Evil vs. evil-want more?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Evil vs. evil-want more?

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed May 13, 2015 10:43 pm

So this was inspired by MetalSkulkBane's "Good vs. good" thread, if you couldn't guess from the title. Just thought I'd put the question out there: how do people feel about "Evil vs. evil" interactions in the comics, and do we want to see more in times to come?

Personally, I've always been a fan of a good villain throwdown-there's just something about two bad guys going at it. Anyone who's kept an eye on my various posts over the years knows that Darkest Storm is one of my favorite arcs, and the Mogul and Destructix vs. Naugus and Arachne action was definitely part of what drew me into it. Sure, villain fights do have the habit of ending with the older (in terms of introduction to the series) bad guy winning-Darkest Storm being a case in point-unless there's a new bad guy that they really want to showcase, but I still find it a pretty interesting concept. What little we've gotten in the way of Robotnik vs. Naugus was certainly different, as there seems to be a real tug of war as to who's on top there-it depends on what gadgetry Robotnik happens to have on hand.

Now, so far evil vs. evil has been pretty much nonexistent since the reboot-I can't think of any instances of robots still controlled by Robotnik fighting Dark Gaia's minions, and of course that Nack vs. Bean fight during Champions was more of a joke than anything. But as the rogues' gallery continues to expand-hopefully with more and more villains either unaffiliated with Robotnik or confident enough in their powers/resources that they feel they can actually fight him-is anyone else hoping to see some more villain against villain action?
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Re: Evil vs. evil-want more?

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Thu May 14, 2015 1:36 am

I second it. It kinda tricky to pull of (since we still have to focus on main heroes), but I looove bad guys fighting each other. I mean, if 'evil' isn't one big family, if one wants to take over the worlds, others are his enemies to. Fights like this happen quite often.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicfoamyfan9805 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 am

Isn't the scrambled arc kinda evil vs evil?
sonicfoamyfan9805
BumbleNewbie

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu May 14, 2015 2:52 pm

sonicfoamyfan9805 wrote:Isn't the scrambled arc kinda evil vs evil?

Definitely man-I thought about that one but didn't post anything on it. But yeah, totally is-Snively finally breaks away from Robotnik for the last time and tries to take over the Eggman Empire by convincing Hope and Regina to join him, only to be force into a direct battle with Robotnik. It's also an example of the most likely case of evil vs. evil we'd see in the new reality: some villain trying to take on Robotnik.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:15 am

Evil VS Evil are th BEST fights. In Good VS Evil, Good always wins (the vast, vast majority of the time), in good VS good no one wins in the comic, but it Evil VS Evil, you can have unexpected victories. Also, the bad guys can really have no hands barred knock out fights.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Uwaaii » Fri May 15, 2015 5:39 pm

I would like to see more evil vs evil too. There is always someone victorious, you don't know which side will win (unless its pretty obvious), and they don’t really get that “but he/she wouldn’t do that!” type of complaint much.

Most of the bad guys are under the Egg army and somewhat loyal, so I would like to see more evil characters that are against both Eggman and the FF. Like they hate each other and only form alliance when really really needed. I guess Breezie, Naugus, and Mogul (does he still exist?) is in that role but we’re not seeing any fights yet.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby sonicfoamyfan9805 » Fri May 15, 2015 7:13 pm

i think some pre worlds collide issues were really building up stuff like eggman vs nagus
really nagus vs the battle lord was really lame, im cool that tracy made him strong, but i think in actual fight would have been better
sonicfoamyfan9805
BumbleNewbie

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat May 16, 2015 3:38 am

Uwaaii wrote:Most of the bad guys are under the Egg army and somewhat loyal, so I would like to see more evil characters that are against both Eggman and the FF. Like they hate each other and only form alliance when really really needed. I guess Breezie, Naugus, and Mogul (does he still exist?) is in that role but we’re not seeing any fights yet.

Mogul is gone. But I could see Eclipse, Captain Metal or Phage fighting.

sonicfoamyfan9805 wrote:i think some pre worlds collide issues were really building up stuff like eggman vs nagus
really nagus vs the battle lord was really lame, im cool that tracy made him strong, but i think in actual fight would have been better

Yeah, Nagus Vs Armada was pathetic. It kinda annoyed me how useless became Nagus after becoming a king.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Uwaaii » Sat May 16, 2015 5:33 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:
Uwaaii wrote:Most of the bad guys are under the Egg army and somewhat loyal, so I would like to see more evil characters that are against both Eggman and the FF. Like they hate each other and only form alliance when really really needed. I guess Breezie, Naugus, and Mogul (does he still exist?) is in that role but we’re not seeing any fights yet.

Mogul is gone. But I could see Eclipse, Captain Metal or Phage fighting.

Darn, completely forgot about them. I still get mixed up on which character (mostly villains) are still there and who’s gone, even after they appear post-reboot.

Phage would be a pretty nice threat for the enemies to fight if she learns how to materialize herself in the real (?) world. Wonder if she’ll have a “body” or stay as that weird glob/spark thing.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun May 17, 2015 3:17 am

From old universe left are
- Games characters (from Sonic to Bean and Bark)
- Satam characters (FF, Nagus, Snively, etc)
- Bow and few Egg Bosses
- Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts

New Universe gave us/ introduced
- Relic, Moss the Sloth, Meropis, Ellidy
- Cap Metal, Eclipse, Phage, few Egg bosses
- Breezie, Honey, Schlemmer, all Unleased stuff
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Uwaaii » Mon May 18, 2015 4:55 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:From old universe left are
- Games characters (from Sonic to Bean and Bark)
- Satam characters (FF, Nagus, Snively, etc)
- Bow and few Egg Bosses
- Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts

New Universe gave us/ introduced
- Relic, Moss the Sloth, Meropis, Ellidy
- Cap Metal, Eclipse, Phage, few Egg bosses
- Breezie, Honey, Schlemmer, all Unleased stuff

Thank you so much for the list; wow, a lot more characters were wiped from existence than I thought.

So if we separate the into groups we have
    1. Eggman & his army of Egg bosses + Phage
    2. Eclipse and the Black arms
    3. Breezie (if she counts as an enemy) with Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts
    4. Nagus
    5. Cap Metal
    6. Dark gaia and all those enemies from Unleashed
    7. Etc.
As enemies?

I would really like to see more Nagus again, fighting either one of the Dark Gaia minions or Eclipse
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue May 19, 2015 4:19 am

I would add Metal Sonic, probably Snively, Hooligans (Fang, Bean, Bark) and I think that Battle Armanda still exist (no proves though), but yes, that's a the list.

I would love to see Nagus in action, but that raises the question what powers he has now. Still master of elements or are is this power dead with Preboot world?
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Return to This Side of Mobius