Theory: Paige's Origins. (Warning: Spoilers for Universe 73)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Theory: Paige's Origins. (Warning: Spoilers for Universe

Postby SonicWindAttack » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:15 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:
SonicWindAttack wrote:I still think they missed a golden opportunity with that one. Even if Phage was never meant to have personal ties with Nicole and Ellidy, that doesn't mean she shouldn't have. Since she was never a personal enemy of theirs, Nicole defeating her does nothing to affect her relationship with her "father". It just feels nauseatingly imprudent.

I don't know. I think I would prefer if we learn Phage's origins later on, and they won't have anything to do with Nicole. That way she will be character on her own rights, not just Nicole's personal "baddy".

I just feel that Nicole and Ellidy should've actually bonded at the end of the arc, and Phage was the perfect catalyst to make that happen. Maybe they will go back and explain things better later, but given Phage's allegiance (and apparent obsession) to Eggman, I doubt it'll be as interesting as what could've been.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby Scruffy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:28 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:I'm getting the feeling that Paige is a corrupted, digitised version of Nikki. There's several bits of evidence that leads to this found in Sonic Universe #73. Firstly, there's one panel in particular that really drives it home. When Nicole is escaping from Paige's trap, Paige briefly takes a Lynx form, including having the same hair Nikki had.

Interesting theory. I had interpreted that part as Phaige preparing to assimilate Nicole and then take her form to trick Sally into handing over the Chaos Emerald and red star rings.

I'm sticking with my theory that Phaige is Tails Doll's digital avatar. We know it's in the mix, because we saw it sneak aboard the Sky Patrol.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Mordum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:43 am

Scruffy wrote:I'm sticking with my theory that Phaige is Tails Doll's digital avatar. We know it's in the mix, because we saw it sneak aboard the Sky Patrol.

I'd be pretty down with that. I like the idea of an amusing memetic gag being exploited for its actual dramatic potential, especially in such a creative way.

Unless you're joking.

But then don't break my heart by joking so brilliantly, you monster.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Mordum wrote:
Scruffy wrote:I'm sticking with my theory that Phaige is Tails Doll's digital avatar. We know it's in the mix, because we saw it sneak aboard the Sky Patrol.

I'd be pretty down with that. I like the idea of an amusing memetic gag being exploited for its actual dramatic potential, especially in such a creative way.

Unless you're joking.

But then don't break my heart by joking so brilliantly, you monster.

Nope, no joke. That is 100% pure Scruffy crazy theory working for you.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius