One Minute Melee: Sonic vs Flash HUGE Controversy

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

One Minute Melee: Sonic vs Flash HUGE Controversy

Postby Azul » Fri May 15, 2015 2:09 pm

So Screw Attack released a One Minute Melee featuring Sonic and Flash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX_8GSK ... e=youtu.be You have to refer to the comments section for the various debates. However, the comment that caught my attention the most was one made from rmtsapphire0 which made garnered over 400 replies. It gets real interesting towards the bottom though. Massive controversy in the works. Even if it says "no research," that did not stop people from bringing in the facts. What do you guys think?
Azul
BumbleKnight

Re: One Minute Melee: Sonic vs Flash HUGE Controversy

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri May 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Eh, the Chaos Emeralds were kind of a cheat but I thought it was a fun watch.

I don't take Death Battle very seriously it's just a fun show to watch two different characters beat the crap out of each other. I could care less who wins I'm just having fun with them.

Same for this. This is the first 1-minute Melee I've ever seen but it just seems like it's for the same purpose.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri May 15, 2015 2:39 pm

1 rmtsapphire0? I really don't like nicknames like that. :P

2 No research means no research. I wouldn't be surprised if Flash was stronger thanks to the "Speed Force", but honestly I don't give a dang. This show is just for spectacle, not logic. People are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overacting. :roll:
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Azul » Fri May 15, 2015 3:12 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Eh, the Chaos Emeralds were kind of a cheat but I thought it was a fun watch.

I don't take Death Battle very seriously it's just a fun show to watch two different characters beat the crap out of each other. I could care less who wins I'm just having fun with them.

Same for this. This is the first 1-minute Melee I've ever seen but it just seems like it's for the same purpose.

I agree. Its annoying that in these fantasy fights, they often have Sonic use the emeralds to give him an edge.
MetalSkulkBane wrote:1 rmtsapphire0? I really don't like nicknames like that. :P

2 No research means no research. I wouldn't be surprised if Flash was stronger thanks to the "Speed Force", but honestly I don't give a dang. This show is just for spectacle, not logic. People are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overacting. :roll:

What do you mean by stronger? Faster maybe, but the Flash only has average man strength.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri May 15, 2015 3:21 pm

I mean "more powerful", I thought it's obvious.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Azul » Fri May 15, 2015 3:25 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:I mean "more powerful", I thought it's obvious.

The Speed Force only makes him faster. Powerful doesn't only necessarily apply to strength. Also, Sonic is stronger than Flash. The Flash needs to use his speed to achieve superhuman feats of strength aka hitting really hard. Sonic doesn't necessarily need to.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri May 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Ok, OK, geeez. I wanted to say "I wouldn't be surprised if Flash was more powerful", I DIDN'T MEANT PSYCHICAL STRENGTH. Please, let's drop that subject.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby The Swordsman » Fri May 15, 2015 6:46 pm

I liked the fight though I wish it was a Death Battle instead.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby Sparky » Fri May 15, 2015 7:08 pm

That video proves that Sonic and the Flash are pretty much equal and would have tied. The only reason Sonic won is because he transformed into Super Sonic and was thus superior to the Flash.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat May 16, 2015 3:39 am

Sparky wrote:That video proves that Sonic and the Flash are pretty much equal and would have tied. The only reason Sonic won is because he transformed into Super Sonic and was thus superior to the Flash.

Well, it proves nothing. "No research", remember?
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby WiNTER BELLS » Sat May 16, 2015 5:46 am

I know nothing about the Flash, but I do know people who read up on him a lot...

From what I've heard, some incarnations of The Flash can transfer an infinite amount of kinetic energy into a single object which is pretty huge especially considering he runs far beyond the speed of light. Couple that with the ability to "vibrate" through solid matter...

Well let's just say the results can be very messy indeed...

As for Sonic, he's not nearly as fast (currently) as The Flash (That's probably for the better, imo. DC and Marvel tend to go overboard with things like this). If anything the Chaos Emeralds are the main trump card. Sonic's also a living X factor if you take him from the comics... maybe... still not certain where we are in the Comics at this point.

If I were to place bets, I'd go with The Flash. In the end though, it's a futile, if not amusing, debate between apples and oranges...
WiNTER BELLS
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 16, 2015 8:01 am

Anyone who says that Sonic could beat the Flash has no idea what they're talking about.

For example, let's start with Flash's Perception, shall we? I'll post an edited version of a popular image that explains how broken the Flash is here it is

What do we know just from this? Well, that Flash Can

Think at the speed of light (Sonic can't do that)
perceive events shorter than an attosecond (Sonic's never been shown to perceive things differently than people)
run faster than time (sonic needs special poles and a strange planet to do that).

Now, there are people here that are saying that speed doesn't equal power. To them I say, they don't know Sir Isaac Newton.

Force = Mass * Acceleration

Flash is certainly more massive than the 3-foot tall Sonic, and can definitely accelerate faster than him (do you see how slow sonic takes to get going?). A punch that the Flash has would have more OOMPH to it than Sonic throwing his whole body.

I mean, if an average male has a mass of 70 kilograms, and the flash is going at the speed of light, that's much more to multiply than Sonic being half the size of a person going at the speed of sound.

That is, of course, if you assume his max speed is the speed of light and not something even more [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/29msjqeh5tsk4b6/Attosecondcensored.png?dl=0[ridiculous[/url]

EDIT: Even if Sonic used the chaos emeralds, what would he do? Flash would just outrun him until Sonic runs out of rings.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby TurboTailz » Sat May 16, 2015 8:35 am

Flash no matter what can beat Sonic normal base mode even if it was one minute melee. When those two charged up at the end I figured Flash would had the upper hand. Sonic would have to go super to access unlimited speed / power to actually cut through Flash.

The same can be said for Shadow vs Vegeta. Shadow had no chance of winning except if he only teleported him to the Sun.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat May 16, 2015 8:40 am

Remember golden age when super hero were ridiculously powerful? Well, looks like DC felt nostalgic and we're back where we started :P.

One could probably argue that Sonic could go Super and stop Flash with Chaos Control, but I still don't give a dang. :D
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby TurboTailz » Sat May 16, 2015 8:46 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Remember golden age when super hero were ridiculously powerful? Well, looks like DC felt nostalgic and we're back where we started :P.

One could probably argue that Sonic could go Super and stop Flash with Chaos Control, but I still don't give a dang. :D

Knowing super hero comic books is that most go through evolution and powers expand. If Sonic was good done the same way then you'll have Sally and Sonic as unstoppable duos while Tails developed godlike powers.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius