"Too Many Mechas" or "Where's Pseudo Sonic?"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: "Too Many Mechas" or "Where's Pseudo Sonic?"

Postby RaceProUK » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Well, since Metal Tails and Metal Amy were preboot creations, there's no guarantee they ever existed in the rebooted universe; they could make a fresh appearance.
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:42 pm

I think Tails Doll has taken Metal Tails' place as Eggman's robotic copy of Tails, but I wouldn't mind Metal Tails coming back.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby ToaArcan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Xabin wrote:I think Tails Doll has taken Metal Tails' place as Eggman's robotic copy of Tails, but I wouldn't mind Metal Tails coming back.

And that's probably the saddest thing I've read in this thread.
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby RaceProUK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Xabin wrote:I think Tails Doll has taken Metal Tails' place as Eggman's robotic copy of Tails
If Tails Doll really is a robotic duplicate of Tails, Eggman must have been having a catastrophically off day :)
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby ToaArcan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:55 pm

RaceProUK wrote:
Xabin wrote:I think Tails Doll has taken Metal Tails' place as Eggman's robotic copy of Tails
If Tails Doll really is a robotic duplicate of Tails, Eggman must have been having a catastrophically off day :)

Does Eggman have "On" days?
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:00 pm

RaceProUK wrote:

Or, it's the best one, since his other badniks need some form of Chaos energy to transform, while Tails Doll can transform into its monstrous form on its own.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby RaceProUK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:23 pm

ToaArcan wrote:
RaceProUK wrote:
Does Eggman have "On" days?
Metal Sonic's pretty formidable, and the Death Star Egg is pretty impressive.
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby faceclams » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:35 pm

That moment in SA2 where he traps Sonic and drops him out of the ARK was perfectly diabolical. Even Sonic thought "welp, I might actually die this time", only the fake-emerald-ex-machina saved him.

Although by Unleashed Eggman really should have realized that a measly atmospheric reentry can't kill Sonic. :P
faceclams
BumbleNewbie

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:46 pm

faceclams wrote:That moment in SA2 where he traps Sonic and drops him out of the ARK was perfectly diabolical. Even Sonic thought "welp, I might actually die this time", only the fake-emerald-ex-machina saved him.

And then Eggman became a massive hypocrite later in Sonic X: "It's one thing to take someone hostage and threaten them, but when you actually hurt somebody that's taking it foo far."
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby RaceProUK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:15 pm

The Shadow Imperator wrote:
faceclams wrote:That moment in SA2 where he traps Sonic and drops him out of the ARK was perfectly diabolical. Even Sonic thought "welp, I might actually die this time", only the fake-emerald-ex-machina saved him.
And then Eggman became a massive hypocrite later in Sonic X: "It's one thing to take someone hostage and threaten them, but when you actually hurt somebody that's taking it foo far."
True, but then again, that's the Metarex arc, which is rubbish.
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby ToaArcan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:54 pm

Well, more rubbish than the rest of it, anyway.

"Okay guys, we've taken the characters back to Not-Mobius, so what do we do now that we don't have Chris?"
"Bring him back for no reason, but then make the show about this random Kirlia-looking flashback-generator and her empty romance with Tails. Then turn the Kirlia into a tree and blow her up because @#$% Tails. And set it in space."
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby RaceProUK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:27 pm

"Oh, and while you're at it, invent a load of anime robots made from unobtanium that used to be trees or something, because what the Sonic franchise clearly lacks is big stompy robots."
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:19 am

I liked the arc well enough. Not spectacular, but it was neat and different, despite its... oddities.

I did think the Blue Typhoon was cool, though. If it were allowable, I'd love to see it in the comic.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ToaArcan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:22 am

RaceProUK wrote:"Oh, and while you're at it, invent a load of anime robots made from unobtanium that used to be trees or something, because what the Sonic franchise clearly lacks is big stompy robots."

"Oh, and don't forget to make them Super-Sonic proof, but vulnerable to getting stomped by regular characters!"

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I liked the arc well enough. Not spectacular, but it was neat and different, despite its... oddities.

I did think the Blue Typhoon was cool, though. If it were allowable, I'd love to see it in the comic.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

The problem was that X had been nothing but different, and after all that Different, we were ready for some just-plain-Sonic-and-friends-doing-stuff. Instead, we got The Flashback Vegetable Show.
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:23 am

ToaArcan wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I liked the arc well enough. Not spectacular, but it was neat and different, despite its... oddities.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

The problem was that X had been nothing but different, and after all that Different, we were ready for some just-plain-Sonic-and-friends-doing-stuff. Instead, we got The Flashback Vegetable Show.

No argument here, though I think we got a fair bit of just-plain-Sonic-and-friends-doing-stuff sprinkled throughout the first two seasons.

Unless you mean on their own world, in which case yeah, I definitely agree.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius