Theory: Paige's Origins. (Warning: Spoilers for Universe 73)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Theory: Paige's Origins. (Warning: Spoilers for Universe 73)

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:27 pm

So after Reading Spark of Life Part 3, it being the first issue to really focus on Paige, I had an idea after reading it. There will be spoilers for Spark Of Life Part 3 though!

I'm getting the feeling that Paige is a corrupted, digitised version of Nikki. There's several bits of evidence that leads to this found in Sonic Universe #73. Firstly, there's one panel in particular that really drives it home. When Nicole is escaping from Paige's trap, Paige briefly takes a Lynx form, including having the same hair Nikki had.

Then we have Nicole running into a room filled with Nikki pictures. Now one explanation could be it's simply files found on the doctor's computer but then you remember that Paige stated she has had control for a while. In that case, why not delete those pictures? She clearly wants to hurt Dr.Ellidy and what would hurt worse than erasing the last few images Ellidy has left of her? Could it be that Paige sees the images as a past life and just can't bring herself to actually destroying them? Then we have Nicole. Paige seems to have been attempting to lure Nicole into the digital so is it possible that she feels jealous of Nicole? Maybe believing that Ellidy replaced her with Nicole? Maybe sort of like how in Mega Man, Proto-Man lures Mega Man into traps because he's jealous and feels replaced by him?

I don't know, it's just a thought I had.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Re: Theory: Paige's Origins. (Warning: Spoilers for Universe

Postby Betz! » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:So after Reading Spark of Life Part 3, it being the first issue to really focus on Paige, I had an idea after reading it. There will be spoilers for Spark Of Life Part 3 though!

I'm getting the feeling that Paige is a corrupted, digitised version of Nikki. There's several bits of evidence that leads to this found in Sonic Universe #73. Firstly, there's one panel in particular that really drives it home. When Nicole is escaping from Paige's trap, Paige briefly takes a Lynx form, including having the same hair Nikki had.

Then we have Nicole running into a room filled with Nikki pictures. Now one explanation could be it's simply files found on the doctor's computer but then you remember that Paige stated she has had control for a while. In that case, why not delete those pictures? She clearly wants to hurt Dr.Ellidy and what would hurt worse than erasing the last few images Ellidy has left of her? Could it be that Paige sees the images as a past life and just can't bring herself to actually destroying them? Then we have Nicole. Paige seems to have been attempting to lure Nicole into the digital so is it possible that she feels jealous of Nicole? Maybe believing that Ellidy replaced her with Nicole? Maybe sort of like how in Mega Man, Proto-Man lures Mega Man into traps because he's jealous and feels replaced by him?

I don't know, it's just a thought I had.

Should this be in the theory thread?
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:54 pm

I honestly didn't even know Bumbleking had a theory thread.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Betz! » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:13 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:I honestly didn't even know Bumbleking had a theory thread.

I made it. It's the Sonic Theory Thread. Just scroll down.
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:01 pm

I think her name is spelled Phage.

It would be nice if Phage had a deeper origin story than "Dr. Eggman's version of Tron's MCP."
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby The Jazzyman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:18 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:I think her name is spelled Phage.

It would be nice if Phage had a deeper origin story than "Dr. Eggman's version of Tron's MCP."

I honestly think that Phage isn't a rip off and was actually inspired from the dead sonic character E.V.E

They are both also female AI who appear incredibly powerful and intelligent, so maybe
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Postby TurboTailz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 pm

The Jazzyman wrote:

I honestly think that Phage isn't a rip off and was actually inspired from the dead sonic character E.V.E

They are both also female AI who appear incredibly powerful and intelligent, so maybe

Good theory, I was thinking about the other A.I antagonist that took control of Tommy turtle.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby akessel92 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:17 pm

TurboTailz wrote:
The Jazzyman wrote:

You mean Adam right?

Good theory, I was thinking about the other A.I antagonist that took control of Tommy turtle.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby TurboTailz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:25 pm

akessel92 wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:Good theory, I was thinking about the other A.I antagonist that took control of Tommy turtle.

You mean Adam right?

Yes :)
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby DabigRG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:37 pm

I had no idea Sonic Universe 73 had a character named Paige. :(hearty laughter):
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:44 pm

That was pointed out to him three months ago, you're kinda late on this.

That said, SU#74 revealed that she has no link to Nikki, so this theory's been debunked anyway.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby DabigRG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Well I know that now, but it made me laugh too hard that I couldn't resist. :P
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicWindAttack » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Meliden wrote:That was pointed out to him three months ago, you're kinda late on this.

That said, SU#74 revealed that she has no link to Nikki, so this theory's been debunked anyway.

I still think they missed a golden opportunity with that one. Even if Phage was never meant to have personal ties with Nicole and Ellidy, that doesn't mean she shouldn't have. Since she was never a personal enemy of theirs, Nicole defeating her does nothing to affect her relationship with her "father". It just feels nauseatingly imprudent.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 pm

DabigRG wrote:Well I know that now, but it made me laugh too hard that I couldn't resist. :P

I don't see why? I made a simple mistake. Big whoop. Especially when it was corrected 3 months ago as was said.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:50 am

SonicWindAttack wrote:I still think they missed a golden opportunity with that one. Even if Phage was never meant to have personal ties with Nicole and Ellidy, that doesn't mean she shouldn't have. Since she was never a personal enemy of theirs, Nicole defeating her does nothing to affect her relationship with her "father". It just feels nauseatingly imprudent.

I don't know. I think I would prefer if we learn Phage's origins later on, and they won't have anything to do with Nicole. That way she will be character on her own rights, not just Nicole's personal "baddy".
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius