STH#271 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

STH#271 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Well, I just read mine and it comes out tomorrow, so I'm assuming it's time for this thread.

Personally speaking: Loved this issue. Everything came together nicely, as Tails was redeemed, we got flashbacks, and best of all, ASR Transport (as teased earlier on)!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Re: STH#270 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Meliden » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:25 pm

I read my copy of #270 last month, your delivery service must be slow as molasses.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:31 pm

I guess you meant "STH#271 - Spoilers & Discussion".
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Meliden » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm surprised I haven't heard from many people who have it...
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby akessel92 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:52 pm

What happens?
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Sunwalker wrote:I guess you meant "STH#271 - Spoilers & Discussion".

Fixed.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: STH#271 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby TurboTailz » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:07 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Well, I just read mine and it comes out tomorrow, so I'm assuming it's time for this thread.

Personally speaking: Loved this issue. Everything came together nicely, as Tails was redeemed, we got flashbacks, and best of all, ASR Transport (as teased earlier on)!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Redeemed? You mean he got back at Honey on his own? I need some spoilers!
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Whoops. I just copied the title from the other thread for consistency, guess I forgot to change it.

TurboTailz wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Well, I just read mine and it comes out tomorrow, so I'm assuming it's time for this thread.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

He's the one to stop Metal Sonic from getting away with the Chaos Emerald, after literally every other good guy in the tournament fails to do so.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Would you mind doing your own summery/list of spoilers, since you seem to be literally the only person I've seen who has it?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby akessel92 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Any werehog?
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:24 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:Would you mind doing your own summery/list of spoilers, since you seem to be literally the only person I've seen who has it?

What, seriously?

Um... in that case, I should probably hold off. I seriously thought at least subscribers had it by now.

Or at the very least, I'd want Ian or Aleah's blessing.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby TurboTailz » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:05 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Whoops. I just copied the title from the other thread for consistency, guess I forgot to change it.

TurboTailz wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

He's the one to stop Metal Sonic from getting away with the Chaos Emerald, after literally every other good guy in the tournament fails to do so.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

That's even more glorious than I've imagined. Thank you Ian! You've made a Tails fan satisfied with that result.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 am

I have zero contractual obligations which leaves me free to spoil the house down!

Before we get into the story, a couple of community announcement based on the back of the book;
-Congratulations to Kellox for getting their fanart into this issue!
-Paul Kaminski is no longer the editor. Vincent Lovallo will be stepping up to take the role after years of being the assistant editor.

Okay, so now the story beats;

-The preview happens, where Sonic and Knuckles talk in the ring and we get a flashback to how Breezie got the Chaos Emerald. These are actually the only flashbacks in the issue.
-Immediately after, there's a two-page spread of Sonic and Knuckles fighting, with spectators from in and out of the park bordering top and bottom. Regarding the important characters, Breezie and Eggman look on with planning written all over their faces, Tails is cheering Sonic on, Amy looks slightly crazy as she gestures what Sonic should do to Knuckles, Espio looks...smug? (He's had that face for a while now, and I don't think he's too invested), Honey looks twinkle-eyed and Chip is sitting in someone's popcorn. Outside of them, Sally looks like she's going nuts with anxiety, Antoine is sneakily supporting Knuckles (he has a great face), there a random fish girl with a watering umbrella who supports both Honey and Sonic, Rouge just looking on, and Vector looking nervous while clutching a betting ticket.
-Cut to Bean and Bark, the former is seen blowing a bubble of gum onto a bomb. While it's mad, it has a purpose; he's planted bombs all over the power generator.
-Fang switches to infrared in anticipation of the power going out. Fang counts down;
Fang: "Three...Two...One...MARK!" Bean: "Twain!"
A nice joke as the generator blows up.
-Sonic and Knuckles notice the power out (with Sonic calling Knuckles Chuckles), and Fang takes aim during their confusion.
-Before he can shoot, in comes Metal Sonic who knocks his aim off. He swoops in past the two fighters and heads to the vault to grab the emerald without resistance.
-Metal Sonic starts to make his way out again, but Sonic homing attacks him and he falls to the ground.
-He gets knocked down, but he gets up again, Sonic is never gonna keep him down.
-Knuckles, Amy, Espio and Honey all make an attempt at stopping him, but he dodges all of them and flies out of Sonic's reach.
-He manages to break through the ceiling of the building, only for Tails to smack him down and grab the emerald. He also calculated that the back up generators would be kicking in at that point, which means that the defence systems are quickly back up.
-Sonic points out that Metal Sonic is basically outnumbered and outclassed (although I wouldn't call all of the others professional butt-kickers given the rest of the arc). Metal Sonic looks like he wants to fight anyway, but Eggman demands that he fall back and he eventually complies.
-Cut to Honey signing a contract with Breezie for her to provide clothing for her wait staff. Breezie was impressed by her performance in the ring.
-After the signing, Honey calls Breezie out on all the shenanigans that occurred during the arc, Breezie's lack of action on defending and the fact that the Freedom Fighters came close to losing the Chaos Emerald, and the key to saving the world.
-Breezie notes the security thing as disappointing, but points out that the sudden evil robot being stopped by six heroes was great for her business. She tells Honey to take it to heart.
-Honey excuses herself for orders to fill. It seems like a pleasant end of the conversation, but when Honey is out the door she looks pretty concerned and distressed.
-Sonic convinces Knuckles to go back with them to the Sky Patrol (with Sonic's All Stars Racing Transformed car). Chip catches up to them, and Knuckles introduces him (with a bit more of the Sonic and Knuckles rivalry thrown in).
-The heroes are up to four Chaos Emeralds [NOTE: With Spark of Life taking place after this, they're actually on five at this point], and Amy's mystic melody will help them restore the Gaia Temples which Chip is pleased about.
-While flying up, the sun appears to set, because Sonic transforms into the Werehog while chilling in the back with Knuckles and Chip. Knuckles and Chip are suitably surprised.
-The last page shows that Gregarios, the man who Metal Sonic assaulted, has contacted Sally Acorn (with Nicole at her side), and wants to speak to Sonic because he knows how Sonic can fix the world and put a stop to the Dark Gaia monsters.

And there we go, the end of Champions.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:48 am

So tails got the emerald from metal that pretty much makes up for his lack of involvement in spark of life. (Probably he reached his schooling a super Badnik quota and metal sonic no less). Also, this arc I noticed ant had shown a bit of his envy towards sonic. I know people are still miffed that the freedom fighters seem to them to be bland set pieces. But, these little hints help only a little. Granted it's only two whole years into this reboot but we'll get there.

Also, after spark of life chaos emerald score stands heroes=5, Eggman=1, and that leaves one left.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius