SU#75 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: SU#75 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Polish Pete wrote:
Sunwalker wrote:The off panel of this issue:
Spoiler: show
(click to enlarge)

Note that it was written by Bill Freiberger, producer of the Sonic Boom show. I wonder if at some point he will also be writing some story for STH or SH.

So Bill Freiberger, the guy behind Sonic Boom, now started writing for the main series too? Count me in! Definitely looking forward to more of his stuff 'cause that Off-Panel IMO was both clever and funny.

I am afraid I ended up being a bit ambiguous. What I meant was that he wrote the off panel, as show in its credits. I did not mean that he wrote the main story. Then I am wondering if he will also write a story for the comic too.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Polish Pete » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Sunwalker wrote:
Polish Pete wrote:
Sunwalker wrote:The off panel of this issue:
(click to enlarge)

Note that it was written by Bill Freiberger, producer of the Sonic Boom show. I wonder if at some point he will also be writing some story for STH or SH.

So Bill Freiberger, the guy behind Sonic Boom, now started writing for the main series too? Count me in! Definitely looking forward to more of his stuff 'cause that Off-Panel IMO was both clever and funny.

I am afraid I ended up being a bit ambiguous. What I meant was that he wrote the off panel, as show in its credits. I did not mean that he wrote the main story. Then I am wondering if he will also write a story for the comic too.

I know he wrote only the Off-Panel and not the main story. You think I'm stupid? Yeah, I probably should've chosen better words there. But the point still stands. I'm looking forward to his future contributions to the main series.
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Being a Metal Sonic fan I was veeeeery inpatient about this issue. Outcome is... a little disappointing ^^;. Don't get me wrong, it's a good story and Metal is beautiful killing machine as always, But it really doesn't feel like anniversary number, unlike SU 50.

Still, in last 26 issues, I had 5 different Metal appearances (6 counting Captain Metal) so I can't really complain.

Other than that issue is really good. Yardley as always is great, good to see Silver again. Also, I noticed two completely original zones. Small thing, but still kudos Flynn :). Cliffhanger is... there. I don't have much to say.
Also, I know that we had 8 covers to choose, but only I think that Sonic on a blank background is a pretty weak cover?
Personally I prefer the one with huge cast or Knuckles and Shadow (although they could add Nicole and Blaze on it, come on there was place. I would accuse artist of sexism, but Evan Stanley is a woman so you won this round Archie)

Plus, things that made me giggle
- Constant close-ups on Metal looking ticked. Metal looooves his close-ups of evil!
- Sally making complicate plan to save Sonic only for him to show up on his own. Her face is all like "I give up, I'll never get to do anything important around him."
- Sonic giving speech about 'we're FF, we can do anything' after whole team didn't do a thing in this issue.
- Amy rejects smelly Sonic, but Sally doesn't? Flynn is favoring Sally over my OTP! Shippers, bring pitchforks and torches!
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby AlphatheAlpaca » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Amazing issue. I like it when Silver randomly appears for no reason.
AlphatheAlpaca
BumbleNewbie

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Polish Pete wrote:I know he wrote only the Off-Panel and not the main story. You think I'm stupid?

No, I don't. Sorry I hadn't developed any mind reading skills.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Polish Pete » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Sunwalker wrote:
Polish Pete wrote:I know he wrote only the Off-Panel and not the main story. You think I'm stupid?

I over-exaggerated again, didn't I? Sorry.
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Polish Pete wrote:
Sunwalker wrote:

I over-exaggerated again, didn't I? Sorry.

S'all good :)
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:51 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:Minor thing but as of this issue they've changed "Welcome to Sonic's comic book adventures" to "Welcome to the Sonic comic universe", which sounds soooooo much better.

Oh thank the ancient Walkers, FINALLY

...the who, now?

;)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mordum » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 am

This was not nearly as hard to follow as all of you said.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 am

Mordum wrote:This was not nearly as hard to follow as all of you said.

Thank You! The Continuities a little weird but I had no trouble following it.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mordum » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:44 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Mordum wrote:This was not nearly as hard to follow as all of you said.

Thank You! The Continuities a little weird but I had no trouble following it.

If I hadn't read this thread, I never would've guessed it had missing components. It's about fighting a bad guy who is routinely doing antagonistic things and running into Spooky Future Guy.

It's such a stock set up that it's a pretty perfect lead in to the big, audience-accessible crossover. The issue could've fit at the end of any given adventure. I'd even assumed it was just the tail end of an unseen adventure.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Yarcaz » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:35 am

I am hopefully getting this issue later today or tomorrow at Barns & Noble ( they didn't have it yesterday :( ), luckily I was able to read this with my friend today as he has a copy.

I wonder what place silver visited when he said:
"It's better than the world that was completely overgrown with angry plants. The pollen was actually hunting me down!"

It is really making my mind hurt not knowing if this is a made up place or a place in the sonic or SEGA or other game franchise, etc.
Yarcaz
BumbleFan

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:43 am

I'll be honest: I wasn't looking forward to this issue, because I pegged it as another tired Metal Sonic brawl.

But dang, did they deliver the goods this time around. Despite the (IMO) overreliance on Metal in the comic, Ian made Metal feel like a legit threat this time around with some really great shots, and Tracy's art coupled with Matt's coloring made him look downright scary throughout the entire fight. Kudos.

I know Silver is usually hesitant about...well, almost everything, but his hesitancy to reveal the outcome of the shattered world crisis really leads me to wonder if maybe things don't get wrapped up in a neat little bow by the time all is said and done. I mean, sure, Sonic and crew are gonna save the planet, but I have a feeling there will be some significant sacrifices made before the threat is quelled.

And welcome back to Off-Panel, Dubs. I've missed seeing your art.
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby Chameleon Guy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:46 am

Wow, Sonic was written so well, I wish the same would happen in the games and in the cartoon. The Genesis Wa... I mean, Portals, seem very interesting, I hope we'll find out more about them because they're kinda random for now.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Eggman doesn't know Zavok is there?
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:04 pm

Hmm, the above comment makes me wonder... think Genesis Portals might basically be "cracks" in reality from the Genesis Wave(s)?

It would explain the name, at least.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius