Ask Lea Stuff and Things

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Ask Lea Stuff and Things

Postby Meliden » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Ooh, that concept art looks like something Madoka Magica might have stylised.

And it's funny one of your faves is Mulan, because I literally just found out that there's a live action remake in the works for it now.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Yarcaz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Yarcaz wrote:Does "Shard the Mecha Sonic" still count as a metal sonic? I ask because SEGA mandates that there is only one metal sonic, but captain metal still exists so i guess that he doesn't count as a metal sonic anymore, so does that apply to "Shard the Mecha Sonic" as well?

Captain Metal is a sort of case where they have to go "No, he's totally NOT Metal Sonic *wink wink nudge nudge*) because they like to keep canon, while SEGA likes to change their rules in the same continuity

So wait, that means that in order for "Shard the Mecha Sonic" to reappear post-reboot or just not be considered a metal sonic would have to have something to happen to make shard less metal sonic-like because he was made of a past metal sonic, and newer metal sonic and metal scourge parts, and metal sonic troopers. Besides his change to a name of Mecha and the side things of what he is incorporated into his making he would have to have something different to no longer be a metal sonic since so far he is just a modified rogue version of one and that would not be allowed by the mandate. So maybe an A.I. that was a past form of silver sonic or badnik gone rogue could turn out to be a similar shard that is not a metal sonic by a mandate? Who knows.
More than likely he is gone though *sigh*

Also don't know if this picture of ian on twitter talking about shard is real or fake.
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv13 ... 92fb24.png
(Comment on this comment please)
Yarcaz
BumbleFan

Postby Yarcaz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Yarcaz wrote:What did you personally like and/or dislike about "Shard the Mecha Sonic" all the times he appeared pre-reboot?

Kureejii Lea wrote:I don't think I particularly disliked anything about him. I did enjoy how his character bounced off of others, especially Larry and Silver.

Yarcaz wrote:Does "Shard the Mecha Sonic" still count as a metal sonic? I ask because SEGA mandates that there is only one metal sonic, but captain metal still exists so i guess that he doesn't count as a metal sonic anymore, so does that apply to "Shard the Mecha Sonic" as well?

Kureejii Lea wrote:I don't think I can get into the specifics of this. Sorry!

Ok, thanks for answering those questions for what you are allowed to say. I sent another message in response to "Mavrickindigo" if it is "bad" to this thread (which i hope it is not) i will edit to remove it besides my curiosity of whether this image is real or not.
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv13 ... 92fb24.png
Yarcaz
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Hey, that my Photobucket account! Why didn't I use Imgur for that one???

Here's the thing; it's absolutely a real image. The problem? It's an old image. The dates of the responses peg it to at least six months ago, and honestly I think that particular lot is from 2013 instead. Things can change since then...and in Shard's case, unfortunately, it has. I can dig up the image of that response from a few days ago which would probably upset Shard fans.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Yarcaz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Meliden wrote:Hey, that my Photobucket account! Why didn't I use Imgur for that one???

Here's the thing; it's absolutely a real image. The problem? It's an old image. The dates of the responses peg it to at least six months ago, and honestly I think that particular lot is from 2013 instead. Things can change since then...and in Shard's case, unfortunately, it has. I can dig up the image of that response from a few days ago which would probably upset Shard fans.

Noooo! :(

I still hope that he can come back someway somehow in any way shape or form, maybe just an A.I. like Nicole that runs the sky patrol or weapons systems or an abandoned project by chuck or something, or residue digital information that was leftover when or if sonic was momentarily roboticized in this new history setting and it formed into an A.I. from that or just a random badnik that betrayed eggman, or some hedgehog kid that got digitized, I don't know?

I just look a lot at the SEGA mandates, metal sonic's history, sonic and mobius wiki pages, discussions, bumbleking forms, and Ian's and others twitter and such with stuff related to this to find anything that I can.

And I just now saw this on Ian's page on twitter, don't know if this is good or bad yet related to my shard hopes. Is this the image or page that you wanted to dig up "Meliden"?
https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/580861717812518912

*Only read the spoiler if you are curious as to why I ask so many shard questions. {If this should be removed please notify me}*
Spoiler: show
(Fun Fact: I first started to follow the "current" Archie Sonic Comic books {I had slowly been collecting sonic archives about 1 every other month in order.} after seeing Sonic #238 and Sonic Universe #41 in June of 2012 and instantly started buying the comics after seeing shard the reformed mecha sonic and loving his attitude and complex backstory along with changing to good. This lead me to spend about every other day to this day trying to look up new facts about shard, peoples opinion on him, a 3d model of him, {which someone eventually made - :D} and any and all information to see if he would come back at all after Sonic Universe #50 and then maybe after the crossover. And that was the first time that I really followed the sonic series, the comics, and found an absolute favorite character of anything in general of; all of which helped me through depression etc. So I am still scouring and hoping that in some way shape or form that shard the mecha sonic will reappear since the character had a positive impact on my life. I guess besides still liking some aspects of the comics is what is keeping me following the series while trying to get any answers at all without upsetting anyone and without breaking any rules anywhere to find information on shard. Wow, how did I become so obsessive, (hearty laughter).)
Yarcaz
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:37 pm

It's not the same one, but you can note the #KnowingFrown tag. And it was said around the same time as the other one so they are related.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Adamis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Vampfox wrote:I don't know if you can really answer this, but do you know why Nicole's hairplus were removed from her redesign?

If there was a specific reason I don't know it. They were there through pretty much all of development and then they were gone at the last minute. Something similar happened with Antoine, too.

About Antoine, do you mean his muzzle design, or his clothes ? Didn't he have a scarf or something ?
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:47 pm

Adamis wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:
Vampfox wrote:I don't know if you can really answer this, but do you know why Nicole's hairplus were removed from her redesign?

If there was a specific reason I don't know it. They were there through pretty much all of development and then they were gone at the last minute. Something similar happened with Antoine, too.

About Antoine, do you mean his muzzle design, or his clothes ? Didn't he have a scarf or something ?

The cover to Countdown to Chaos originally showed him with eye markings, just as Nicole had her plugtails. In the final comic, his eyes have no surrounding markings.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Kureejii Lea » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Meliden wrote:Ooh, that concept art looks like something Madoka Magica might have stylised.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but I like that comparison.

And it's funny one of your faves is Mulan, because I literally just found out that there's a live action remake in the works for it now.

Huh. Didn't see that one coming. I guess live action Disney is becoming its own thing now.

Yarcaz: I'm glad that Shard had such a positive impact on you, and sorry that I can't offer any concrete info. I will say that while things have changed behind the scenes repeatedly and sometimes without warning (so what we believe to be an accurate statement one day might not be the case later on), that does at least show that we never know what could happen down the line. And while I see you worrying about the rules a bit (relax!), just try to avoid double-posting in the future (posting twice in a row -- if you want to add something to your previous post, please use the edit button). Thanks!

Meliden wrote:
Adamis wrote:About Antoine, do you mean his muzzle design, or his clothes ? Didn't he have a scarf or something ?

The cover to Countdown to Chaos originally showed him with eye markings, just as Nicole had her plugtails. In the final comic, his eyes have no surrounding markings.

Pretty much that, yeah. His snout/muzzle was a little different too. I don't remember there being a scarf, but it's been a while... I know his glove cuffs changed a little bit too at some point.

Anyway, that wraps things up for now. Thanks, everyone!
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius