More DiC characters in the book

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:50 am

Hmm, if Knothole is in the Wood Zone, I wonder what Zone Lupe and her tribe would occupy...

Spoiler: show
I think Hill Top Zone would be kind of neat for them.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Meliden » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:29 am

I would have thought that a ruins zone would make more sense for Lupe.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:35 am

Meliden wrote:

Nah Lupe theme would be Mystic caves since her homeland is kind of rocky
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:36 am

Meliden wrote:

Maybe. I'm just thinking that the high cliffs and caves seem wolf-like, plus there's that network of low-tech transportation and such that runs through them... it'd be a neat place to have them, I think.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:37 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Maybe. I'm just thinking that the high cliffs and caves seem wolf-like, plus there's that network of low-tech transportation and such that runs through them... it'd be a neat place to have them, I think.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Mystic Hill Top cave perhaps? Hill Top zone is before Mystic cave so our concept is on point! Yeah man!
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:03 am

Think we have enough SatAM characters, we'd be reaching into the bottom of the barrel at this point.

No wait, there is one more SatAM character I want to see.

And that's the SatAM bible version of Nate Morgan. Which is in part because the comic adapted a version of the character in the old universe, might as well reintroduce him how he originally was suppose to be. If every other established SatAM character is returning to the reboot. Though I'd like to see this design used, and NOT the dapper design.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby jazzflower92 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:02 am

Spin wrote:Think we have enough SatAM characters, we'd be reaching into the bottom of the barrel at this point.

No wait, there is one more SatAM character I want to see.

And that's the SatAM bible version of Nate Morgan. Which is in part because the comic adapted a version of the character in the old universe, might as well reintroduce him how he originally was suppose to be. If every other established SatAM character is returning to the reboot. Though I'd like to see this design used, and NOT the dapper design.

Now this would be awesome because if Ixis was apart of the SatAm bible then Nate Morgan is fair game as well. Although they would have to revamp him into his original vision.
jazzflower92
BumbleFan

With Wes Weasley now in the book...

Postby Lord Exor » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:44 am

WHEN ARE WE GETTING CAPTAIN MEMO?!
Lord Exor
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:50 am

I'd welcome any SatAM character Ian wanted to bring in, but admittedly characters like Ari and Cat aren't very unique as is and would require bigger overhauls than even Breezie is receiving. Still, there are some I legitimately think would add something to the book:

Nate Morgan: He'd already need a major overhaul anyway, and I think between his bible version and Ian's own thoughts he could turn into a fun character. I wouldn't want him added to the main cast, but he'd be welcome in a cast that lost a lot of its older (physically older) characters.

Lazaar's Guardian: To be honest, I think the Guardian is far more interesting than Lazaar himself (nothing against Lazaar, I think he could be retooled fairly well, but he seems a little pointless when SatAM's already supplying Naugus). I love the atmosphere he gives off in "Super Sonic" and would love to see him expanded in some way in the Archie-verse.

Kraken: It's a shame Ian never got to use the Kraken in the old continuity, but freed from the Nerb angle the Kraken has some nice potential for continued use. I'd especially love to see his already unique design get the reboot treatment Breezie got, I think the art team could come up with something really great.

Swatbots: I'll admit this one's just personal taste. I miss Eggman having disposable lackeys. Orbot and Cubot are great, but Robotnik getting angry and wasting Crabmeat or a Swatbot was a joke I thought always worked and fit his character. Orbot and Cubot can't do that, and much as I loved having him back for Worlds Collide, I'm aware they fill the same role Crabmeat served and there really isn't room for him. But Swatbots serve a worker role that Orbot and Cubot simply aren't capable of being sidekicks so I think they could be brought in fairly well. We have Egg Pawns, true, but that didn't stop the games from using Egg Fighters during Unleashed. I think there's room in the comic verse for all of Eggman's robot soldiers.

But other than that, while I prefer SatAM to AOSTH every day of the week, I concede I'd prefer to see more of that cast re-imagined for the comic. SatAM was more plot driven and given a more serious tone, which meant the core cast was the sole focus of many episodes and episodic characters feel more like average people than exaggerated cartoon characters. AOSTH was joke driven, so its core cast repeat a lot while episodic characters serve as punchlines and have to be incredibly exaggerated in order to get that joke across. Characters like Memo or DA BEARS offer more to work off of than most of the side characters SatAM has that haven't been put in the book already, and also have the most to gain seeing as they're being taken from an entirely comedic piece and transplanted into an action adventure series that can be funny or serious.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Re: More DiC characters in the book

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:25 am

After seeing Lord Exor's post above (which was its own thread) and looking back over the thread, I've merged the two and changed the name to reflect all DiC cartoons-- SatAM, Adventures, and Underground.

Considering the book is already a mix of at least two of those, it just seems the best way to keep everything together nice and tidy.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby DrakStarr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:03 am

I kind of want to see Caninestein added to the comics.

Always nice to have another inventor around, but since we have the likes of Tails, Rotor, Chuck, Eggman and, to a [varied] extent, Ellidy, it might be difficult to wedge him in without making things redundant.
Unless, of course, he happens to have a different department in inventing.

And maybe not have that cliched accent that most geniuses in cartoons are known for.
DrakStarr
BumbleFan

Postby Polish Pete » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 am

TurboTailz wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Mystic Hill Top cave perhaps? Hill Top zone is before Mystic cave so our concept is on point! Yeah man!

Either Dust Hill Zone or Rock Zone. Period. End of discussion.

DrakStarr wrote:I kind of want to see Caninestein added to the comics.

Always nice to have another inventor around, but since we have the likes of Tails, Rotor, Chuck, Eggman and, to a [varied] extent, Ellidy, it might be difficult to wedge him in without making things redundant.
Unless, of course, he happens to have a different department in inventing.

And maybe not have that cliched accent that most geniuses in cartoons are known for.

I think it would be cool if Ian brought him to the comic, but it'd be even cooler if he brought along the good ol' googly-eyed Dr. von Schlemmer too. I think those two may have a pretty cool chemistry going on. One is more down-to-earth, while the other is slightly insane and absent-minded (kinda like Bean, but in his own way). Now tell me if that wouldn't work in a Sonic comic!
Plus, I don't mind their German accents, cliche or otherwise.
Last edited by Polish Pete on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen

Re: With Wes Weasley now in the book...

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:56 am

Lord Exor wrote:WHEN ARE WE GETTING CAPTAIN MEMO?!

It's not often I agree with Lord Exor but I agree with this.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Tonberry2k » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:02 pm

As much as Underground annoyed me, I always liked Sleet and Dingo and think they'd be a great addition.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:56 am

Polish Pete wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Either Dust Hill Zone or Rock Zone. Period. End of discussion.

For wolves? I could see coyotes, maybe, or some types, but didn't Lupe and company keep to a more lush environment?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius