Bow Sparrow Failed This City

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Bow Sparrow Failed This City

Postby Kevin160nitroncaron3 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:46 am

When unfortunate stuff got Rob O the Hedge tossed out of the comic and replaced with Bow Sparrow, the latter showed a lot of character with his arrow skills and arrow crafted weapons. Given Bow Sparrow is only mentioned in STH #254 at start of the new continuity. Bow is Ian’s character, but should he make Bow darker (and full fledging to kill anyone) topped off with him saying “You have failed this city.” Would Bow work better if he had a backstory that strands him on an island immediately after losing his father when their ship blows up. Has to fight to survive and shoot arrows in anyone’s chest. Teams up with a guy who eventually becomes evil and gets an eye patch. Massive muscles to take on the Babylon Rouges, Team Dark and Eclipse himself and never lose.

Team roster
Bow Sparrow – Arrow
Thorn the Lop – Black Canary
Munch the Rat – Arsenal
Alan Quail – a Speedy who can sing?
Friar Buck – John Diggle

It worked with Oliver Queen, and he went from this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... ics_91.jpg

to this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... -_2%29.jpg
Kevin160nitroncaron3
BumbleCitizen

Re: Bow Sparrow Failed This City

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:57 am

you do realize that Green Arrow is a comic book character who has been around for decades? Sure you can put someone in a tin can and acll them 'iron whatever" but ripping off Green Arrow's backstory and trying to make a serious character out of it might not be such a good idea. I mean, what if Ian made a rich Mobian whose parents were shot in the street and then he dressed up like a bat and fought crime?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Xeric » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:59 am

So what you're saying is that Ian should make Bow Sparrow a Green Arrow expy? You don't think it's bad enough he's already got to compete with being a Rob O'Hedge expy? Not only that, I'm pretty sure DC would have something to say if they thought the character was way too much like their property.

Friar Buck is a Penders character by the way. How he slipped through the cracks during Chaotix Quest is anyone's guess.

No. Just.. no. I'm tired of the characters of this book ripping off the characters from other books. Most of Ken Penders cast did this and I found a lot of it offensive to the original characters. He admitted to making Geoffrey and Hershey based around James Bond and Moneypenny, which would of been pretty neat if he hadn't butchered their personalities.

I'd rather we just had whole new characters, which Ian is giving us plenty at the moment.
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:10 am

I'm perfectly happy keeping him as a replacement Robin Hood esq character. I'd rather not see Arrow ever be referenced in anything ever.

I saw two episodes of this season and didn't care for it.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Penguin God » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Green Arrow works as Green Arrow, but Bow Sparrow works fine as just a little Robin Hood parody. He's a silly character with a silly cast and that's not a bad thing in Sonic.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:18 pm

[sarcasm] Yes, and next we should make Sonic into a Flash parody because the TV show is popular. [end sarcasm]
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Vector » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:16 pm

This is quite possibly the greatest topic ever.

It might beat out a Vin Diesel casting as Big the Cat.

http://sonichqcommunity.yuku.com/topic/ ... ie-project

when i graduate from college (which will be in a few years), i will start writing a screenplay for a live action Sonic movie. heres the cast idea i have in mind right now

(voices of CGI characters)
Sonic: Tobey Miguire
Tails: Haley Joel Osmont
Knuckles: Micheal Ironside
Amy: Alexa Vega
Chao: Casey Casem
Princess Sally: Nicole Kidman
Big the Cat: Vin Diesil
Froggy: Frank Oz
Cream: Alexa Vega
Scratch: Gilbert Goddfrey
Grounder: Jim Carrey

Humans

Robotnik: Alfred Molina
Robotnik's girlfriend Alicia: Elizabeth Hurley
Mayor of Station Square: Ray liotta
Station Square police captian: R Lee Ermey

the sonic characters will be part animatronic and part cgi like the bears in the movie The Country Bears. im hoping for a PG-13 rating.
Vector
BumbleFan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Vector wrote:This is quite possibly the greatest topic ever.

It might beat out a Vin Diesel casting as Big the Cat.

http://sonichqcommunity.yuku.com/topic/ ... ie-project

when i graduate from college (which will be in a few years), i will start writing a screenplay for a live action Sonic movie. heres the cast idea i have in mind right now

(voices of CGI characters)
Sonic: Tobey Miguire
Tails: Haley Joel Osmont
Knuckles: Micheal Ironside
Amy: Alexa Vega
Chao: Casey Casem
Princess Sally: Nicole Kidman
Big the Cat: Vin Diesil
Froggy: Frank Oz
Cream: Alexa Vega
Scratch: Gilbert Goddfrey
Grounder: Jim Carrey

Humans

Robotnik: Alfred Molina
Robotnik's girlfriend Alicia: Elizabeth Hurley
Mayor of Station Square: Ray liotta
Station Square police captian: R Lee Ermey

the sonic characters will be part animatronic and part cgi like the bears in the movie The Country Bears. im hoping for a PG-13 rating.

Just why?
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Super Rayzor » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Someone needs to make fan art of this stat!

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I'm perfectly happy keeping him as a replacement Robin Hood esq character. I'd rather not see Arrow ever be referenced in anything ever.

Just 2? Have you watched any of the other seasons?
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:27 pm

I wouldn't mind if Bow was a Green Arrow parody, if he's still leading Rob's Merry Men expies. We already know he's fighting King Arthur's nemesis on the legendary island featured in Arthurian legend. I question how much sense it makes to keep two OCs who were created to fill in the Pendering if everywhere around that neck of the woods is still centered around being parody expies.

Kevin160nitroncaron3 wrote:Munch the Rat – Arsenal
If Munch is Roy Harper, he'd give a whole new meaning to his name.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Super Rayzor wrote:Someone needs to make fan art of this stat!

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I'm perfectly happy keeping him as a replacement Robin Hood esq character. I'd rather not see Arrow ever be referenced in anything ever.

Just 2? Have you watched any of the other seasons?

Nope got the gist. Pretty sure the more I'd watch the more I'd hate.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Super Rayzor » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:34 pm

I don't know man, Arrow's awesome and most people consider season 2 really good especially with Manu Bennett's portrayal of Deathstroke; however, to each their own!
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:31 pm

I kinda like Bow the way he is(or should I say was, since we haven't seen him in this new universe yet & are unaware of whether or not has personality has changed). If othere freedom fighter groups still exist in this world, then I'd love to see a Sonic Comic Origins story for his team, as well as the others.
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Is he going to shoot out Mordred Hood eye and force our favorite Cobra Egg Boss to don an orange and black mask?

...in all seriousness, I don't see Bow becoming the comics' answer to Green Arrow. I would like him to return at some point, but I half wonder if all the issues are going to reduce him and his team of Freedom Fighters to "the reason the Sky Patrol doesn't go to Avalon."
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Is he going to shoot out Mordred Hood eye and force our favorite Cobra Egg Boss to don an orange and black mask?

...in all seriousness, I don't see Bow becoming the comics' answer to Green Arrow. I would like him to return at some point, but I half wonder if all the issues are going to reduce him and his team of Freedom Fighters to "the reason the Sky Patrol doesn't go to Avalon."

hm? You mean like he shoots it out of the sky or would it be his attitude?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius