Sonic Characters: Best Reincarnations

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Characters: Best reincarnations

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 am

Meliden wrote:-Basically every other SatAM character bar Dulcy is better in the comic. I was always more neutral on them in the cartoon, but they're just more fitting here. Dulcy hasn't really been utilised in the comic, hence why she's the exception (seriously, since #160, she's cameo's at the wedding and her soul ripped from her body cameo'd as a Prelate. Not exactly time for fleshing out).

I'm not sure if the person who drew this version of Dulcy posts here (I have my suspicions), but I personally think it's an excellent re-design and I'd like to see it (or something like it) in the Archie comics.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby TurboTailz » Wed May 13, 2015 11:45 am

Tails is..Tails?
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby sonicfoamyfan9805 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Archie sonic has really grown on me. He's the perfect of aditude and heart, that goes for tails too, espeacliy seeing as he still physical things, in x he was just the tech guy and their designated driver which the games carried over, he's slowly becoming more relevant scince I'd say colors. As a kid it really irked me that in x he couldn't fight, but was playable in games like adventure 1, the advanced trilogy and battle, fighters. I mean the kid can fly you think they'd take advantage of that, I know I did.
X shadow though, I think had a lot of potential it was the first thing that really showed his anti hero shades but he was way to op
sonicfoamyfan9805
BumbleNewbie

Postby The Jazzyman » Wed May 13, 2015 9:20 pm

WiNTER BELLS wrote:-Robotnik- I absolutely adored Ian's pre-reboot Robotnik. He was a villain who looked eccentric, but his actions made him terrifying. He also had a bit of a gift for being able to go from goofy to downright evil looking with a simple twist of expression... I've not seen much of this post reboot, but I'll give it time. He actually made it to my favorite villains of all time #1 spot, so it goes without saying that I miss him...
-Sonic- I liked watching this character develop both as a hero of Mobius, and within his relationship. Again... I like the Pre-reboot Sonic the best as the current one seems to be rather 2-D in character thus far (As far as I've read), but not nearly as "paper thin" as the Sonic from the games.
-Sally- I actually really liked the pre-reboot Sally... she had her rough spots to say the least during Ken's time, but let's ignore that... She had a balanced set of skills with her forte being Tactics. If Sonic is the wrench in Robotnik's plans, then Sally is the hand who put it there. Post-reboot is more of the same, save I really hate her new look... Still waiting to see if she has any of the depth she has pre-reboot.
-Side Note- Not going to lie... I really miss the Sonally relationship. I'm not one to ship, but the clash and mesh of personalities between these two was great. I honestly hope Ian's able to work some of his "magic" in this area...
-Amy- I always really liked Amy, and I still like Amy... Ian's take on Amy is still the best... Fangirl Thor sums it up nicely I think...

I'd hardly call Ian "perfect", but he is the sole reason why I actually grew to like Sonic and company. Ken bogged the cast down with too much convoluted, and at times inconsistent, plot. and Sega simply wastes potential... Sonic is such a simple yet brilliant product of design, yet most of the time he's slapped with the curse of people trying to make him interesting by putting him in an interesting situation, rather than making Sonic himself interesting.

These comments pretty much reflect my opinions. Especially with Robotnik's personality and with pre-reboot Sally. And I did think that the Sonally relationship was good.
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat May 16, 2015 2:11 am

Matt7325 wrote:
Sonic Characters: Best reincarnations

Best incarnations. Otherwise it sounds like which character had the best return after death. ;)

That's what I was playing off, but I'm not sure anyone picked up on it...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Re: Sonic Characters: Best Reincarnations

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat May 16, 2015 3:25 am

Meh, too late to change it now. :P
Let's pretend that every time you get hit without rings, Sonic wake ups in a new cartoons or comics.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius