Silver & Traitor Case: Mind Blow

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Silver & Traitor Case: Mind Blow

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu May 07, 2015 11:54 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:when I said "you can't kill hitler" I was more talking about how insurmountable the actual odds of accomplishing is. either you find Hitler when he is surrounded by a bunch of guards, or you try to search for an unknown artist in the whole of Austria and Germany

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri May 08, 2015 5:31 am

I would love to see a movie where the nazis have reverse-engineered technology from time travelers who tried to assassinate hitler
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue May 12, 2015 1:57 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:I would love to see a movie where the nazis have reverse-engineered technology from time travelers who tried to assassinate hitler

...sold. I want a script on my desk in the morning.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby OncleSam » Fri May 22, 2015 6:07 pm

You know, this whole Time Travel debacle made me remember something that I was pondering on with my best friends a few years back.

Time travel can be seen in three ways :

- Either a person goes back in the past and creates an alternate timeline that deviates from the first ( like in DBZ or in the movie Source Code with Jake Gyllenhall )
- Either a person goes back in the past, changes events which changes the future where he is from ( like in the Back to the future series )
- Either a person goes back in the past, and somehow creates a " loop " ( just like in the TimeSplitters games )

What's fun to link here is that I don't remember seeing anywhere in the comics, whether it be in the main comic post reboot or in Universe or the 25/30YL, a somewhat indication that Silver's action could give above stated option number 2. I think it's safe to say that option number 3 can't be taken into account, so it leaves the first option. Which could explain the fact that the optional futures of " Mobius " are all different and not all canon between themselves.

So the question of " how goes the deal between Sonic and Sally for the kids " becomes moot, because that would make 25/30 YL a SEPERATE universe created by ONE of the interactions of Silver in the past.

Spoiler: show
Maybe in the " original " universe, it was in fact Sonic that was a traitor and not Sally.

- Remember Silver saying in Hedgehog Havoc ( his first appearance ) " Only Sonic is remembered to have had that kind of power [to destroy the team]". Silver is from that " Original " timeline. The fact that he appeared there created a change. A NEW timeline where someone else became the traitor, or to go in the extreme that something else completely destroyed the world ( Tikhaos ? Thus giving 25/30YL )
- The second coming of Silver in " Cold Hard Clash " ( issue 215 ) created another timeline, where certainly Knuckles became Enerjak again and killed everyone ( Dark Mobius )
- Silver's actions in " Remember The Fallen " ( issue 235 ) deviated everything, making Sally the new traitor ( which is what we know post reboot )

I don't know, it's 1 A.M. where I live, I think my brain just went into overdrive.
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat May 23, 2015 4:18 am

Personally I don't like idea of timeline. Universe will end with machines taking over? Just go back in time and fix it... o wait, you created new timeline. Millions still live under machine's rule.

However I don't think you're right. You see, I think that XYL and Dark Mobius are alternative Mobius, just like Moebius. It's just that there are alternative Zones that are simply different (Like Sally Moon) or that are very similar but with different events (World of Robo-Robotnik).
Ok, but do I have proof? Yes, look at issue 216, back up story. Silver's future slightly changed (Krudzu), but overall remained the same. Also, Moggul suggested that in Silver Saga.

Besides, two reasons why your theory doesn't work
1 Explain Locke. How XYL can be future Mobius if Locke already died in different way.
2 Silver POV right after his adventure in XYL: He stopped Tikhaos, he goes back to the future, it's still ruined. Why would he look for cause of apocalypse BEFORE XYL, if that period of time is fine? We hit same problem as beginning of this topic: apparently catastrophe that occur around 247 wouldn't actually destroy the word imminently, letting Sonic and Sally to get married and have children.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby OncleSam » Sat May 23, 2015 5:12 pm

- Well, Locke could have been resurrected ( Sonic and Knuckles cheated death multiple times remember ) some way or another.
- Well that further states my point : Since Silver's future is still ruined after stopping Tikhaos , he simply " created another universe where Tikhaos didin't destroy the world ". So it means that his actions had no effect on his future.

But of course it's just speculation on my part . I also prefer the idea of " alternate zones " . It gives less headaches.
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun May 24, 2015 3:38 am

In that case Silver's mission was doomed to fail from very beginning. That's kinda bummer.

But yeah, I didn't though about possibility of resurrection. That could happen (not under Flynn's pen, he has 'no coming back' rule, but Locke could always come back "one day after last issue" time.)
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Sun May 24, 2015 10:13 am

More likely, the big bad apocalypse also triggered every other threat on Mobius, making it harder to realize what the real problem was.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius