Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Are you tired of Flynn constantly throwing memes at us?

YES!
4
10%
Maybe a little...
4
10%
I don't care
6
14%
Not really
10
24%
No, I love them!
17
40%
I barely notice them
1
2%
 
Total votes : 42

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby Betz! » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:15 pm

diamonddeath wrote:
Betz! wrote:
MetalSkulkBane wrote:- Sega does what Ninten-don't

They'd be in some trouble with using Nintendo's name in Something not licenced by them.

I don't think Nintendo owns the rights to the word, Nintendon't.

You have a point there, but if it was in there it might raise a few eyebrows.
Betz!
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: Where the party is at.

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:40 pm

It would be tasteless since Sega and Nintendo are no longer competing with each other.
User avatar
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Disney World

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Betz! wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:
Betz! wrote:
MetalSkulkBane wrote:- Sega does what Ninten-don't

They'd be in some trouble with using Nintendo's name in Something not licenced by them.

I don't think Nintendo owns the rights to the word, Nintendon't.

You have a point there, but if it was in there it might raise a few eyebrows.


I think it could be done, just changed a little. All we need is a character with "do" in his name.

Or (a bit forced) have Sonic says "Sonic does what Eggman..." and interrupt him before he finishes.
User avatar
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:02 am
Location: Poland

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby Penguin God » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:01 pm

diamonddeath wrote:
Betz! wrote:
MetalSkulkBane wrote:- Sega does what Ninten-don't

They'd be in some trouble with using Nintendo's name in Something not licenced by them.

I don't think Nintendo owns the rights to the word, Nintendon't.

Clearly then, Sega will have to do what Capcan't instead.
User avatar
Penguin God
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:09 pm

And then the Mega Man comic got cancelled.
User avatar
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Disney World

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby akessel92 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:14 pm

I honestly hope we have some satam memes return in the comics.
akessel92
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:52 am
Location: in my home made of trash gets drafty in the winter

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby theJcfreak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:54 pm

akessel92 wrote:I honestly hope we have some satam memes return in the comics.


SatAM has memes? I don't really recall anything being used as a meme other than some questionable jokes about funny kisses and "meaner than a one-eyed snake!" giggle fits.
User avatar
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10652
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am
Location: ふざけんなよ。

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby akessel92 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 pm

theJcfreak wrote:
akessel92 wrote:I honestly hope we have some satam memes return in the comics.


SatAM has memes? I don't really recall anything being used as a meme other than some questionable jokes about funny kisses and "meaner than a one-eyed snake!" giggle fits.

I meant jokes and references like maragarine and "what color is my heart?"
akessel92
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:52 am
Location: in my home made of trash gets drafty in the winter

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:19 pm

as long as they're used cleverly, I don't mind
User avatar
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby Scruffy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:31 pm

I've got one no-one else has brought up - when Sonic was fighting Mecha Sally in #234, she asked him where he was when the brains were handed out. That's a quote from her in the SatAM episode Sonic's Nightmare, where he kept on dreaming of her being roboticised and blaming him for not saving her. :D Still gives me chills!
User avatar
Scruffy
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 4809
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:42 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby SamCyberCat » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:55 am

As long as the meme references also work as natural-sounding dialogue then I really don't mind. Sometimes I don't even notice them and other times I think they're a cute nod to the online fandom. I don't think I've ever been annoyed by them in the comic like I have in other series (e.g. Twilight Sparkle's super-forced "winter is coming" reference in a recent MLP episode).

Anything referencing AoStH Robotnik is always going to get a smile from me as well.
User avatar
SamCyberCat
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 am
Location: England

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:07 am

SamCyberCat wrote: I don't think I've ever been annoyed by them in the comic like I have in other series (e.g. Twilight Sparkle's super-forced "winter is coming" reference in a recent MLP episode).

Arrgh, this one sooo forced :?

Speaking of MLP, their comics loves throwing them too, but to things that are hip now: Transformers, Team Fortress 2, Game of Thrones, Gravity Falls.
User avatar
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:02 am
Location: Poland

Re: Margarine in Computer Room, Strange isn't It?

Postby Polish Pete » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 pm

SamCyberCat wrote:As long as the meme references also work as natural-sounding dialogue then I really don't mind. Sometimes I don't even notice them and other times I think they're a cute nod to the online fandom. I don't think I've ever been annoyed by them in the comic like I have in other series (e.g. Twilight Sparkle's super-forced "winter is coming" reference in a recent MLP episode).

Anything referencing AoStH Robotnik is always going to get a smile from me as well.

To be fair, I think that time when Eggman yelled at Breezie through the phone in StH #268 reminded me of AoStH Robotnik. I mean, just look at his face!
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:19 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron