Shadow comics - possible?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Shadow comics - possible?

Postby Village » Sun May 03, 2015 12:41 pm

I still think it might not work too well even if the game is good.

I have made the comparison other places, but silver is very much the zoroark of the sonic series.

Like " here is the new cool guy " and everyone went " no we liked the old cool guy, where is lucario/shadow " and silver quickly went under a weird bus. Like, ain't my favorite, he's kind of a goober.But I think he could be cool, but for many like blaze and shadow kind of exist and is enough. And on that same token, hold extra scorn to silver because it messed up blazes cool story, that sonic team has yet to retcon back actually because in generations, she's connected to sonic 06. Also I might be wrong but can't Ian not even really delve into her whole deal because of that? Anyways my point is for many , silver is in the back of weird line.

silver one of those sonic characters that are , for me cool enough to do things with. But I gotta acknowledge everyone thinks this man a goober. And doesn't have the fan back up that other sonic characters have to push against that. Like there are people who legit think sonic games go back to sonic and eggman everyone should go. But like amy, tails, knuckles, shadow and like metal sonic , have peeps in their corner that will root for em. Silver gotta few, he's still a goober in a lot of peoples eyes.

Like if sega pushed him, I think they should push a lot of people. I think they should, having large casts of characters with some lore, seem to be the hot stuff nowadays.I think their problem was never characters, it was quality, and I think if they brought it back up and kept the quality people would be more receptive of ideas, that happened to silver as you said.

The point is, is that its going to take some doing. On Sega's side, just... alot and he might not even be first.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby WiNTER BELLS » Sun May 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Sega needs to find a way to pull it's mascot out of the dirt before they even think about doing spin-off titles focused around the supporting cast again. Especially in light of how divided the Sonic fanbase tends to be when it comes to the supporting cast...
WiNTER BELLS
BumbleFan

Postby Village » Sun May 03, 2015 6:49 pm

WiNTER BELLS wrote:Sega needs to find a way to pull it's mascot out of the dirt before they even think about doing spin-off titles focused around the supporting cast again. Especially in light of how divided the Sonic fanbase tends to be when it comes to the supporting cast...

I don't think the deviousness matters much, I just think its good for business to have characters, its stuff you can sell. I think they should just push it,but what I agree with you on is the out of the dirt part.

Or rather more consistent, with the type of game they make , one that worked and maybe expand on that concept. Like I don't know, a game like generations, that was well liked and reviewed noted on how good the 3d mechanics were. And just adding characters to that, not full different gameplay goals, yet. But navigation, evolving the working gameplay you had, would be good way to do that.

And despite recent sega actions, i can see em doing that. Yeah sega likes doing things that don't make sense, but I can see them doing that.

Short version of next part: Uh sonic boom might throw a wrench into the out of the dirt part.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue May 05, 2015 1:14 pm

You know, previously I said that Snively isn't personal enouh to be Shadow's top enemy.

But now I realized.

Spoiler: show
He TOOK SNIVELY'S HAIR!!!
Don't laugh, that's how Lex Luthor started (in Golden Age anyway)
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Mikail » Tue May 05, 2015 3:07 pm

So in regards to a potential cast for a Shadow comic, does anyone think a spiritual successor to Hope Kintobor can be found in Commander Towers' grandchild (whom he mentions at the end of the Shadow game)?
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue May 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Mikail wrote:So in regards to a potential cast for a Shadow comic, does anyone think a spiritual successor to Hope Kintobor can be found in Commander Towers' grandchild (whom he mentions at the end of the Shadow game)?

Depends on whether Amanda Tower is suppose to be her or his Daughter/Daughter-In-Law but probably.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Wed May 06, 2015 9:44 am

Mikail wrote:So in regards to a potential cast for a Shadow comic, does anyone think a spiritual successor to Hope Kintobor can be found in Commander Towers' grandchild (whom he mentions at the end of the Shadow game)?

The way I remember it is that the commander said he had just become a grandfather, so the child might be a baby at this point, but that would be very adorable:

One does not have to be able to talk to show the kind of loving support Hope gave Shadow.
LordLaharlsVassal
BumbleFan

Postby Village » Wed May 06, 2015 10:23 am

Mario is gone, that character should stay gone.

Also everyone who's ever talked sense into shadow fits that role.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mikail » Wed May 06, 2015 11:16 am

Village wrote:

I don't think Mario was ever here to begin with. (hearty laughter).
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Village » Wed May 06, 2015 11:36 am

my phone jacked that all up, weird crossovers regardless, I don't think that character needs a " reincarnation " She was vital in shaping shadow into who he is today and a memory, let the people of today help shape shadow.

Like every character ends up being maria talking to shadow anyway whats the point?
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mikail » Wed May 06, 2015 11:59 am

Village wrote:my phone jacked that all up, weird crossovers regardless, I don't think that character needs a " reincarnation " She was vital in shaping shadow into who he is today and a memory, let the people of today help shape shadow.

Like every character ends up being maria talking to shadow anyway whats the point?

Can't argue with you on that one. I did like Hope though. She at least had her own ambitions and character. And Molly from Sonic X was cool too. Girl characters around Shadow are surprisingly 3-Dimensional know that I think about it
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Mordum » Wed May 06, 2015 12:47 pm

Mikail wrote:
Village wrote:

I don't think Mario was ever here to begin with. (hearty laughter).

I would read a buddy cop comic about Mario and Shadow for the rest of my life.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Village » Wed May 06, 2015 2:10 pm

I would read a mario/sonic crossover comic that just were two characters doing stuff

Rosalina and Shadow would be best friends, for story reasons, and it would be a meta joke I would laugh about from here to moon

Mikail wrote:
Village wrote:my phone jacked that all up, weird crossovers regardless, I don't think that character needs a " reincarnation " She was vital in shaping shadow into who he is today and a memory, let the people of today help shape shadow.

Can't argue with you on that one. I did like Hope though. She at least had her own ambitions and character. And Molly from Sonic X was cool too. Girl characters around Shadow are surprisingly 3-Dimensional know that I think about it

Shadows strength is interaction with others it brings the best outta everyone.

there are certain interactions where I was like, maybe that should be a thing I dunno.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius