When is this comic getting its first LGBT character?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: When is this comic getting its first LGBT character?

Postby Azul » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Xabin wrote:...*throws up hands and sighs* Fine, I'm freaking wrong, happy? Seems like nothing that comes out of my mouth is being taken even remotely seriously, and is being dismissed as garbage, so whatever, I'm done. Mods, please ban me, I'm done here.


Come on. Don't be like that. Just learn from your mistakes and try to add some validty to the claims you make. Being wrong isn't the end of the world.
User avatar
Azul
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: Somewhere, USA

Re: When is this comic getting its first LGBT character?

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Azul wrote:
Xabin wrote:...*throws up hands and sighs* Fine, I'm freaking wrong, happy? Seems like nothing that comes out of my mouth is being taken even remotely seriously, and is being dismissed as garbage, so whatever, I'm done. Mods, please ban me, I'm done here.


Come on. Don't be like that. Just learn from your mistakes and try to add some validty to the claims you make. Being wrong isn't the end of the world.


Right. We all have our views that we think is right or sounds reasonable, but we have to be prepared to hear the alternative for those who will counter it. That's how debates and discussions are made. Nothing to feel bad about :).
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: When is this comic getting its first LGBT character?

Postby Xabin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Really? Because every single thing I've said on here about most of the stuff we've debated has been countered with "No, you're wrong, and here's why, stop being ignorant and grow up", and it's frustrating the @#$% out of me. Seriously, you guys are seeming to me to be deliberately obtuse as to how the really real world works. So fine, you're right, I'm wrong, end of story, that's what you want to hear, right? I've added validity to my claims, I've given sources and examples and all of that, but none of that matters, because you guys are more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am, it seems. So fine, I'm the dumb person here, berate me all you want. I'm not going to speak of this topic ever again on here.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:26 am

Re: When is this comic getting its first LGBT character?

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Xabin wrote:Really? Because every single thing I've said on here about most of the stuff we've debated has been countered with "No, you're wrong, and here's why, stop being ignorant and grow up", and it's frustrating the @#$% out of me. Seriously, you guys are seeming to me to be deliberately obtuse as to how the really real world works. So fine, you're right, I'm wrong, end of story, that's what you want to hear, right? I've added validity to my claims, I've given sources and examples and all of that, but none of that matters, because you guys are more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am, it seems. So fine, I'm the dumb person here, berate me all you want. I'm not going to speak of this topic ever again on here.


Don't worry about stuff like this. It's a very small reason to get upset over and you have to expect not everyone have a good way of expressing their views in a good way. Never ridicule yourself on what you don't know because some others are disagreeing with it. You're not dumb and never say that again. We all have our different views on how we express it so never overthink, speculate on what you think sounds bad. Stay indifferent.
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: When is this comic getting its first LGBT character?

Postby DudestofGuys » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:35 pm

Xabin wrote:So fine, you're right, I'm wrong, end of story, that's what you want to hear, right?


Not really.
I can't speak for everyone else, but I get the feeling most people are here for discussion. When you make a statement, posters tend to either ignore it, agree and add their own thoughts, or disagree and really get into why. If they think you're wrong most of them don't need the validation of you agreeing with them, they probably want to give their piece/explain their logic because they either think it's fun or have trouble understanding why someone wouldn't agree with their position.

You can do the whole victim complex thing, quit the forum forever, write angry blog posts about it, come back while putting yourself down, rinse and repeat, but you're only making yourself upset. Nobody gets a sense of satisfaction from passive aggressive admissions of defeat, nobody likes forum drama, and you're beating yourself up because you're forcing this perception that people are out to "defeat" you. If someone says something that upsets you it's okay to tell them that via a PM.

Just because people don't yield to your opinions eventually or find something you say offensive doesn't mean they're out to get you. Everyone here's a dumb nerd who reads kids' comics. It's okay.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 am

Re: When is this comic getting its first LGBT character?

Postby DoNotDelete » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:51 am

Xabin, I like your passion, but you're not being objective. You're letting your own fantasies colour your perception of the characters and the comic - which is fine if it enhances your own personal enjoyment of the comic - but to become frustrated with others because they challenge those fantasies (which are based entirely on your own very biased interpretation of 'subtle gestures' that 'normal people just aren't sensitive enough to pick up on') just makes you look obstinate and immature; To play the misunderstood victim and cry the sound of retreat only reinforces that.

You have to come to terms with the fact that not everyone is going to share your (very) biased perceptions of the characters and the comic. You are welcome to your fantasies, you are welcome to pitch them to the forum, but you should never expect everyone to agree with them.

Again, I like that you're creating a lot of debate on a topic you care about, I respect that. I just ask that you try to be more accommodating of other reader's views and analyses of the comic - even when they're different to your own.
User avatar
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:17 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: When is this comic getting its first LGBT character?

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:40 am

This isn't about LGBT rights anymore. Again. Closing the thread.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron