STH#270 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: STH#270 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Chameleon Guy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:28 am

After reading this issue, particularly the flashback, I kind of enjoyed Neo Metal Sonic,, he may have been bland, but like Breezie says he actually had some kind of personality, a free will and his own agenda. So I was very sad knowing that now he's a silent robot... but then I realized that, thankfully, Archie!Metal Sonic isn't like the games, he's still a bit like Heroes, so a Vegeta/Bass type of character, he wants to prove he's better than Sonic, he wants to surpass him. I like the silent killer but that's still kinda bland, he can definitely benefit from a touch of personality and a voice chip.

...so, I'm wondering how he reacts when he sees Breezie again.
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

Postby Meliden » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:41 am

If Metal Sonic's interaction with Shadow in Free Riders following what happened in Rivals 2 is any indication...he simply won't care the slightest and treat them as another bug to be crushed.

Then again, there's the dubious canonicity of Rivals 2 so...*shrug*
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Chameleon Guy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:07 pm

I don't remember much from his appearance in Rivals 2, I remember Eggman talking through him and that he made some noises... maybe he had some dialogue too, but still, his portrayal in the comic looks a bit different from that.
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Rivals 2 in the ending Shadow/Metal Sonic's story had him nearly destroy himself to reveal he had a Chaos Emerald all along and was willing to let Shadow use Chaos Control with it to warp them both out of the Ifrit's dimension.

Just thought that was a (and pretty much the only thing he actually acts for himself outside Eggman's reprogramming in the game) strangely notable trait for Metal Sonic to ever have.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby SimonSays » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 pm

With Neo Metal Sonic being brought up this issue, I really hope that somewhere the comic gives an explanation for what Shadow and Omega did with Metal Sonic at the end of Heroes. I mean, we know he ends up back with Eggman from later games, but why would those two just dump him off somewhere? That part's always irritated me for years almost as much as the moon thing. I dunno, it's not a big deal, but I think it would be interesting if they went into it.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby ChaosJam » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:21 pm

SimonSays wrote:With Neo Metal Sonic being brought up this issue, I really hope that somewhere the comic gives an explanation for what Shadow and Omega did with Metal Sonic at the end of Heroes. I mean, we know he ends up back with Eggman from later games, but why would those two just dump him off somewhere? That part's always irritated me for years almost as much as the moon thing. I dunno, it's not a big deal, but I think it would be interesting if they went into it.

Spoiler: show
Maybe they repair him, upgrade him, teach him until he is turned into this continuity's version of Shard? Actually that might work...
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:54 pm

That can't work because he's currently still about and working under the doctor's orders. In fact, them clashing is a big part of StH#272 and SU#75.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby ChaosJam » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Meliden wrote:That can't work because he's currently still about and working under the doctor's orders. In fact, them clashing is a big part of StH#272 and SU#75.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my thought process. I was thinking that maybe the current model that's on it's way to clash with Sonic in #271 is different from the de-super-powered model at the end of Heroes.
Now as I think about it, while unsure if there was a revolving door of Metal Sonic models in this continuity like the previous one, I guess Metal's comment in #256 seems to suggest he may in fact be the same from Heroes (with the will to surpass Sonic/not being destroyed). If that's the case, then you're right my theory is sunk though that still leaves SimonSays issue with Heroes unsolved; where did they take Metal Sonic at the end of the story?
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Chameleon Guy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:21 pm

ChaosJam wrote:
Meliden wrote:That can't work because he's currently still about and working under the doctor's orders. In fact, them clashing is a big part of StH#272 and SU#75.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my thought process. I was thinking that maybe the current model that's on it's way to clash with Sonic in #271 is different from the de-super-powered model at the end of Heroes.
Now as I think about it, while unsure if there was a revolving door of Metal Sonic models in this continuity like the previous one, I guess Metal's comment in #256 seems to suggest he may in fact be the same from Heroes (with the will to surpass Sonic/not being destroyed). If that's the case, then you're right my theory is sunk though that still leaves SimonSays issue with Heroes unsolved; where did they take Metal Sonic at the end of the story?

"There is only one Metal Sonic" - SEGA

I'd say it's always the same model that keeps being defeated and repaired. And I like that, Metal Sonic is a character, it's not a toy that you replace with a new one when it gets broken. Unlike what used to happen in the old continuity.
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

Postby Meliden » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:29 pm

I have a bit of a theory on what Shadow and Omega did with Metal Sonic (spoilered because fan stuff);

Spoiler: show
They secured him in the base that Omega was originally trapped in to ensure he couldn't come out and cause carnage again. Obviously that would have eventually failed, whether by Metal Sonic eventually escaping himself or Eggman tracking him down and busting him out. It might even be plausible that they tried to move Metal Sonic to GUN headquarters when they later joined the organisation, and he got freed in transit or something.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Considering Omega and Shadow weren't really GUN yet and Rouge wasn't there on GUN business, they probably just thrashed him and left the bot for Eggman to repair. Sonic Heroes was a game without very lasting consequences for anybody involved.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Shadowthehedgehog » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Well Heroes and Shadow aren't that far apart in terms of time, it's not completely out of the question.
Shadowthehedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby SimonSays » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:44 pm

I think my big gripe came from how Omega and Shadow were both rebelling against Eggman at the time. Doesn't seem to make sense to me that they would've turned over a fellow rebelling robot back to Eggman, even if he was power-hungry. Try to enlist him for their cause? Lock him away in another facility out of the reach of Eggman? Form a boy band? Even with Heroes' tendency to not address anything in a meaningful way, we at least know that Shadow and Omega hate Eggman and being locked away. Metal Sonic at that point is basically in the same boat as them and I think they could relate to him. I'm curious to know where the change of hands back to Eggman happened, since I can't see those two ever just giving him back.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Shadowthehedgehog » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:53 pm

You realize Metal Sonic had just finished trying to kill them, yet you're trying to tell me Omega and Shadow are going to relate to him? That's a pretty large leap in logic.
Shadowthehedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby SimonSays » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:55 pm

Omega screams KILL ANNIHILATE DESTROY the whole game and you don't think he'd relate to the robot that just tried to do all those things to Eggman?
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius