Zone Talk

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Zone Talk

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:36 pm

I'd love it if Ian managed to fit Genocide City into the comic.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SilverMudkip7 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:39 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I'd love it if Ian managed to fit Genocide City into the comic.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I have an idea:
Spoiler: show
Genocide City was going to be Eggman's base, Metropolis Zone, but as the Robians (or whatever they're called now) worked on it, something went wrong, and buildings came crashing down, killing hundreds of Robians, hence the name 'Genocide'. Eggman then restarted construction elsewhere, which led to the current Metropolis Zone, while leaving Genocide City as a Robian graveyard. (Although this might be too dark for the direction the comic is going in).
SilverMudkip7
BumbleFan

Postby SimonSays » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
SimonSays wrote:The settings in the Sonic Riders games always tended to be pretty cool too. Digital Dimension, especially. I'd love to see how a story could fit around that stage, constantly flipping back and forth between dark nightmare world and pretty heaven world and basically all of it just being holograms.

I had actually pitched a sorta Sonic Riders-styled idea for a variant cover for Spark of Life to use Digital Dimension as a setting. I've been thinking that I might try to draw it out in full one day, but that would require me to get off my lazy butt and actually draw anything.

Ooooh I would've loved to have seen that! That sounds like a perfect fit for Spark of Life.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Lord Exor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:01 am

The day the word genocide is expressly uttered in this book is the day I resign my post on the board of disenchanted Sonic fans.
Lord Exor
BumbleNoble

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Seaside Hill

Chun Nan

Spagonia

Holoska

Prison Island
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby theJcfreak » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:31 pm

SimonSays wrote:Oh! And definitely I've always wanted to see more of the spooky/haunted zones in the comic. Pumpkin Hill was really nice to see during Knuckles' SU arc. I think most of all I'd want to see someplace like Hang Castle/Mystic Mansion. I just really like stories with ghosts in them
Spoiler: show
and maybe that would be an ideal location to introduce the Ghost Girl from Night of the Werehog as a comic character?

I second this. We need more spooky stuff in the comics and I've actually been thinking that SEGA should bring back more haunted levels like Pumpkin Hill and Hang Castle in their games, so why not in the comics too?
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 am

NxtWaltDisney wrote:Seaside Hill

Chun Nan

Spagonia

Holoska

Prison Island

Ones you want to see? Ones you've enjoyed seeing? Both?

Kind of vague there...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:49 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
NxtWaltDisney wrote:Seaside Hill

Chun Nan

Spagonia

Holoska

Prison Island

Ones you want to see? Ones you've enjoyed seeing? Both?

Kind of vague there...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Ones I want to see
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby The Swordsman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:37 pm

I would love to see more zones from the video games but the ones I want to see the most are,

Red Mountain (volcano area from SA1 if I got the name wrong): Mostly I want to see this one because of those weird things in prison and wanting to find out whats up with them.

The Pyramid levels from S3&K and SA2: Both had ghosts that gave both Sonic and Eggman a hard time and King Boom Boo is a very interesting eldritch abomination type of character but besides the Sonic X anime(but not the comic surprisingly enough) he hasn't really been adapted well into other media. I would love to see what Ian could do with him.

Hidden Palace Zone: Its the resting place of all of the emeralds and has a prophecy that Shadow may or may not have been based on, need I say more? :P

Green Hill Zone: Sure its been shown before but it has never been seen in the actual verse so it be nice see what became of it in the actual reality.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby linebyline » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:33 pm

I want to see Grand Metropolis. It fascinates me that there was all this high-tech stuff and even flying cars all over the place, yet most human cities have more-or-less modern-day technology outside of GUN. Note that Breezie has a flying car, and is headquartered in a location from Heroes. Coincidence...?

Part of me wants to see how Relic would respond to Eggman's defacement of the statues in the Adventure 2 pyramid levels. I also wouldn't mind seeing a story or two set on the ARK.

And of course I could rattle off a list of Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 levels I'd like to see. Actually, let's just use all the Sonic 2 zones eventually.
linebyline
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:46 pm

So many zones...there's definitely not a lack of locations in terms of nu252 Mobius. Grand Metropolis has my vote as well, though I also would like to see Seaside Hill-there was a time when I thought it would be cool if it turned out that Echidnas built the ruins there.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Sciz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:49 pm

We're twenty years overdue to hit up Little Planet properly.

Aside from that whole microplanet, I'd love to see some TLC given to Starlight, Mystic Cave, anything from S&K besides Mushroom Hill and the Death Egg, Hang Castle, and I'll take any justification necessary to get back to the Colors planets.
Sciz
BumbleFan

Postby Vampfox » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:56 am

So what can and can't be a zone?

One of my big pet peeves with the old universe was that the book was very unclear, plus before Ian we had about three different Forbidden Zones. There was the Forbidden Zone that appeared in Sonic In Your Face. There was the Forbidden Zone on Angel Island. And there was the Forbidden Zone where Sonic met up with the robot Tommy Turtle.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:11 am

Likely the only zones at this point are the Special Stages which are extradimensional weirdo space, and the Sol Zone aka other-worlds. All the "zones" from the game are just areas now, like the Oil Ocean from before.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:01 am

Seems "zone" has been redefined, and now stands for what it was always meant to. I think the Special stuff is something else altogether now.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius