Old Continuity Unanswered Questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Old Continuity Unanswered Questions

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:20 am

My intention for this thread is to differentiate it from any information The Lost Hedgehog Tales might present. The difference being the Lost Hedgehog Tales are Ian’s ideas moving forward with the old timeline, while the goal of this thread is to discuss any questions lingering from the old continuity that are unlikely to be answered. Since we do not know the content of the Lost Hedgehog Tales, it might have some overlap, but here’s hoping we can keep this focused on the erased continuity!

So here are a few questions I thought about relating to the old Timeline:

1. What happened to Overlord Charlemagne?
Although incredibly minor and only referenced a handful of times, this guy must have been pretty epic. He united a society of dangerous and aggressive people under one banner. He then led them successfully until his defeat at the hands of the Mobian King. Then he disappeared. He wasn’t exiled, he wasn’t killed, he just vanished. Where did he go?

2. How did Sonic survive the hexed Master Emerald when he fought Knuxjak?
The Master emerald was hexed, but Sonic somehow bypassed the hex and wasn’t killed. Locke used the emerald after Sonic, and was killed. Even Finitevus himself expressed surprise that Sonic wasn’t killed. So what happened there? How did Sonic bypass the hex, but Locke did not? Locke used the emerald after Sonic after all.

3. Why did Bean desert the Battle Bird Armada?

4 .Who were Robotnik’s actual parents? We met a lot of his extended family, but never his actual parents. I think we saw a few photos of them, and I think it was mentioned that they were killed in some manner, but did we ever really learn about them?

5. Who was Vector’s adopted father?
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Re: Old Continuity Unanswered Questions

Postby Betz! » Mon May 11, 2015 9:28 am

Astrobot7000 wrote:My intention for this thread is to differentiate it from any information The Lost Hedgehog Tales might present. The difference being the Lost Hedgehog Tales are Ian’s ideas moving forward with the old timeline, while the goal of this thread is to discuss any questions lingering from the old continuity that are unlikely to be answered. Since we do not know the content of the Lost Hedgehog Tales, it might have some overlap, but here’s hoping we can keep this focused on the erased continuity!

So here are a few questions I thought about relating to the old Timeline:

1. What happened to Overlord Charlemagne?
Although incredibly minor and only referenced a handful of times, this guy must have been pretty epic. He united a society of dangerous and aggressive people under one banner. He then led them successfully until his defeat at the hands of the Mobian King. Then he disappeared. He wasn’t exiled, he wasn’t killed, he just vanished. Where did he go?

2. How did Sonic survive the hexed Master Emerald when he fought Knuxjak?
The Master emerald was hexed, but Sonic somehow bypassed the hex and wasn’t killed. Locke used the emerald after Sonic, and was killed. Even Finitevus himself expressed surprise that Sonic wasn’t killed. So what happened there? How did Sonic bypass the hex, but Locke did not? Locke used the emerald after Sonic after all.

3. Why did Bean desert the Battle Bird Armada?

4 .Who were Robotnik’s actual parents? We met a lot of his extended family, but never his actual parents. I think we saw a few photos of them, and I think it was mentioned that they were killed in some manner, but did we ever really learn about them?

5. Who was Vector’s adopted father?

Something called Lost Hedgehog Tales should be able to answer some of those.
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:33 am

Well, as stated, the intent of this topic is to discuss the lingering questions that may not be addressed by the Lost Hedgehog Tales. It's pretty much a guess at this point as to what will and will not be covered in Ian's Lost Tales, so we have to try to use discretion as to what would not qualify for insertion into Lost Tales. Something like "What were the 7 master works" will probabaly be covered, but its conceivable that "What happened to the Overlord" will not.
Last edited by Astrobot7000 on Tue May 12, 2015 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon May 11, 2015 9:46 am

2 and 5 will probably be answered.

1 might be answered too, but other option is that he did same think as Unlce Chuck after roboticising his brother: felt great shame so moved from people who know him and started new life, trying to forget his past.

3 If he was already crazy, then they probably threw him out.

4 NO ONE CARES. Seriously, it doesn't matter. It wasn't hinted that it's someone important, as far we know they were normal folks.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Vampfox » Mon May 11, 2015 10:01 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:
4 NO ONE CARES. Seriously, it doesn't matter. It wasn't hinted that it's someone important, as far we know they were normal folks.

I care, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby The Swordsman » Mon May 11, 2015 11:34 am

Your not, I care too.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:01 pm

The reason Robotnik's parents matter is that it shines a little bit of light on the man named Julian. Were they simple farmers who raised him right, but he was just a bad egg so he turned traitor? Were they abusive and cruel, so he grew up to be just like them? Were they distant and cold, so he became the man he did to get the deep-seated psychological attention he craves?

While none of it is insurmountable important, it does help paint a more full picture of the man.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicWindAttack » Mon May 11, 2015 1:58 pm

For 2, I'm pretty sure the hex wasn't intended to kill anyone, but corrupt them. That's how Knuckles was brainwashed into becoming Enerjak, and Finitevus believed that Sonic doing the same would corrupt him as well. But somehow, Sonic used the Master Emerald to become Super Sonic without being brainwashed (most likely due to his "positive aura"). It wasn't the hex that killed Locke, it was the spell he cast that required him to sacrifice his life to free Knuckles.

But as for another question, what was the deal with the Black Onyx? We know that it had sealed Chaos and Tikal instead of the Master Emerald, and Sonic had said it wasn't a Chaos Emerald, but we never learned anything beyond that.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon May 11, 2015 2:02 pm

3. Can still be answered. Ian has already stated the Battle Bird Armada will be returning at some point in the future, meaning their past with Bean and the Rouges can still be explored likely.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:4 NO ONE CARES. Seriously, it doesn't matter. It wasn't hinted that it's someone important, as far we know they were normal folks.

This was completely uncalled for.
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:3. Can still be answered. Ian has already stated the Battle Bird Armada will be returning at some point in the future, meaning their past with Bean and the Rouges can still be explored likely.

Very well then. We can scratch that one from the list. I hope it is still addressed though, because it would be really fun to see a small bit of Bean's Armada history.

SonicWindAttack wrote:But as for another question, what was the deal with the Black Onyx? We know that it had sealed Chaos and Tikal instead of the Master Emerald, and Sonic had said it wasn't a Chaos Emerald, but we never learned anything beyond that.

Oh! Good one. I sort of always imagined it to be some sort of negatively energized reverse-master emerald.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby akessel92 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:15 pm

I think one and four are answers that the old continuity took to its own violent reality warping grave (in other words it's probably on lost hedgehog tales or even at all). honestly, I doubt those will ever be answered ever.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Oakie620 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:2. How did Sonic survive the hexed Master Emerald when he fought Knuxjak?

I'm guessing this goes hand in hand with Eggman's theory about Sonic becoming an embodiment of chaos. He developed a natural affinity with chaos energy over the years and his strong, positive willpower resisted the hex.
Oakie620
BumbleFan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Here's another one I never understood. What was the story with the Crown of Acorns being in the Hall of Limbo? Was this supposed to be a pocket that only King Acorn could reach? Was it just his own personal hammer space? Maybe it was answered, but I never really understood the idea.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Mon May 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:Here's another one I never understood. What was the story with the Crown of Acorns being in the Hall of Limbo? Was this supposed to be a pocket that only King Acorn could reach? Was it just his own personal hammer space? Maybe it was answered, but I never really understood the idea.

It became part of his mind and could only be retrieved if he reclaimed the Sword.

A silly plot contrivance? Sure. Did it prevent another boring MacGuffin quest? Absolutely.
The Shadow Emperor

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius