Shadow comics - possible?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Shadow comics - possible?

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Penguin God wrote:Penders had Shadow as some "neither biological, mineral nor vegetable" plot line with Shadow who didn't even know what chaos powers were, but he never actually got around to giving Shadow any different backstory. He just wrote the guy terribly out of character.

I wonder if was the very model of a modern majors general though.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mikail » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:04 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Penguin God wrote:Penders had Shadow as some "neither biological, mineral nor vegetable" plot line with Shadow who didn't even know what chaos powers were, but he never actually got around to giving Shadow any different backstory. He just wrote the guy terribly out of character.

I wonder if was the very model of a modern majors general though.

HA!
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Tylinos » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:39 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
The Shadow Emperor wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote: Same Backstory, Same job. The only real difference is he fought the Black Arms to learn about his past but they're pretty much exactly the same.

well, he had some different backstory that Penders hinted at that Ian outright ignored

Uh, what?

like, Shadow had some kind of connection to pre mobius Earth, because he heard a beacon from an ancient facility, and Shadow spent all of his pre-timeskip time trying to find out who he was

then suddenly, time skip happens and he wants to kill eggman.

Err, not quite. Assuming you mean the Tossed in Space timeskip, all of Shadow's pre-timeskip time was spent floating in orbit before the Bem found him. Also, the bit about wanting to kill Eggman was a Karl Bollers thing.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri May 01, 2015 7:30 am

Tylinos wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:
The Shadow Emperor wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote: Same Backstory, Same job. The only real difference is he fought the Black Arms to learn about his past but they're pretty much exactly the same.

well, he had some different backstory that Penders hinted at that Ian outright ignored

Uh, what?

like, Shadow had some kind of connection to pre mobius Earth, because he heard a beacon from an ancient facility, and Shadow spent all of his pre-timeskip time trying to find out who he was

then suddenly, time skip happens and he wants to kill eggman.

Err, not quite. Assuming you mean the Tossed in Space timeskip, all of Shadow's pre-timeskip time was spent floating in orbit before the Bem found him. Also, the bit about wanting to kill Eggman was a Karl Bollers thing.

ah right, my mistake

well it seems Penders dropped the shadow backstory stuff around the time Bollers did the "kill eggman" arc
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri May 01, 2015 7:41 am

I've read everything Ken Penders has wrote for Shadow save for the back-up in #98 I didn't see anything at all that hinted at Shadow being anything more than Gerald's Ultimate Lifeform.

In fact Penders Shadow arcs were basically just a duller version of Shadow searching for answers for his past.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri May 01, 2015 8:56 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I've read everything Ken Penders has wrote for Shadow save for the back-up in #98 I didn't see anything at all that hinted at Shadow being anything more than Gerald's Ultimate Lifeform.

In fact Penders Shadow arcs were basically just a duller version of Shadow searching for answers for his past.

It was basically what the games did "It was Gerald, but..."

but instead of Black Doom, it had something to do with Earth: Probably Ivan Kintobor.

Fan Idea: Since Eggman seemed to have taken the designs for the E-series from Ivan's A-series, its possible that Gerald found something from his ancestor's work to use to create Shadow.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mikail » Sat May 02, 2015 12:05 am

IDK if I should feel indebted to Penders at all because the first Sonic comic I ever had was issue #124, which gave lil' 8 year old me Sadow's back story and the sight of him punching Sonic in the face AFTER falling from space.. It was what got me into the Sonic franchise in the first place and helped cement Shadow as my favorite character.

Regardless, what I would like to see in a Shadow book is him teaming up with other heroes around the world and seeing their varying opinions on Shadow's less merciful methods as compared to Sonic.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Tylinos » Sat May 02, 2015 3:58 am

Mikail wrote:IDK if I should feel indebted to Penders at all because the first Sonic comic I ever had was issue #124, which gave lil' 8 year old me Sadow's back story and the sight of him punching Sonic in the face AFTER falling from space.. It was what got me into the Sonic franchise in the first place and helped cement Shadow as my favorite character.

That was a Karl Bollers story. Penders wrote the Knuckles story in that issue.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Mikail » Sat May 02, 2015 9:02 am

Tylinos wrote:
Mikail wrote:IDK if I should feel indebted to Penders at all because the first Sonic comic I ever had was issue #124, which gave lil' 8 year old me Sadow's back story and the sight of him punching Sonic in the face AFTER falling from space.. It was what got me into the Sonic franchise in the first place and helped cement Shadow as my favorite character.

That was a Karl Bollers story. Penders wrote the Knuckles story in that issue.

Ah, gotcha
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 02, 2015 11:18 am

After reading the Free Comic Book Day issue, I can say I'm interested in seeing a SIlver comic now, too.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat May 02, 2015 11:25 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:After reading the Free Comic Book Day issue, I can say I'm interested in seeing a SIlver comic now, too.

Just the one image I've seen of it makes it seem like there's a lot of really cool potential there.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 02, 2015 11:57 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:After reading the Free Comic Book Day issue, I can say I'm interested in seeing a SIlver comic now, too.

Just the one image I've seen of it makes it seem like there's a lot of really cool potential there.

Was it the page with Silver in his future?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat May 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:

Was it the page with Silver in his future?

Yep.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Village » Sun May 03, 2015 11:42 am

Silver is one of the characters that I think would make interesting " in the future " story lines if done well.

Along with like shadow being 1000 years old and possibly loosing track of his moral code.

or like a short story about aliens finding the remains of the civilization and trying to piece together what this culture was like

but peeps hate on silver super bad.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun May 03, 2015 12:02 pm

I think that Silver comics could work, but first Sega must give him a bit of spotlight in at least one mainstream game that won't be hated by thousands.

And while I like Silver a lot, he wouldn't be my second choice for a spin-off, rather third after Knuckles. He's still more popular and has more backstory to work with.
Then again, I still didn't read FCBD 2015, so it might change my opinion.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius