"Too Many Mechas" or "Where's Pseudo Sonic?"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Too Many Mechas

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:14 pm

But Silver Sonic looks nothing like Mecha Sonic.... then again 8bit and 16bit Silver Sonic don't look similar neither.

Well, it's too late for me. Death Battle and Archie comics taught me there are 3 lines and that's what I'm sticking to. It's not like Sega was bringing Mecha back or anything,
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby The KKM » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:47 am

Experiment grabbing the Mecha Sonic S3K sprites and recolouring them silver, you'll realise it's actually just a sleeker version of the Sonic 2 design. The monoeye, the wheels on feet, the arms, the way it spins, etc.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Matt7325 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Any chance you'd be able to share those? Sounds pretty cool.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby diamonddeath » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:11 pm

Meliden wrote:Sonic 2 16 bit is Mecha Sonic in the West as well according to the Sonic 4 summary of the first three games.

Which makes you wonder what Ian plans on doing with the Mecha line now that he kept the Silver name for at least some of them. Did it go through a name change as Mecha Sonic only for one game, or was it a separate robot entirely?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:22 am

diamonddeath wrote:
Meliden wrote:Sonic 2 16 bit is Mecha Sonic in the West as well according to the Sonic 4 summary of the first three games.

Which makes you wonder what Ian plans on doing with the Mecha line now that he kept the Silver name for at least some of them. Did it go through a name change as Mecha Sonic only for one game, or was it a separate robot entirely?

Didn't Sonic 4 also tried to convince us that Knuckles story and Sonic/Tails story happened in the exactly same time (when Knuckles story is clearly second)?
I don't know, for me keeping Silver and Mecha as separate bots is just simpler. I mean, after whole old universe of calling him Silver Sonic, suddenly calling him Mecha would not only confusing, but also limiting for Flynn.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:45 am

Ian can do what he likes with the names since I doubt Sonic Team care about any of them bar Metal Sonic itself. I'm just saying what the situation is in the games since the Silver Sonic name from Sonic 2 8-Bit (not 16-Bit) would have been rendered null with the classic purge and the internationalisation (aka making Japanese names apply to the West) circa Adventure.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby diamonddeath » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Yeah, I just hope we find out soon. I really love the Silver/Mecha line, and with Metal having always been Eggman's best(?) robot in the games and in the reboot, I wonder what that makes the Silver/Mecha line. Were they just prototypes to the Metal line that became their own thing and eventually scrapped?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

So Where's Pseudo Sonic?

Postby Excelhedge » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:01 pm

We got Breezie, Von Schlemmer, and even The SSS&S Squad where's our 1st Sonic Robot Double?
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Re: So Where's Pseudo Sonic?

Postby DudestofGuys » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Busy being redundant and way less important than other Sonic robots that still haven't shown up yet.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby Mobotropolis » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Spoiler: show
Could be that Sonic already defeated Pseudo Sonic and returned Lawrence to his family.

I don't really see a reason to bring in yet another Sonic model when we already have Metal and Silver Sonic.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:18 pm

We need to figure out what Ian is planning for the robotic Sonics of this new timeline. There are some things we need to understand chronologically first before just throwing in Pseudo Sonic, which could potentially cause some problems. In no particular order, these are the games with the introductions of the robotic duplicates that we know so far:

Sonic CD - Metal Sonic
Sonic 2 - Silver Sonic
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Mecha Sonic
Sonic 2 8-bit - Silver Sonic Prototype

My theory is that Sonic 2 8-bit occurred before Sonic 2, making the Silver Sonic prototype the first robotic duplicate, or at least the first Silver Sonic. Then, Sonic 2 happened, introducing an upgraded Silver Sonic aboard the Death Egg. We know that Sally, Antoine, Rotor, and Bunnie joined up with Sonic and Tails during the events of Sonic 2 from Snively's origin story. Since Tails seemed to fight directly alongside Sonic during Sonic 2, it is possible that there was some time between the first and second game where Sonic met them all and became close with Tails. My theory is that this is due to Tails being kidnapped from the events of Sonic 2 8-bit, and as a result Sonic decided to mentor/train him as a sidekick. I'm thinking that, since Metal Sonic is the robotic duplicate that Eggman constantly relies on, he is probably the last robotic duplicate introduced, but it is also possible that Mecha Sonic was created afterwards, since Metal Sonic was stuck on Little Planet for quite a while. It seems that the game version of Eggman (and potentially this Eggman after the reboot) is for some reason unable to simply recreate Metal Sonic, seeing as how he went through a lot of trouble to save him from Little Planet and upgrade him, that is if Sonic 4 happened in this new timeline. Regardless, he went through a lot of trouble to rescue Metal Sonic from the Distant Abyss Zone in a recent issue. This also means that all of the games in which Metal Sonic appeared in after Sonic CD have to have happened after Sonic 4.

So, what am I getting at with all this information? If the upgrade path is:

Silver Sonic Prototype (Sonic 2 8-bit) -> Silver Sonic (Sonic 2) -> Mecha Sonic (may or may not be part of this branch) (Sonic 3 & Knuckles)

and if Metal Sonic was a standalone perfect robotic duplicate, then where would Pseudo Sonic fit into the timeline? It's possible that it was a suit/vehicle similar to its cartoon counterpart, making it the only robotic duplicate that is actually a manned suit/vehicle and therefore a prototype to the unmanned Silver Sonic prototype, which is capable of running on its own. It is also possible that it would be unmanned, and therefore either a prototype to the Silver Sonic line or a prototype to Metal Sonic. The thing about the Silver Sonic line is that they are all silver. It is possible that the Mecha Sonic from Sonic 3 & Knuckles is therefore not related to the Silver Sonic line, as the Silver Sonic line is still in use today (it was seen as a Badnik Horde commander after the reboot), and Pseudo Sonic could have been a prototype to Mecha Sonic. There are many possibilities. I just wanted to share all of this information because it is important to think of the story and how Pseudo Sonic would fit into all of this.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:16 am

Replacing Pseudo Sonic with Breezie was one of the best things the reboot did. And if the comic started adding more AoStH characters, Pseudo Sonic sure wouldn't be on my list.

Though considering Pseudo Sonic was just another badnik at least in the old comic canon, there's a rather obvious way to incorporate him into the comic without taking much of anything away. Though I much rather see the robots that were adapted in Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine get a chance to shine.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:36 am

DudestofGuys wrote:Busy being redundant and way less important than other Sonic robots that still haven't shown up yet.

This.

If Flynn will come up with clever idea to use him, he will. If not, he won't push him to satisfy all 3 of his fans. There already was plenty topics about Aosth characters that could show up (Katela, Warpnik, Merhogs, Wes) and Pseudo isn't on the top of the list.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby diamonddeath » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:53 am

I wanted to point out something that I just realized. In The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, Pseudo Sonic is written with a dash between the two words as Pseudo-Sonic. Was this a mistake or a retcon for its spelling?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius