Shattered World Crisis after Worlds Unite? (spoilers)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Shattered World Crisis after Worlds Unite? (spoilers)

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:28 pm

First, what we know so far:

-As of Spark of Life and Champions, six of the Chaos Emeralds have been found. The heroes have five and Eggman has one.
-It's been greatly implied the final emerald will be found in, at least, SU#75, if not, StH#272.
-Despite this, Ian has stated that we still have a ways to go before the Shattered World Crisis is set to end.

The Shattered World Crisis is still going to continue for a while after Worlds Unite, but with the above in mind, what else is there for the heroes to do? In my honest opinion?

Spoiler: show
I think WU is gonna pull a mid-way Meterex Saga on us: all the emeralds have been gathered, but now the heroes have no choice but to use them in defeating Sigma. Sonic and Mega Man to super, and they scatter, leaving the heroes having to hunt them down all over again.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Re: Shattered World Crisis after Worlds Unite? (spoilers)

Postby Meliden » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Well, that would be annoying to be honest.

But bear in mind that there's still the issue of finding the temples and reactivating them to fix the problem. I think it's more likely that instead of scattering the Emeralds, whatever they do to stop Sigma ends up leaving them drained of energy, so it sets up one of the key beats to Unleashed.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:17 pm

Meliden wrote:
Well, that would be annoying to be honest.

But bear in mind that there's still the issue of finding the temples and reactivating them to fix the problem. I think it's more likely that instead of scattering the Emeralds, whatever they do to stop Sigma ends up leaving them drained of energy, so it sets up one of the key beats to Unleashed.

Exactly having to go over all this craziness again won't sit well with readers. Which that's the last thing they want to add to things that have disappointed in this new continuity. I honestly, think it's a moot point anyway.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:07 pm

Yeah, drained or not, I think finding and securing the temples is the next big thing.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Yeah I don't think Ian's going to do anything that stupid.

I think that when we rejoin the ongoing's The Main book will start adapting Unleashed fully and have Sonic and the FF travel to the Gaia Temples fight the bosses maybe in a series of 2 issue arcs to get the Day/Night Gimmick in.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby akessel92 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:49 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Yeah I don't think Ian's going to do anything that stupid.

I think that when we rejoin the ongoing's The Main book will start adapting Unleashed fully and have Sonic and the FF travel to the Gaia Temples fight the bosses maybe in a series of 2 issue arcs to get the Day/Night Gimmick in.

Also, help knux with master emerald in both the universe arcs and main arcs.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:03 pm

akessel92 wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:Yeah I don't think Ian's going to do anything that stupid.

The Unleashed and Master Emerald plots don't need to be mutually exclusive. Some of the Unleashed continents could have Master Emerald Pieces.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby akessel92 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:15 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
akessel92 wrote:

The Unleashed and Master Emerald plots don't need to be mutually exclusive. Some of the Unleashed continents could have Master Emerald Pieces.

That too
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:40 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
akessel92 wrote:

considering they travel all over the world, chances are that the fragments are somewhere on there.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Vampfox » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:43 pm

I have a feeling that the shattered world thing is going to be going on till issue 300.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Vampfox wrote:I have a feeling that the shattered world thing is going to be going on till issue 300.

Well that's just silly.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:07 am

Vampfox wrote:I have a feeling that the shattered world thing is going to be going on till issue 300.

I had a similar feeling too not so long ago, but I could've sworn that Ian said we had around a year or so to go when it ends; not long enough to reach 300. Besides, it'd be beating a dead horse at that point.

As for my theory on post-Worlds Unite, I believe the emeralds are drained to defeat Sigma like some of you have said, but it also Chaos Controls people all over the place, such as Sonic and Chip ending up on their own together. We then see two plots: one for Sonic and Chip hunting temples, the other being the FFs trying to find him.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby OncleSam » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:15 am

I think that this time around they wont be using the Chaos Emeralds for the final big fight of Worlds Unite. I'm feeling that the Genesis Portals will bring all the heroes from all the concerned universes ( Street Fighter, Skies Of Arcadia, Nights, etc. ) to help in the final fight. But I like the idea of the Chaos Emeralds being drained of power to suit more the original Unleashed plot.

And it wouldn't make too much sense to see Super Sonic twice in less then a year ( end of WU and fight against Perfect Dark Gaia ) since it's been made clear for years now that Super Sonic appearing is something VERY RARE ( I mean come on the last two times he appeared wasn't even in the " main story " ... both times in the " Genesis Wave " part of the world ) .

Oh well, it's going to be awesome anyway !
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Maybe Sonic will have a new Super form related to the multitude of worlds, similar to how he gets different forms in the Storybook games?

Anyway, assuming they aren't doing another crossover for the 300th issue, it seems like a good spot to resolve the whole thing and have a battle and all that fun.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:17 pm

OncleSam wrote:since it's been made clear for years now that Super Sonic appearing is something VERY RARE ( I mean come on the last two times he appeared wasn't even in the " main story " ... both times in the " Genesis Wave " part of the world ) .

Unless I'm forgetting something, I think the last time Super Sonic appeared in the main timeline was in Enerjak Reborn. That was a crazy long time ago.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius