Sales going down?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sales going down?

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I'm serious ever since the reboot and Boom's release I've noticed way more Cynical responses to stories and ideas than ever in the past.

I don't know it just seems to me like people are dropping them more or less because they don't like change than anything regarding the actual quality of the books.

Yup that's pretty much how I thought about it. I guess they want a change in the franchise than what's been being produce.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby hyperrush » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:33 am

Financial crisis for sure, lot's of book stores that exported to Portugal close up :(
hyperrush
BumbleFan

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:54 am

I also imagine sales might be dropping because you know, less people are going to their local comic shops? Comic shops are going the way of Blockbuster and like someone said in the thread earlier, direct sales count for such a small percentage of comic sales it's a wonder they're still used as a method of determining a comic's popularity.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Penguin God » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:43 am

Sonic Boom is what, four issues in? That drop is also typical, number 1s always get much higher numbers. We'll see how things go after Worlds Unite (when event fatigue has a chance to start setting in) but as far as we've seen the book is just getting back to its regular numbers as the boost from WC ends.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:02 pm

So sales have been dropping ever since the reboot happened? That's not surprising. Archie might have to do something before they crumble because of what they did to the comic. But the new Worlds Unite crossover might help out a bit.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Vampfox » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Delete
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby The Jazzyman » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:57 am

theJcfreak wrote:I also imagine sales might be dropping because you know, less people are going to their local comic shops? Comic shops are going the way of Blockbuster and like someone said in the thread earlier, direct sales count for such a small percentage of comic sales it's a wonder they're still used as a method of determining a comic's popularity.

I agree. Without the digital sales and ESPECIALLY without subscription sales there is a massive amount of sales being left out. I specifically mention subscriptions because without them the sales are only counting people who impulse buy off the shelf.
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius