AoStH in Archie: Who's next?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

AoStH in Archie: Who's next?

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 am

So with Free Comic Book day we have 6 characters from "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog": Breezie, Schlemmer, 6-S Squad and Wes Weasely (even if it was only small cameo).
Who do you expect (and who do you WANT) to be next?

Personally I'm pretty content, maybe I would prefer for Wes to get more screen time. If I really had to point someone it would be
Merma (to make underwater more interesting)
Katella (I wonder if she could be turn into mobian)
Scrap Valley (maybe not characters, but I liked the concept)
and maybe Pseudo Sonic (he was in comics once, he can be again).

I'm guessing and Da Bears and MacHopper will return to fill void after all those Freedom Fighters. Off Panel in 269 mentioned Catty Carlisle, so maybe she will now lead Forget me Knots?

Other then that I'm pretty sure that Robotnik Jr and Momma Robotnik are off (expect for those cameos in off panel). Qwark, Canineinsten, Blackbot the Pirate and Captain Memo could work but they would be really redundant (we have enough pirates, geniuses and Robotnik wannabe).

And who you would want to see? Warpink? Sergeant Doberman? Sketch Lampoon? Robots from Mean Bean Machine?
Or maybe you want more Satam, like Laazar, Ari or Griff?
Last edited by MetalSkulkBane on Thu May 07, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Re: AoStH in Archie: Who's next?

Postby DoNotDelete » Thu May 07, 2015 3:58 am

'Pseudo Sonic' might be too close to being a 'Metal Sonic' for SEGA's liking - they have that whole Metal Sonic mandate thing going on.

Though we have (only recently) seen 'Neo Metal Sonic' in between the pages.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Matt7325 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:15 am

Look at it from the other angle; what types of characters is the comic missing? Clearly we had need for a female villain and a morally grey business mogul (Breezie), a sleasy PR guy (Wes), and an unusual scientist (Schlemmer) - what archetypes will the comic need and what AoStH characters could fill that void rather than having a whole new character developed?

For instance I could
Spoiler: show
see Rocket the Sloth showing up as a Freedom Fighter from another group (I actually think he'd be a cool addition to Mighty's team - Moss's nephew or something?). Or the grumpy wombat from the second episode being an occasional subterranean antagonist.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu May 07, 2015 8:14 am

I for one would love to see Eggman chased around by Katala I think it was? The Space woman who was completely in love with Robotnik.

It'd just be pretty funny.

Maybe Captain Rescue...but somehow I doubt actual Super Heroes existing in Sonic's universe would be a good idea.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Thu May 07, 2015 8:37 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I for one would love to see Eggman chased around by Katala I think it was? The Space woman who was completely in love with Robotnik.

Katella. Something tells me she wouldn't be allowed to do that anymore. Same with that weird shape-shifting ability .
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Astrobot7000 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:27 am

I think I would like to see a lot of Robotnik's old AoStH robots appear. Many of them only appeared a handful of times, but they had such fun designs and personalities that it would be really fun for them to appear again, even if only as Breezie's hench bots. Specifically, I am referring to some of these guys:

-or-

You might only remember them from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine though.

I would LOVE to see DynaMight reappear. Just imagine the conversations he could have with Bean, or even Omega. Dave Sprocket might be fun as well.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby ShadowBat20 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:52 am

Captain Memo. I'd like to see him go up against Marine.

And I know it'll never happen, but I'd also like to see Mama Robotnik and Robotnik, Jr.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Thu May 07, 2015 11:22 am

Right now, the word is what we've got is all that's planned for now. Maybe later down the line.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Xeric » Thu May 07, 2015 11:33 am

I'd like to see Katella and Professor Caninestein. Rocket the Sloth would be pretty cool to see too.
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Thu May 07, 2015 2:25 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing more AoStH characters down the line, but we really don't need more Freedom Fighter groups. I love that the reboot got rid of that lazy formula for worldbuilding.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Thu May 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Penguin God wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing more AoStH characters down the line, but we really don't need more Freedom Fighter groups. I love that the reboot got rid of that lazy formula for worldbuilding.

In 254 Hood mentioned "Bow and his gang" and in 266 it was suggested that Mighty might start his own team, so they might be back.
Personally I didn't loved any of FF groups around the world (except Sand Blasters), but in Flynn's hands they never disturb the story, so I can live with them.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Thu May 07, 2015 2:43 pm

His gang, presumably like the Merry Men of tale they parody. They have a reason for it, not like the old where they were just yet another FF group.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby qmaster254 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:56 pm

I would LOVE to see Dr. Warpnik!! Even if he isn't related to Robotnik anymore.
Eggman needs to have a competing crazy evil scientist to keep him from slacking off :D
qmaster254
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu May 07, 2015 8:11 pm

I can't say I'm a fan of most of the AoStH cast-most of the characters I can tolerate are already in the series. I love what they did with Breezie, and Von Schlemmer looks surprisingly good, but I can't see much of a need for anybody else. I also would probably have picked Caninestein for Silver's scientist friend instead of Von Schlemmer, since Caninestein was actually involved in several of AoStH's time travel episodes.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:39 pm

I'd be interested in seeing Caninestein, King Arfur and Gwendolyn, Katella, Merna, and Da Bears.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius