can has the ability to destroy pocket universes with one punch. Before people complain that the Flash can still run faster, Sonic can 'instantaneously move' as well with Chaos control. Sonic could also just teleport the Flash into the sun ;)

Sonic does not use Chaos Control unless necessary. He only focuses on using his speed. It's also worth noting that Sonic has used time-based abilities without Chaos Control, though (Time Stop and Time Break).

I think that just because he usually doesn't, he would use Chaos control if he needed to. Are time breaks and time stops canon to the comics though?
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Postby Sparky » Mon May 18, 2015 6:33 pm

The Jazzyman wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I think that just because he usually doesn't, he would use Chaos control if he needed to. Are time breaks and time stops canon to the comics though?

That depends.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby The Jazzyman » Mon May 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Sparky wrote:
The Jazzyman wrote:
Sparky wrote:

That depends.

It is likely canon to the new continuity, but I'm not sure about the old though.
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue May 19, 2015 4:06 am

Actually it isn't
1 Death Battle mixes all versions. Remember that Eggman used SwatBots AND classic Badniks in his fight.
2 That was ONE MINUTE MELEE, not Death Battle. Again: they do no research.

But if we ignore this point: Both Flash and Sonic had different power levels though out their history, they basically as strong as game/ comic writer/cartoon allows them too.
So if you look at their biggest achievements, then Flash is obviously stronger. Even Super Sonic can't travel though time. (Which I'm fine with. I don't want Sonic to be indestructible demigod). The only Sonic's chance is freezing time, something I described earlier. And even then, maybe Flash is so fast that he would still move. Comic Book logic.

If you look from more vague perspective, they both hold tittle of 'the fastest' in their universes (in theory anyway), so they equal. If Flynn/Sega really wants to, he can make a story in witch Sonic repeats all Flash achievements, only even faster, and DC can top it again.

If I respond in this topic one more time, then someone slaps me. I'm kinda tired of this debate and I promised myself to ignore it.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Azul » Tue May 19, 2015 8:38 am

Source plz.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby The Jazzyman » Tue May 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Azul wrote:

Source plz.

Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles

MetalSkulkBane wrote:

Actually it isn't
1 Death Battle mixes all versions. Remember that Eggman used SwatBots AND classic Badniks in his fight.
2 That was ONE MINUTE MELEE, not Death Battle. Again: they do no research.

But if we ignore this point: Both Flash and Sonic had different power levels though out their history, they basically as strong as game/ comic writer/cartoon allows them too.
So if you look at their biggest achievements, then Flash is obviously stronger. Even Super Sonic can't travel though time. (Which I'm fine with. I don't want Sonic to be indestructible demigod). The only Sonic's chance is freezing time, something I described earlier. And even then, maybe Flash is so fast that he would still move. Comic Book logic.

If you look from more vague perspective, they both hold tittle of 'the fastest' in their universes (in theory anyway), so they equal. If Flynn/Sega really wants to, he can make a story in witch Sonic repeats all Flash achievements, only even faster, and DC can top it again.

If I respond in this topic one more time, then someone slaps me. I'm kinda tired of this debate and I promised myself to ignore it.

Don't worry, I'm aware this has no research. I just love debates!
Anyway I think that they are both as fast, but that is up for debate.
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Postby Vector » Wed May 20, 2015 3:47 am

Azul wrote:So Screw Attack released a One Minute Melee featuring Sonic and Flash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX_8GSK ... e=youtu.be You have to refer to the comments section for the various debates. However, the comment that caught my attention the most was one made from rmtsapphire0 which made garnered over 400 replies. It gets real interesting towards the bottom though. Massive controversy in the works. Even if it says "no research," that did not stop people from bringing in the facts. What do you guys think?

I think you need to put less importance on youtube comments for your own health.
Vector
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius